What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Just never know......
Look them up don't pass them by if they're edible.
Saute them in butter dab of worstershire steaks burgers whatever.

I found a clump of chicken in the woods actually quite a few on different people's property.
Neighbors got one over there I'm gonna pillage, haven't seen a one on my property.

People round these parts take shrooming like "sengin" ginseng very fin seriously.
Part of the gathering process for winter
I would be too afraid to try them without an expert

oldfogey8

Is that this ? >>>
  • Amanita Muscaria var. guessowii, found in North America, has a yellow or reddish-orange cap.
  • Young buttons are often completely covered in white warts.”
Yes but I am no mycologist. I have seen these once in my area under some pine trees but I wouldn’t chance eating them. As oldreynard said, mushrooms shut down your organs if you guess wrong.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Looks like a fly agaric I think.
I have some of them in a jar. They came from Colorado but again afraid to try them. You have to make a special tea with them a special way. They are poison and used in ceremonies
they are red tho like super Mario

IMG_0488.jpeg

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Think of it like bocci balls on ice with a broom to create friction between the stone and ice to curve the trajectory of the stone.
I'm familiar with the sport of curling but wasn't sure. Thanks for the enlightenment!
SG was right, you are the Bill Nye of the thread, then again that's why I said once that if this thread was Gilligan's Island you would be the professor. :biggrin:
And yet here I am here at IC Mag as Graywolf and both Nye and Johnson got paid.

Actually a group of friends picked one word to describe me in a parlor game we were playing and to my chagrin the word they chose was not hunky or smart, but "Curious."

I do admit to being curious at an early age.....................

Attachments

• Early scientific investigation.jpg
    Early scientific investigation.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 11
  • Investigating elecrical socket.jpg
    Investigating elecrical socket.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 9

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hope that that is the way it’s done now. A couple of capsules is a whole lot better than drinking that crap. I have a colonoscopy scheduled for next year every 10 years. This will be my last if there’s no problems.
By the gallon here.......................
Looks like a fly agaric I think.

Is that this ? >>>
  • Amanita Muscaria var. guessowii, found in North America, has a yellow or reddish-orange cap.
  • Young buttons are often completely covered in white warts.”

I have some of them in a jar. They came from Colorado but again afraid to try them. You have to make a special tea with them a special way. They are poison and used in ceremonies

View attachment 19057456
Both Amanita Muscaria and Pantherina produce similar caps. The active ingredients are Ibotenic Acid, Muscimol, and Muscarine.

oldfogey8

View attachment 19057456
I have seen videos(I think it was on Vice) where they have a theory that Santa Claus was based on the appearance of Aminita Muscaria. The video also said the reindeer part gone from the fact that shaman would somehow harvest the urine of reindeer the tribe had seen eating the mushrooms because the digestion removes the poison and passes thru the hallucinogens. I can’t imagine how someone figured that out.

OleReynard

I have seen videos(I think it was on Vice) where they have a theory that Santa Claus was based on the appearance of Aminita Muscaria. The video also said the reindeer part gone from the fact that shaman would somehow harvest the urine of reindeer the tribe had seen eating the mushrooms because the digestion removes the poison and passes thru the hallucinogens. I can’t imagine how someone figured that out.
Trial and error I imagine if one died they all looked each other and said "nope"

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Like these…golden teachers. Homegrown by me. I do partake in these now and then…

14 grams? Wow
I can’t imagine…
View attachment 19057462
SkyHighler posted a copy of The Psychedelic Guide to Preparation of the Eucharist on this forum, which goes into preparing the different psychedelics.

oldfogey8

I recommend it you can have psychological benefits provided you’re in a stable state of mind. Last time I did it. I spent a good chunk of the afternoon, staring into one of my guppy tanks. Let me tell you it was enthralling.
I tried a couple of grams last summer. I wound up in the woods with my dog surrounded by my resident wild turkey flock(they were there as my wife was amazed that they surrounded us and she was not tripping).

Latest posts

Latest posts