What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I’m thinking it would work fine.
I was just wondering because I'm thinking the liquidity of the rosin is from squeezing out the cannabinoids from the trichome gland heads, but when you're pressing into the pellet/rounds that is also breaking open those gland heads which is what holds the pellets/rounds together once you've compressed them. So I was wondering if that would actually work against that the rosin press is trying to accomplish?

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
I was just wondering because I'm thinking the liquidity of the rosin is from squeezing out the cannabinoids from the trichome gland heads, but when you're pressing into the pellet/rounds that is also breaking open those gland heads which is what holds the pellets/rounds together once you've compressed them. So I was wondering if that would actually work against that the rosin press is trying to accomplish?

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
That’s some scientific thinking right there. I would have to refer to GW 😳 he’s our bill nighy kinda guy.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
The compression works against you.
Loose and powdery is better for a few reasons when pressing kieff into full melt

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah getting rosin I'm sure is much more potent but with a big bowl of kief like you had I would prefer the hash rounds/pellets for their ease of use and storability. After I logged off right after I posted that I wondered how well a hash round/pellet would work in a rosen press vs just loose kief, any toughts?

I’m thinking it would work fine.
What SG said. You can press buds, kief, or hash to extract Rosin.
That’s some scientific thinking right there. I would have to refer to GW 😳 he’s our bill nighy kinda guy.
The correct heat will melt the terpenes, cannabinoids, and waxes, while the correct pressure will extrude them from the hash. The optimum heat and pressure may be different than for loose kief.

I've pressed Rosin from bud and Kief, but never from pressed hash. I would start by crumbling it up and spreading it out some first vis a vis pressing it as a solid pellet.

The resulting product will be a direct function of the product that you put in. Unless the Hash puck was recently formed, it would ostensibly have more oxidized cannabinoids, as well as less mono and sesquiterpenes than freshly harvested kief.

The reason that the terpenes in cannabis are highly aromatic is that their molecules are rapidly breaking free and floating about its surroundings, so their concentration diminishes fast as well.

Water, UV, heat, and oxygen all have their way with both, so storage before pressing is important.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I loved my water bed as a kid.
I never owned one but spent some memorable nights on waterbeds visiting close friends as a young bachelor and second that with our level of motivation, we found quickly found a technique that was actually enhanced by the wave motion.

I remember the black lights added another interesting dimension.

oldfogey8

Okay. Do they give you drugs for that? How bad is a colonoscopy? Have a good evening hempkat 👍
I had one about 6 months ago. The colonoscopy is easy. They give you an intravenous drug to knock you out. The bad part about the ass-scoping procedure is the preparation. They give you a gallon jug of what is essentially colon-blow(a laxative). You will be explosively voiding your bowels for a few hours. Stay close to the toilet. The liquid-poop will not allow you to walk very far before shooting out of Uranus. Good times…

oldfogey8

Ummmm, curling what?
Think of it like bocci balls on ice with a broom to create friction between the stone and ice to curve the trajectory of the stone.

HempKat

Veteran
I had one about 6 months ago. The colonoscopy is easy. They give you an intravenous drug to knock you out. The bad part about the ass-scoping procedure is the preparation. They give you a gallon jug of what is essentially colon-blow(a laxative). You will be explosively voiding your bowels for a few hours. Stay close to the toilet. The liquid-poop will not allow you to walk very far before shooting out of Uranus. Good times…
I've heard they now have an option where you just take a couple of capsules of this stuff and you get the same results. Mainly because people kept bitching about how hard it was to get thru the liquid prep.

HempKat

Veteran
What SG said. You can press buds, kief, or hash to extract Rosin.

The correct heat will melt the terpenes, cannabinoids, and waxes, while the correct pressure will extrude them from the hash. The optimum heat and pressure may be different than for loose kief.

I've pressed Rosin from bud and Kief, but never from pressed hash. I would start by crumbling it up and spreading it out some first vis a vis pressing it as a solid pellet.

The resulting product will be a direct function of the product that you put in. Unless the Hash puck was recently formed, it would ostensibly have more oxidized cannabinoids, as well as less mono and sesquiterpenes than freshly harvested kief.

The reason that the terpenes in cannabis are highly aromatic is that their molecules are rapidly breaking free and floating about its surroundings, so their concentration diminishes fast as well.

Water, UV, heat, and oxygen all have their way with both, so storage before pressing is important.
SG was right, you are the Bill Nye of the thread, then again that's why I said once that if this thread was Gilligan's Island you would be the professor. :biggrin:

HempKat

Veteran
Okay. Do they give you drugs for that? How bad is a colonoscopy? Have a good evening hempkat 👍
Well yes and no, they give you this stuff that puts you into a "teilight" state which is just shy of being compltely knocked out. They don't give you anything else though. It's not really so much painful as they just don't want people squirming around hile they do it. The worst part about afterwards is that most people end up with gas afterwards so as you come out of it in the recovery room you end up farting a lot. At least that's what 've heard (no pun intended) I didn't experience that particular problem when I had one done.

Latest posts

Latest posts