What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldmaninbc

Good morning Old Man!

I collected the photos off the internet over the years.

Ummmmm, what kind of therapy? Which of this thread's doctors, fathers of doctors, therapists, fathers and grandfathers of therapists, and EMT's or their roommates are already sitting in?

I personally had to pass Red Cross First Aid to get my Senior Lifesaving and Water Safety Aid rating, so I could be a Lifeguard, if that helps.

We have gone to the Oregon Country Fair and Grayfox goes to the annual Shakespearian Festival, but not lately because of limitations on walking due to my lower back. We have also gone to the annual Waterfront Blues Festival.
The Waterfront Blues Festival sounds good.

oldmaninbc

Well - the joint birthdays 🎂 of my sister Wendy and her new husband Alan went well - out in their lovely bungalow in West Sussex - an area full of country roads and lanes - all in this very green and pleasant land - the weather was perfect too with the heat peaking at 75F/25C - a light breeze - and it cooled off nicely as the evening wore on - we stayed the night 🌙 - my son camping out in a tent in the garden - and me and the Mrs crashing around 10pm with Loki - in the guest room - my daughter on the couch 🛋 - and I slept till 4am - got up same time as Wendy my sis - whereupon we both waked and baked in her stoner shed - tucked away in the back of the garden -

- Loki the mutt pup loved it - because there were 4 other dogs 🐕 there - chasing and playing around in the beautiful garden that surrounded the house - plenty to eat and drink - I even had one glass of Proseco (Italian Sparkling Wine) - and ate burgers and sausages with my wife's potato salad - many desserts 🍨 were there too - apple pie with cream and fruit cake and brownies too - amongst many other foods and sweets 😋

It was real nice to catch up with several relatives - and old friends of the family - that I hadn't seen for ages - my Aunty Elaine was there too - she's 88 years old now - but still in good shape - she went to school with my Mum - who passed in 2009 - and we talked for a while about her - both of us missing her dearly still after all these years -

Came home on the train from Pulborough to Clapham Junction - then changed trains for Surbiton - Loki slept soundly in my lap for most all of the journey - and didn't have a 'Whoopsie' on the train or the platforms - GOOD BOY!

View attachment 19050307
Sounds like it was an enjoyable outing, socializing, the weather cooperating and travel all fell into place. It's nice to connect with family and friends when possible. Very good!

Loki is looking handsome as ever.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Is that a pillow stuffed under that expensive shirt, or what? If you are walking with any resolve six miles should whittle that away in a few months time. Right? Maybe quicken the pace. I can only surmise that your diet is really leaving something to be desired. Speaking of health, how are you doing with your various medical appointments? Have you scheduled any of them, and are you following through? You should start making and checking off a weekly to do list so that you cannot just ignore or intentionally forget what you need and should be doing. Make a checklist. Then check off your tasks. Below it make reminders for the appointments you have. Your health should be Priority #1.
Hey cola👍
Working on the various appointments. My diet is horrible

Unca Walt

420club
I just picked 3 maters and a mess of green beans. I already have a mess of green beans in the frig. Yesterday I delivered 3 care packages to the neighbors.....gotta find somebody to take these green beans.....I simply can't eat that many veggies.......
@Putembk -- Sumpin' we useta do as kids: It was our job to sit down with an needle and a spool of thread and a basket of pole beans/string beans.

You poked the needle through the bean in the flat middle, then strung the next bean, and so on for a coupla hunnert. You take the strings of string beans and hang them in the attic. They dangle betwixt the rafters on the threads.

This ain't comedy. <-- Thought I'd better put a TINS in at this point. :unsure:;)

Becuz you can leave them in the attic on the thread, hanging, for months. This was how we got string beans in the winter without refrigination. Just slide them offa the string, cook 'em up, and enjoy your winter string beans.

So don't give them away; anticipate the delicious nuttiness of attic stringbeans.

A blast from the 1940's past...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts