What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Been out in the veggie garden. Maters and squash are slowing down....Nights in the 40's will do that. I have about two weeks before I need to start worrying about frost. Maters need to hurry.....still have tons of them sitting on the vine.

Today's harvest.

IMG_20240901_105329792~2.jpg

Maters, cukes, beets and carrots. Oh, couple of peppers in there as well.

oldmaninbc

Been out in the veggie garden. Maters and squash are slowing down....Nights in the 40's will do that. I have about two weeks before I need to start worrying about frost. Maters need to hurry.....still have tons of them sitting on the vine.

Today's harvest.

View attachment 19057947

Maters, cukes, beets and carrots. Oh, couple of peppers in there as well.
Good day Pute, that's a great looking photo with those gorgeous veggies. Good health from the dirt.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I hope that that is the way it’s done now. A couple of capsules is a whole lot better than drinking that crap. I have a colonoscopy scheduled for next year every 10 years. This will be my last if there’s no problems.
Well that's just the way I heard it although just from one source. I do know they have products on the market capable though. I once bought a product on Amazon called "Colon Cleanse" thinking it to be a way to get rid of bloating and constipation. I took two capsules of the stuff and a few hours later I was emptying my bowels every 10-15 minutes for several hours. It made me feel exactly like the more traditional prep made me feel and it made me go to the bathroom about as much as the more traditional prep. On a seperate note regardless of how you go about it (traditional prep or this newer stuff) when you do that to your bowels it wrecks you gut microbiome and since that makes up about 70% of your immune system you should go on a regular course of pre and pro biotics for a week or two in order to build you gut microbiome back up. When you go in next year, if your doctor isn't offering this pill form automatically you might want to ask if there is any option for the more traditional prep since doctors sometimes will stick with the old tried and true solutins rather then switch to something new.

HempKat

Veteran
so why does nasa have to test the shields when going through the Van Allen belts when all they have to do is copy the shields and data from all the lunar moon flights of the past?…….hmmmmmm

Well for one thing we've learned a whole lot more about protecting from radiation since those missions back then. Also because if you look at the history we got real lucky on some of the things we did back then when we were more concerned about staying ahead of Russia then we were about making things absolutely safe.

oldmaninbc

One more thing, don’t talk about sticking stuff up your ass that doesn’t work well in a bar.
I went to a business starting seminar and there was a successful business man there. They had started a business producing spandex wear for sporting minded people. When they first started their business they would try and get there product noticed wherever they could. Prince George in BC is a northerly city, logging plays an important part of life there.
The business owner went into a bar there and approached some loggers in the bar washroom trying to sell their product.
His message when your selling something make sure you understand your target audience, going into a bar washroom and try selling spandex to a logger.:)

HempKat

Veteran
That could be. I have had 3 in the last 5 years due to health issues and it runs in my family. I actually did the prep 4 times and refused the procedure on the operating table since the doctor said the colonoscopy wouldn’t have anything to do with what my issue was(high pancreatic enzyme levels in my blood). I wasn’t told about the easier option. I will say the explosive diarrhea is easier to handle than drinking 8 ounces of what tastes like antifreeze(with lemon) every 15 minutes.
If what I heard is true it's only something they've offered for the past year, maybe less and usually these newer options take time to become adopted widespread.

HempKat

Veteran
I have asked them to go easy on the drugs do I could watch the video. I don’t handle sedatives well though and I go out like a light. In seconds.
The stuff I'm talking about is kind of wierd, at least to me it is. They gave me the same thing when I had my stent placed in my heart about a month ago They gave it to me about 20 minutes before they started and for that 20 minutes I remember being awake and seeing/hearing them getting things set up around me for the procedure and I felt like I was awake the whole time but I have no memory of them actually doing the procedure. I was laying there wondeering when they were going to start and then the doctor looks at me and says, "Okay, we're all done and everything went well" I knew they had done something though bcause I could see some of my blood on the front of his surgical gown.

Last edited:

HempKat

Veteran
I'm familiar with the sport of curling but wasn't sure. Thanks for the enlightenment!

And yet here I am here at IC Mag as Graywolf and both Nye and Johnson got paid.

Actually a group of friends picked one word to describe me in a parlor game we were playing and to my chagrin the word they chose was not hunky or smart, but "Curious."

I do admit to being curious at an early age.....................
Well to be fair curiosity is the point all good science minds start from, IMHO.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Well for one thing we've learned a whole lot more about protecting from radiation since those missions back then. Also because if you look at the history we got real lucky on some of the things we did back then when we were more concerned about staying ahead of Russia then we were about making things absolutely safe.

Nine human missions were launched to the moon between 1968 and 1972, with some people flying on more than one mission. As for moonwalkers, 12 American male astronauts walked on the moonbetween 1968 and 1972.

what more did we have to learn after nine successful moon missions with the humans to the moon and back and no radiation damage going through the van Alan belts?

sounds to me like they had the formula perfected to do it that many times and no radiation damage

why would we have to learn anything more after being that successful?

Once again, why don’t they just copy the data from those nine successful missions and go from there?

even to the film that they used to take all those pictures and movies

I wonder what they stored those film and did not get damaged by the radiation?

HempKat

Veteran
Like these…golden teachers. Homegrown by me. I do partake in these now and then…

14 grams? Wow
I can’t imagine…
View attachment 19057462
Yeah 14g's is quite the dose. On the West coast you can readily buy chocolate bars that they say contains a total of 5 g and they say if you eat the whole bar it's considered a heroic dose (heroic dose = tripping balls) So if that's true I can't imagine what eating 14g would be like. The most I ever ate at once was 2 g and that had me tripping pretty good and I'm a pretty big guy (6' 1" 285 lbs).

Last edited: