What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Very interesting read - in the above posts - on end of life decisions 🤔 - personally I haven't really thought much on the subject before - but maybe I should now - and make some sort of will - since I might be lucky to get another 15 years or so of life - such a short time really -

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
There is a huge difference between a living well and a living trust. You’re smart enough to know how to do the research and I’m certain that you will understand what I’m saying… A standard will nowadays cost about $1000 and it’s a couple pages of script. I paid the same for about 2 inches of paperwork in my binder for my living trust. I can change anything I want by a stroke of a pen.
My attorney told me to go with a living will. Much lower maintenance. As I understand it with a trust there is no cap on a house where there is with a will. So if you own a multi million dollar home the trust is better. However my house in NOT a multi million dollar home.

With a will and something changes you don't have to do the stroke of a pen with a trust as you say Boo you do. Pay on death is the most important. Personal Id and death certificate is all you need to access and own any account.

I spent about the same $1,000 getting this all set up.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Probably all paranoid after injecting the devil's lettuce into their private parts!

Pesky kids.

:whee:

They all say hello in our little village here, even the kids. It's some of the older ones who look me up and down and will blatantly turn away so as not to acknowledge me.

I have been told, they don't like hippies round these parts. I wonder if that's the reason.? Maybe I smell?

I;m having a bad day. I broke my toy truck. :biglaugh: Lasted longer than it should have according to the wife. Dagnabbit.
That must be it.....I don't look like a hippie.....anymore. O'l farts like me....if they only knew.....ha ha.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Very interesting read - in the above posts - on end of life decisions 🤔 - personally I haven't really thought much on the subject before - but maybe I should now - and make some sort of will - since I might be lucky to get another 15 years or so of life - such a short time really -
Yup, after 60 every day above ground is a good day.....we are all walking time bombs. Any of us could have a heart attack or a stroke at any second.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Dude, have you ever been to Belgium and seen these??

super-cow.jpg

I wanted one for the spare bedroom, but the wife called me an idiot and told me no. I think it'd really tie the room together.
I have been to Belgium on many occasions - but usually only when I was commuting to - and back from my now long closed shop in Amsterdam - from London - and all I saw was a motorway that I was often travelling at speeds of up to 155mph in my old Jaguar - so Belgium would flash by and I would enter from France and exit into Holland - within an hour or so - but I have seen pics of those Belgian bulls before - and they look like they've been juicing (taking steroids) -

BumSplodgeBrownPants

That must be it.....I don't look like a hippie.....anymore. O'l farts like me....if they only knew.....ha ha.

Pute, I think there's good reason why they don't like hippies in this village, this happened a few villages over...

There have also been a few UFO / alien sightings in the surrounding villages too. One even crashed in the next village apparently. There's a documentary about it.

Unca Walt

420club
Thinking you might be a bit over your limit Wallt.

View attachment 19047102
Absolutely not. TINS. There was no limit on hogs and grouper (except for size with the groupers). And you are lookin' at 24 bugs which is under the limit in the Tortugas.

You cannot go over limit on a fargin party boat. The boat guys will not allow it. We never broke a limit in 50 years of diving.

cola

You might want to check, Gypsy, if there is a spousal transfer form for your house or property. Here in the US, in some states, there are forms whereby your spouse will automatically become the sole owner of your house, upon your passing. It is typically recorded. You might want to check into said form for your place and property in the Philippines. She might know. Also, if you have bank accounts, you may want to list her as a beneficiary, if she is not already a joint account holder. Again, upon your passing, she would automatically become the sole account owner.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
You might want to check, Gypsy, if there is a spousal transfer form for your house or property. Here in the US, in some states, there are forms whereby your spouse will automatically become the sole owner of your house, upon your passing. It is typically recorded. Might want to check into said form for your place and property in the Philippines. She might know. Also, if you have bank accounts you may want to list her as a beneficiary, if she is not already a joint account holder. Again, upon your passing, she would automatically become the sole owner of said account.
Yeah - makes sense - I'd be very surprised if my wife snuffed it before me - since she is 23 years younger than I - and wouldn't want her to have any problems over whatever assets I might have left - when I shuffle off this mortal coil -

cola

Yeah - makes sense - I'd be very surprised if my wife snuffed it before me - since she is 23 years younger than I - and wouldn't want her to have any problems over whatever assets I might have left - when I shuffle off this mortal coil -
By doing so, as you may likely be aware, you avoid probate (court). They are typically not overly efficient, and the process can get messy, if everything isn't stated crystal clear. I always suggest people avoid probate if at all possible.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Absolutely not. TINS. There was no limit on hogs and grouper (except for size with the groupers). And you are lookin' at 24 bugs which is under the limit in the Tortugas.

You cannot go over limit on a fargin party boat. The boat guys will not allow it. We never broke a limit in 50 years of diving.
One fish is over my limit.....now those lobsters.....send them my way....me loves sea spiders.....that is what my son in law calls crabs. lobsters.....I love anything that crawls on the bottom.....would kill for a king crab.

jokerman

Premium user
With the normal or nearly normal part?

Not trying to cause any problems🙈🙉🙊but would you please make clear your in statement...
is Pute normal or near normal.

The papers are at the lawyers office please go in and sign your witness statement agreement forms. Take a variety of fruit pies into the office with you as pies will encourage the staff to favor your statement over those who brought in liver and onions. You will have to cross the border to the BC Law Office of Oldman & Oldman.
We are all like minded ,some are better lookin than others😊

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
My attorney told me to go with a living will. Much lower maintenance. As I understand it with a trust there is no cap on a house where there is with a will. So if you own a multi million dollar home the trust is better. However my house in NOT a multi million dollar home.

With a will and something changes you don't have to do the stroke of a pen with a trust as you say Boo you do. Pay on death is the most important. Personal Id and death certificate is all you need to access and own any account.

I spent about the same $1,000 getting this all set up.
with the shortages in housing in my town makes my home worth more than I feel is worth...yeah, the value has quadruple in price from when I built it...taxes suck but I ain't leaving

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
with the shortages in housing in my town makes my home worth more than I feel is worth...yeah, the value has quadruple in price from when I built it...taxes suck but I ain't leaving
My house is the same.....paid $260,000 for it 30 years ago....worth well over seven figures today. What's even better....we don't pay capitol gains on our primary residence.

cola

Welp. Here is what the IRS says regarding capital gains on your primary residence:

"If you have a capital gain from the sale of your main home, you may qualify to exclude up to $250,000 of that gain from your income, or up to $500,000 of that gain if you file a joint return with your spouse. Publication 523, Selling Your Home provides rules and worksheets. Topic no. 409 covers general capital gain and loss information."