What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

jokerman

Premium user
Good morning brothers and sisters! View attachment 19050576 View attachment 19050577

A mostly clear day starting at 57F and predicted to reach 78F.

Alas, the instructions for programming a Ford smart key were not written for their Focus EV, so I was unable to program the new fob. I just got notice that the programmer for the Jeep fobs just shipped.

After looking more closely, I also decided to hire someone to pressure wash the roof and then treat it for moss. The roofs are a steep 60 degree angle, 2 stories tall, our 26' ladder is clumsy, heavy, and awkward for me to handle, plus at 80+ years old I don't bounce as well as I once did

Off to the gym this morning first thing and then a search for an automotive locksmith and a roof cleaning contractor.
:A man who is of 80 years old should only be climbing into bed": concerned citizen

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
Agreed, the one priority that keeps that car sitting where it is is me getting that office sold. I’ve got my loader over there and my 30 yard dumpster… i’m going to the gym in about a half hour so today’s kind of spoken for. Tomorrow I’m getting seriously involved in cleaning the place up. This guy was an event planner and coordinator and he left all kinds of nice party gear which I have any use for for… I don’t know how I’m going to do it but I have to remove the north side of a 4 foot diameter oak I planted 40 years ago. The well rig is going to take 35 foot of clearance so it’s got to be taken down before he shows up or I have to pay some serious fees… every damn tenant that’s been in that building has left a mess for me to clean up.. The days of renting property from me has passed. I’ll pay my capital gains tax and walk away the whole lot more than I thought I’d ever get for that building.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Agreed, the one priority that keeps that car sitting where it is is me getting that office sold. I’ve got my loader over there and my 30 yard dumpster… i’m going to the gym in about a half hour so today’s kind of spoken for. Tomorrow I’m getting seriously involved in cleaning the place up. This guy was an event planner and coordinator and he left all kinds of nice party gear which I have any use for for… I don’t know how I’m going to do it but I have to remove the north side of a 4 foot diameter oak I planted 40 years ago. The well rig is going to take 35 foot of clearance so it’s got to be taken down before he shows up or I have to pay some serious fees… every damn tenant that’s been in that building has left a mess for me to clean up.. The days of renting property from me has passed. I’ll pay my capital gains tax and walk away the whole lot more than I thought I’d ever get for that building.
Any possibility you can sell the oak tree to a lumber company?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think if Boo lived in a place that got cold and firewood was in demand it would help.
Me thinks a oak with a 4 foot base would be tough for a sawmill
Wish i lived close ,I got 2 sawzalls and 2 multtools and would bring lunch .
Think of the oak furniture or flooring you could get from a 4' trunk.

It could also be slabbed on site using a clamp on portable sawmill where the bandsaw travels on a carriage rather than the log.

In my twenties, I cut up a large grove of scrub oak that had been pushed over by a bulldozer for a housing development and split it into firewood using a chainsaw, a wedge, and a sledgehammer. Today with air quality restrictions, we don't even use our fireplace.

jokerman

Premium user
Think of the oak furniture or flooring you could get from a 4' trunk.

It could also be slabbed on site using a clamp on portable sawmill where the bandsaw travels on a carriage rather than the log.

In my twenties, I cut up a large grove of scrub oak that had been pushed over by a bulldozer for a housing development and split it into firewood using a chainsaw, a wedge, and a sledgehammer. Today with air quality restrictions, we don't even use our fireplace.
Im available toward the end of August😊

jokerman

Premium user
I see a postal package but it was too blurry for me to scan it and see what’s inside 😂🤣 or even who it’s to nd from 🤪
😊
That pkg has been a 7 month project sitting on my couch.
It would be a 8 month project but I just got the word from my Commander if that box does not come off the couch soon She would hand deliver it
I called it the procrastination project.
Thats all I am able to say at the moment ☝️

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
This video popped up in my YouTube feed and I thought it was an interesting video, the kind that a bunch of old stoners like ourselves might find interesting and/or thought provoking. It's not too bad in length just about 12 minutes long and it gives an interesting take on humanity with some surprising facts and figures to put it into the right perspective. Worth the time to view, IMHO.