What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldmaninbc

with the amount of doctors poking me I don't know if my old bones will make it thru this bullshit...
Tenacity will help and I believe you have some of that in your nature:) You have the love of your furry friends and your love for them, I doubt that will end without a fight from you. Chin up old man you got things to do, many things. You can't punch your ticket yet. Besides, who is going to remind us, that we can't forget the importance of snacks.:)

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
pusshi.png

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Have gun, will travel.
Want black powder rifle or even older like some medieval cannon thing. My uncle is big on guns and reloading shells with a press and all that. He's into blacksmith stuff too. He taught me how to shoot before I was taught to shoot in the US Coast guard. He got me interested in the nra. He has some great guns. I got to shoot his S & W .50 revolver. I almost hit a bowling pin...

oldmaninbc

Well then you will like The Long Riders.
Oh, for sure, there was many good actors in the movie Long Riders

The Young Guns, Clint Eastwood dusters, John Wayne, it's been awhile since I have seen a good western.
When I was a little boy, my grandparents would come to town on a Saturday for shopping and a beer. They would give me money and I would walk around town to the three different theaters and pick one, hell, I was only 5-6, I remember seeing the River of No Return.

oldmaninbc

Want black powder rifle or even older like some medieval cannon thing. My uncle is big on guns and reloading shells with a press and all that. He's into blacksmith stuff too. He taught me how to shoot before I was taught to shoot in the US Coast guard. He got me interested in the nra. He has some great guns. I got to shoot his S & W .50 revolver. I almost hit a bowling pin...
My gramps tried to teach me to shoot, he shot his toe off, climbing over a fence.
When old enough I took the proper courses.

Hell yeah, everyone should have a cannon, including one of those small deck cannons.

Unca Walt

420club
with the amount of doctors poking me I don't know if my old bones will make it thru this bullshit...
With all the griping going on, I might as well contribute. I was using my new chainsaw to cut down a huge Floriduh holly that was leaning all the way across my swale and into the road.

The damn thing was leaning at a 45deg angle, so I figured I would just cut the exposed part and it would fall the rest of the way, no prob.

WRONG.

Turns out the fargin tree comprised four interwoven 5"-6" boles. I could not see the fourth one, and did not realize it was there (sooper heavy brush). Anyway, instead of falling the rest of the way, the whole fandangle twisted toward me, locking the bar of my chainsaw between the last two inches of uncut hardwood.

Could not budge to chainsaw. The Florida holly was about 30' high and 30' wide laying across the swale and into the road. I went to grab the best angle on the tree to move it to release the saw, pulling with everything I had. Then ran around to pull on the saw.

ALMOST..............................................................................................got the bar out.

Pulled, yanked, gave everything about five more times... and noticed my heartbeat was fucked. In Afib. Had difficulty in getting back to the house.

Herself got her baby boy (he's 60) on the phone. Scooter told me to put my tongue to the roof of my mouth and push as hard as I could with it while straining like I was pushing out a big dump.

This, apparently, can ease Afib. So that is what I have been doing. I am still as weak as a liberal's conscience, though.

The chainsaw sits out there, still stuck.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you get a flintlock or matchlock, you don't need primers. You can make your own bullets and black powder.

Littleleaf

Veteran
With all the griping going on, I might as well contribute. I was using my new chainsaw to cut down a huge Floriduh holly that was leaning all the way across my swale and into the road.

The damn thing was leaning at a 45deg angle, so I figured I would just cut the exposed part and it would fall the rest of the way, no prob.

WRONG.

Turns out the fargin tree comprised four interwoven 5"-6" boles. I could not see the fourth one, and did not realize it was there (sooper heavy brush). Anyway, instead of falling the rest of the way, the whole fandangle twisted toward me, locking the bar of my chainsaw between the last two inches of uncut hardwood.

Could not budge to chainsaw. The Florida holly was about 30' high and 30' wide laying across the swale and into the road. I went to grab the best angle on the tree to move it to release the saw, pulling with everything I had. Then ran around to pull on the saw.

ALMOST..............................................................................................got the bar out.

Pulled, yanked, gave everything about five more times... and noticed my heartbeat was fucked. In Afib. Had difficulty in getting back to the house.

Herself got her baby boy (he's 60) on the phone. Scooter told me to put my tongue to the roof of my mouth and push as hard as I could with it while straining like I was pushing out a big dump.

This, apparently, can ease Afib. So that is what I have been doing. I am still as weak as a liberal's conscience, though.

Got some kind of wedge? Or make one from a 2x4. drive it in gap to spread it enough to get saw out....

oldmaninbc

WRONG.

We can't have the elder of the group not reporting in, in other words, take it easy on yourself.
Would a wedge help you get out your tree?

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran

WRONG.

and here you are ragging on me...be careful walt...you ain't made of steel...I thought I was until the last 2 years...

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Oh, for sure, there was many good actors in the movie Long Riders

The Young Guns, Clint Eastwood dusters, John Wayne, it's been awhile since I have seen a good western.
When I was a little boy, my grandparents would come to town on a Saturday for shopping and a beer. They would give me money and I would walk around town to the three different theaters and pick one, hell, I was only 5-6, I remember seeing the River of No Return.
We have a channel that’s all westerns all the time 24/7. We find ourselves watching it when regular tv is over the top.

Unca Walt

420club
We can't have the elder of the group not reporting in, in other words, take it easy on yourself.
Would a wedge help you get out your tree?
No. I even have a slam wedge (called an Anaconda). That ain't the problem. Access to the actual cut is freakin' impossible** It is just that I do not have a car with a trailer hitch or any place to tie a rope (Camry) to just pull the fargin tree a foot or two to the left.
** Florida jungle style

Then I could just pick it up. But Herself put her dainty foot down (*pause while I push and bellygrunt*) and has forbidden me to even look at the fargin thing.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club

WRONG.

You take care of yourself Walt. You know better than to be getting all worked up out there. Has your heartbeat slowed down?

Latest posts

Latest posts