What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

cola

Good Morning All (OF's):

Wishing each and every one of you, a pleasant morning, wonderful day, and outstanding evening.
I am currently pretty tied up with projects and work, so wanted to start with a daily check in hello.
Today's Monday: "Can't Trust That Day". And the work week begins. One day closer to a weekend!

See you all tomorrow (again)! (y):)

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

A mostly clear day starting at 57F and predicted to reach 78F.

Alas, the instructions for programming a Ford smart key were not written for their Focus EV, so I was unable to program the new fob. I just got notice that the programmer for the Jeep fobs just shipped.

After looking more closely, I also decided to hire someone to pressure wash the roof and then treat it for moss. The roofs are a steep 60 degree angle, 2 stories tall, our 26' ladder is clumsy, heavy, and awkward for me to handle, plus at 80+ years old I don't bounce as well as I once did

Off to the gym this morning first thing and then a search for an automotive locksmith and a roof cleaning contractor.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had a rude awakening after unpacking my RWS tournament air rifle from attic storage for the last 26 years and trying to shoot it. The piston cup appears to be dried up so that it isn't building air pressure. Looks like a complete disassembly and cleaning, with piston cup replacement is in order.

Unca Walt

420club
As most of you folks know, I’ve got quite the pension for muscle cars. I bought a 61 Impala bubble top three years ago I have been assembling parts to build my last build… being at this is a 409 car. I took a 409 block and expanded at the 477 in.³. I contacted an individual. I know that makes custom headers three years ago and look what showed up on my doorstep the other day… headers made the proper way with the proper size tubing is close to impossible to find… I even have a cut out so I can flip the flaps on that 3 inch side collector and blow flames… I hope I have enough ass left in this life to build this last car… View attachment 19050403
Well, hell, @Boo -- If ya gotta pick a way to go, building that fargin monster (and driving it at least once like you stole it) that's about the best way I could come up with.

You have friends, my brother.

Unca Walt

420club
Well, then, I’m glad I have good company. I’ve gone back to bed twice since I got up this morning, all was right about naps. They do make a difference if you can do one.
In 12 hours without a nap you can build 50 yadas. With a nap in the same 12 hours, you can build 60 yadas and not be quite so beat up.

PS: You WILL still be beat up <-- Get bloody used to that. But also, you will still be able to build 60 yadas for the same beat-up level.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As most of you folks know, I’ve got quite the pension for muscle cars. I bought a 61 Impala bubble top three years ago I have been assembling parts to build my last build… being at this is a 409 car. I took a 409 block and expanded at the 477 in.³. I contacted an individual. I know that makes custom headers three years ago and look what showed up on my doorstep the other day… headers made the proper way with the proper size tubing is close to impossible to find… I even have a cut out so I can flip the flaps on that 3 inch side collector and blow flames… I hope I have enough ass left in this life to build this last car… View attachment 19050403
How much work is left besides fitting the exhaust system?