What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Yarddog

Shot a nice doe, and a little button buck. He will make great steaks. Nice and tender. 7.62x39 soft tip. Bolt action Ruger American rifle. Steel case Russian ammo. Caught 640 rounds on sale for $420 shipped. The deer never complain about not using high quality ammo. Shoots a 1.5 inch pattern at 100 yards so it’s more than adequate for ethical hunting. Although 150 yards is about the furthest you want to shoot.
Bullet fell out of the doe’s rib cage. Didn’t exit.
IMG_1915.jpeg
IMG_1913.jpeg
IMG_1906.jpeg
IMG_1909.jpeg
IMG_1910.jpeg
IMG_1911.jpeg
IMG_1912.jpeg

oldmaninbc

420club
You know, I just learned something recently that really makes me think that the way we rate potency by THC (Delta 9) needs to be re-evaluated. Basically there is a product that is legal to openly sell anywhere in the US because it's based on the hemp plant which is legal in all 50 dtates. The product is sold as THC-A buds.. It's classified as hemp based on the Governments specification for hemp whic is a cannabis plant with .3 percent or less THC (again Delta 9). Apparently just like the cannabis we grow and enjoy, hemp comes in many varieties that have different cannabinoid profiles. The important one being THC-A content. THC-A as it is when the plant is growing has little if any psychedlic effect. The thing is, when THC-A is heated it converts to Deta-9 THC and at that point has all the psychedlic effects of any other cannabis but with Delta 9 THC content. So as an example you can have and legally sell bud in the US that has .3% of less Delta 9 THC but has say, 40% THC-A. Which means when you smoke it, you will essentially be smoking bud with 40+% THC content. Now I don't know if there is such a plant with that profile, I was just using thos numbers as an example. The question in my mind though is what is you go in a dispensary and buy some strain of bud rated for let's say 25% Delta 9 THC but it also has 25% THC-A. Should that bud continue to be rated at 25% or should it be rated at 50% since that's what it will become at the point you smoke it. This THC-A stuff is all new to me but it really makes me think we need to re-evaluate how we rate bud. It also explains how it would be possible that many of the older known strains that were popular for getting you really high (Panama Red, Acapulco Gold, etc) had fairly low THC percentages by today's standards and yet still got you as high as most good higher THC percentage weed sold today. Back then nobody wass checking for THC-A content, I'm not sure if anyone was even aware of THC-A back then? Maybe all those prized old school strains we usually called Primo Weed also had a high THC-A content?
I have wondered about that myself, while todays strains get me high they lack some of the nuances of the powerful old strains from my early years 60s-70s. But on the other hand, I have no desire to be growing a strain that takes plus or minus 20 weeks. I have several seeds in stock from long blooming strains and I doubt I will ever get to them. I recently purchased seed from a new local company, if the strains live up to what they say, I will consider a strain or two of their reworked sativas into shorter bloom phase.
Right now I mostly look for a potent evening strain which is quite the opposite of my usual choices. Now it's all about trying to keep pain and discomfort at bay and a mental cheer-me-up.

I know when I had my last surgery, I was able to tell them the mg of THC I was using. I guess having a system of proper cannaibinoid content, would be beneficial to all the old people getting surgery who use cannabis today.
I know little of what goes on with the chemical content of cannabis but my cookie will tell me every time by usage if it has what I am looking for.

oldmaninbc

420club
Good Sunday morning brothers and sisters! Hugz! View attachment 19086812 View attachment 19086813

Cloudy today with rains in the evening, starting at 49F and predicted to reach 70F.

I made a big batch of Pico de Gallo yesterday that turned out splendid. We also gave away around a dozen tomatoes and still have a bunch left, with more ripening.

I also mailed off some test samples and tried to donate the inversion table to Goodwill as long as it was still loaded in the Jeep. Alas, they refused it as too big, so it is still loaded.

