What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
ive got seraquel and usually it knocks me out but not lately.maybe ill get some advil pm.
They make the PM without the Advil. Advil may not be good for your liver if you don’t have pain best not to take it

maybe change up your day too. Set your alarm for 2:00pm and when it goes off, go outside and take a walk or do something good for your mind and body even if you don’t feel like it to change the way your body reacts to your day.

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Fock amlodipine, makes my legs swell,, just my legs.☝️
Ah - JUST your legs 🦵 - OK - well I did the Amlodipine for a year - then they changed me up to Ramipril - because it was making my ankles swell - I was undergoing surgery around that time - but the docs thought it was good to make the change 😀 - so I went with their advice - and no more swollen ankles - which is nice -

shithawk420

Veteran
They make the PM without the Advil. Advil may not be good for your liver if you don’t have pain best not to take it

maybe change up your day too. Set your alarm for 2:00pm and when it goes off, go outside and take a walk or do something good for your mind and body even if you don’t feel like it to change the way your body reacts to your day.
huh.ill see if i can find that.dont know if my dollar tree has that. they got the advil pm. its the closest store by me.not sure what today will bring. i feel a little better since i took that PB medicine

shithawk420

Veteran
Ah - JUST your legs 🦵 - OK - well I did the Amlodipine for a year - then they changed me up to Ramipril - because it was making my ankles swell - I was undergoing surgery around that time - but the docs thought it was good to make the change 😀 - so I went with their advice - and no more swollen ankles - which is nice -
i was taking lisinopril but because of medicine switch they put me on Amlodipine. guess ill have to watch out for swollen ankles then

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
its not though. watch the vid. its a phsyical addiction like heroin. watch the vid. you gonna just tell a heroin addict to quit? if you have never been an alcoholic you just dont understand.ive been an alcoholic since i was 16.ive tried to quit. i need more than just willpower. listen to Dick. and i never said it wasnt my fault
What you need is the decision to quit. Once you've made it, the rest is fortitude to not violate that decision.

I'm living proof that it is that simple, albeit not easy. I drank daily before making that decision and quit cold turkey for six years, after which I've limited myself to two drinks a day, but typically limit it to a beer per year on my birthday.

One of the best books that I found on the subject is Adult Children of Alcoholics, which outlines the litany of associated issues. I notice here 26 years later that it is now a best seller and recommend that you read it.

I tried posting an Amazon link, but it doesn't work, so check Amazon books for it.

As far as will power, may I suggest that you do two things? The first is to exercise the major muscles in your body.

The second is learn to meditate. Drinking thoughts begin fleeting and then continue to build as you dwell on them, until you relent just this one time to relieve the pressure some.

When you meditate, you notice those quick little thoughts when they start and can simply acknowledge them for what they are,, dismiss them, and then go back to meditating. "Oh, I'm having drinking thoughts but I'm dismissing them and returning to my meditating."

That makes it easier to dismiss them and returning your attention to being here now when you're not meditating.

Last edited:

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
how about drinking some coffee…it helps calm me down

IMG_2251.jpeg

shithawk420

Veteran
Dudes just looking for any excuse to not take responsibility.
It is a cowards way out and I won't waste any more time on it.
yeah well you didnt watch the vid or your saying Dick van dyke is wrong. you dont know me or my thoughts. did i say i didnt want to quit drinking? now your just putting words in my mouth. i had adults pouring jack daniels down my throat when i was 13. you dont know as much about alcolhism as much as you think you know so stop being a fucking dick.if i didnt want help i wouldnt be in this thread. im outta here then fucking prick

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
yeah well you didnt watch the vid or your saying Dick van dyke is wrong. you dont know me or my thoughts. did i say i didnt want to quit drinking? now your just putting words in my mouth. i had adults pouring jack daniels down my throat when i was 13. you dont know as much about alcolhism as much as you think you know so stop being a fucking dick.if i didnt want help i wouldnt be in this thread. im outta here then fucking prick
I drink every day…..have all my life but like marijuana moderation is the key. Sorry you are having a difficult time controlling your addiction. Knowing you have a problem is the first step.

Last edited:

jokerman

Premium user
i know. im trying. its hard. i hope you guys dont mind but i had to save this plus its good to see dick van dyke anyway. he explains severe alcoholism very well and what im going through.its a good watch.just saw this yesterday

I dont drink.
Friends of mine owned a rest/bar for 15 years.
I kept things going .Many times I would be sitting at the bar with a plate of food.
Many times,with everyone wanting to buy me a drink.
They all knew I just drank water with a splash of Coca cola in for taste.
They were my friends and treated each other as such.
Whist sittin at the bar ,many would come to me ,stewed ,yaking.
In my mind I would think if all they did was quit drinking 80% of their problems would be over with ,
Im smart and I think that way.
Till ,I talk to the other guy in my head,
That guy said ,hey you "Gordo Bastardo" ( Fat bastard )
If you watched what you eat ( then) didnt smoke ,pot ,cigarettes ,cigars,snort anything,and kept your debauchery to a respectical limit would help you.
BP ,joint abuse ,A1c, respiratory ,blood flow,balance, and blood flow😊problems would be reduced.
Food ,smoke ,nefarious living and acting like a chooch is my devil.
My friends just had different devils,not to me ,but them .❤️

Last edited:

jokerman

Premium user
its not though. watch the vid. its a phsyical addiction like heroin. watch the vid. you gonna just tell a heroin addict to quit? if you have never been an alcoholic you just dont understand.ive been an alcoholic since i was 16.ive tried to quit. i need more than just willpower. listen to Dick. and i never said it wasnt my fault
I know a little ,my Honeys son is a drinker.
Honestly I had no use for the kid 41
But the gal next door a Physc nurse splained its not just quit when you're at that stage.
You could die getting the DTs
I quit cigarettes which was a battle but I never got sick from it.
quitting drinking if your deep into drinking requires help

jokerman

Premium user
i was taking lisinopril but because of medicine switch they put me on Amlodipine. guess ill have to watch out for swollen ankles then
I know you have been on Icymag for a while ,
Im somewhat new with my only experience being in one other group.
Coming from there I felt if we had medical histories and lists of members meds ,we as a group can advise you on health concerns.
We have gotten much better in our diagnosing and pretty soon we will be coming up to being right half of the time. We abide by HIPPA rules ,have almost 24 hr diagnoses, mental health .
We also have certified crossing guards.

Dime

yeah just to quit drinking. that was it. takes me at least a month just to get an appointment too. thats the only reason i might go to the ER. cause i dont want to wait a whole month at least
Just quit drinking completely,i quit one day,it was the easiest thing I've ever done,now I can't even stand the smell of it.My life didn't start till I quit. It may be easier than you think.Good luck.

Latest posts

Latest posts