What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Nine human missions were launched to the moon between 1968 and 1972, with some people flying on more than one mission. As for moonwalkers, 12 American male astronauts walked on the moonbetween 1968 and 1972.

what more did we have to learn after nine successful moon missions with the humans to the moon and back and no radiation damage going through the van Alan belts?

sounds to me like they had the formula perfected to do it that many times and no radiation damage

why would we have to learn anything more after being that successful?

Once again, why don’t they just copy the data from those nine successful missions and go from there?

even to the film that they used to take all those pictures and movies

I wonder what they stored those film and did not get damaged by the radiation?
IMG_3096.gif

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Nine human missions were launched to the moon between 1968 and 1972, with some people flying on more than one mission. As for moonwalkers, 12 American male astronauts walked on the moonbetween 1968 and 1972.

what more did we have to learn after nine successful moon missions with the humans to the moon and back and no radiation damage going through the van Alan belts?

sounds to me like they had the formula perfected to do it that many times and no radiation damage

why would we have to learn anything more after being that successful?

Once again, why don’t they just copy the data from those nine successful missions and go from there?

even to the film that they used to take all those pictures and movies

I wonder what they stored those film and did not get damaged by the radiation?
Yeah all that is true based on the technology available at the time but just because we pulled it off multiple times doesn't mean things were perfected. I can't remember what all the problems they had were but I recently watched a documentary covering the history of US space flight from Mercury all the way thru the space shuttle and there were a number of times where things could have gone very wrong and a few times that they did go wrong. Some where astronauts died and others where they came up with work arounds to avoid disaster.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Yeah 14g's is qite the dose. On the West coast you can readily buy chocolate bars that they say contains a total of 5 g and thy say if you eat the whole bar it's considered a heroic dose (heroic dose = tripping balls) So if that's true I can't imagine what eating 14g would be like. The most I ever ate at once was 2 g and that had me tripping pretty good and I'm a pretty big guy (6' 1" 285 lbs).
I haven't tripped on shroomies in 15 years. Thinking of doing a few mycobags. I like B+

jokerman

Premium user
Hi there all you feisty OF , another day for this rebellious crew to straighten out the world affairs. Grow massive amounts of cannabis to stone society to it's core. I have one project for the day, being tired I will sit on the sidelines and will follow your titillating guidance.
Morning Oldman !
Had to read your post twice.!
I usually save the posts with a lot of words till early afternoon, after first lunch.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Been out in the veggie garden. Maters and squash are slowing down....Nights in the 40's will do that. I have about two weeks before I need to start worrying about frost. Maters need to hurry.....still have tons of them sitting on the vine.

Today's harvest.

View attachment 19057947

Maters, cukes, beets and carrots. Oh, couple of peppers in there as well.
Those carrots are legit, you should make a mean beef stew with them.
There's things to use your carrot tops for if you check the web

jokerman

Premium user
Been out in the veggie garden. Maters and squash are slowing down....Nights in the 40's will do that. I have about two weeks before I need to start worrying about frost. Maters need to hurry.....still have tons of them sitting on the vine.

Today's harvest.

View attachment 19057947

Maters, cukes, beets and carrots. Oh, couple of peppers in there as well.
Holy shit in the 40s

oldfogey8

hopefully easy to take out.
I heard some cars need to pull a transmission out for a alternator ,but I think who said it was bull shitting me☝️
A buddy of mine had a Honda Prelude years ago. His alternator died. I told him replacing an alternator is a snap and we could have it done in 15 minutes. Nope. There was no way to get it out after removing the bolts. He took it to a mechanic who had to drop the engine…

jokerman

Premium user
A buddy of mine had a Honda Prelude years ago. His alternator died. I told him replacing an alternator is a snap and we could have it done in 15 minutes. Nope. There was no way to get it out after removing the bolts. He took it to a mechanic who had to drop the engine…
with all due respect you asked for it. 😊☝️
You jinxed it ffs!.
" Things will knock you down ,you don't even see coming" B Springsteen

oldmaninbc

Afternoon old man! Puffing some ice hash and watching women's college volleyball. Mom bought me a steak and some teriyaki marinade 👍 She just had to go to work. Hope you are well old man
I am well, thank you DB, I have to go up on the roof today and spray some flex seal around the furnace venting. Other than that, it's cookies from noon on, for today. Oh, I have 3 cactus I need to transplant, just washing the pots now.
Take care DB