A gorgeous day here and I got in an extra dawg walk, at Miss Layla's suggestion. We bumped into our neighbor who has a new Scotty female that is a little cutie and a lover, who seemed to think that me and Miss Layla are the cats meow and made my day all by herself.

Looks like I will be reglazing some mullioned windows today that the window washers partially deglazed when they washed them.
Hell and good day GW.
A new Scotty in the neighborhood, they do have character. Glad you and Miss Layla had an enjoyable canine visit.

oldmaninbc

420club
Shot a nice doe, and a little button buck. He will make great steaks. Nice and tender. 7.62x39 soft tip. Bolt action Ruger American rifle. Steel case Russian ammo. Caught 640 rounds on sale for $420 shipped. The deer never complain about not using high quality ammo. Shoots a 1.5 inch pattern at 100 yards so it’s more than adequate for ethical hunting. Although 150 yards is about the furthest you want to shoot.
Bullet fell out of the doe’s rib cage. Didn’t exit. View attachment 19086984 View attachment 19086986 View attachment 19086987 View attachment 19086988 View attachment 19086989 View attachment 19086990 View attachment 19086991
Nice butchering job and that looks like a good setup you have.

I am not a fan of venison but you have done well in bagging some game and getting it processed.
Good outcome YD, Enjoy!

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
Good afternoon folks. I got up at a decent hour and had breakfast and then decided to go back to bed again.. Now I’m up for lunch. Got to repot three of my TT girls. They look pretty scraggly but now after a few days of feeding them they really taking off… there in 1 gallon containers and they’re going up to fives and I will plant the plant as far down as I can into the soil to help the roots kick off stronger. I don’t know who’s playing football today, but I’m sure I’ll see some of it as long as I don’t fall asleep again… Without pounding caffeine, I go nowhere fast…😱

oldmaninbc

420club
I was out with a friend and his friend target shooting with Mini-14's during deer season and on the way back we saw a herd of Mule deer and the friend of a friend said stop the van. He then grabbed a Mini, slams a magazine in it, and shot a doe.

My rifle as it turns out and then he asks, "does anyone have a knife?"

I was the only one with a knife, which was a small gentleman's gold plated single bladed penknife.

His next question was, "Has any of you ever cleaned a deer?" As my friend is disabled, I helped his friend bleed and field dress the deer and hang it in his garage for skinning once we got home.

My penknife was actually wrecked, with the blade folded back the wrong way. Not only did he not offer to replace the knife, but I also never saw any piece of that deer.
Live and learn...to bad it was at your expense. Kind of leaves a taint on a friend of a friend.

oldmaninbc

420club
Funny ,many times stoned thinking can be brilliant and sometimes not.
Five years ago I get so inspired to grab recipes I liked .printed them .categized them in sections and put them in 4 inch book binder.
Its full completly.
I have yet to go into it and cooked something out of it.
Seems ,you rely on getting it quicker in other ways
I use to have quite the collection of books, magazines, pamphlets and who knows what with recipes. I got rid of most of them. Have a whole book with 1 or 2 usable recipes, why keep the book. I keep a few books now, I still have the first cookbook I bought in the early 70s with it's 1056 pages.
I like using the internet these days mostly.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
View attachment 19087035
Whitetail.
Thats what we had in the Oklahoma agricultural area that I grew up in, but I've only hunted Black Tail and Mule deer here.
Hell and good day GW.
A new Scotty in the neighborhood, they do have character. Glad you and Miss Layla had an enjoyable canine visit.
Good morning Old Man and a good day to yourself! This is their fourth Scotty that I know of and they all have bigger than life personalities.

Last edited:

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Ok, I got things that need to get done and like Pute's revelation about trimming and football, me sitting here is not getting things done, at all.

Message to myself, get up and get moving, NOW
I'm just sitting down, did my 6 miles. Walked to dispensary and grocery store too. Doritos. Ice hash. Switched into shorts and flip flops. Watching football. Lions and Vikings. Not sure how my Patriots faired

Latest posts

Latest posts