What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

cola

I don’t like the fish by myself anymore. Used to do it all the time. My balance is not as good as it once was walking a slippery river bed not the best thing to do at my age. Plus I missed the camaraderie. Where did they all go?
When I was years younger, I had a dear friend in our congregation, who one day spoke to me about loss. He told me that getting old itself was not so bad. That for him the loss of friends, due to them passing on, was very impactful and detrimental for him. Now that I am older, I understand. The loss of dear friends, indeed losing most, if not all, of your friends, carries serious effects. I have three dear friends that I still closely nurture. Reports say, and I do believe, that it is very important to maintain those relationships at almost all cost. And, if you are down to zero out of family friends, to try and find a way, to find, and nurture another. Prescient words I have heard spoken, and do truly believe.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I wouldn't say you were ranting and while I don't really get into fishing of any kind I feel Like I understood the bulk of what you were saying. The only thing I would say I didn't really understand was the part about how the fishing you enjoy makes you a fishing snob. Like you said though, that's mainly because I would have to do what you do to fully understand.
I am a snob because I only like fishing with like minded people. Just like here. I like hanging with like minded people.

A bait fisherman or even a spin fishermen dislikes the purest fly fisherman because they want to fish our water because the fish are much bigger, smarter and more fun to catch. There is something like 130 miles of restricted catch and release water in this state. Over 1,000 miles of harvest water. But they are pissed because they want on our waters.

What they don't seem to understand is the reason the fish are bigger is simply because we put em bk. If we didn't there would be few if any big fish.

So, I am labeled a snob.....ask me if I care.....ha ha.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Yep, my MOST papers have to be gone over by my doctor and signed. They do their best to stay out of your choices, unless you ask them something. When I needed statistics on the outcomes of heat attacks and strokes she could give me the % numbers I needed to know. MOST has nothing to do with wills, it is strictly medical in nature. I don't want to suffer at the end of my life or hooked up to equipment that would keep me alive. I have and I am suffering already, I won't give up easily but on the other hand I won't suffer needlessly.

Each to their own.
A living will is strictly medical in nature, it only covers what you will allow medically or not. It has nothing to do with the will that covers how you want your assets distributed. Really it's relatively recently that they started calling them that I'm not sure of the reason for the change in terminology. My guess would be just to make it clear that whatever it says was decided by just the person it applies to, but that's just a guess

Last edited:

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
When I was years younger, I had a dear friend in our congregation, who one day spoke to me about loss. He told me that getting old itself was not so bad. That for him the loss of friends, due to them passing on, was very impactful and detrimental for him. Now that I am older, I understand. The loss of dear friends, indeed losing most, if not all, of your friends, carries serious effects. I have three dear friends that I still closely nurture. Reports say, and I do believe, that it is very important to maintain those relationships at almost all cost. And, if you are down to zero out of family friends, to try and find a way, to find, and nurture another. Prescient words I have heard spoken, and do truly believe.
That is exactly why I am here. We are a group of mostly like minded people. If it wasn't for politics we would have a bigger circle of friends on here. I don't get out much so this is the place I make friends.

When I am on my daily walks and pass somebody walking the other way I always look them in the eye......if they make eye contact I ALWAYS speak to them. Wonder why so many young folks today won't look you in the eye.......

HempKat

Veteran
I am a snob because I only like fishing with like minded people. Just like here. I like hanging with like minded people.

A bait fisherman or even a spin fishermen dislikes the purest fly fisherman because they want to fish our water because the fish are much bigger, smarter and more fun to catch. There is something like 130 miles of restricted catch and release water in this state. Over 1,000 miles of harvest water. But they are pissed because they want on our waters.

What they don't seem to understand is the reason the fish are bigger is simply because we put em bk. If we didn't there would be few if any big fish.

Okay I get it now, I didn't realize catch and release was a mandated thing with restricted areas, i thought it was just a matter of choice and the only restriction was if on has a fishing license or not. Like I saaid, I don't really get into fishing of any kind so I would have no reason to know such things unless someone told me. Also just to be clear, my lack of interest in fishing is simply just because I don't find it particularly enjoyable, so i don't do it. If someone else enjoys it then great, they can fish all they want as far as i'm concerned just so long that it doesn't go to waste. The world's food sources are getting too small to tolerate fishing where the fish gets thrown away after it's caught.

cola

That is exactly why I am here. We are a group of mostly like minded people. If it wasn't for politics we would have a bigger circle of friends on here. I don't get out much so this is the place I make friends.

When I am on my daily walks and pass somebody walking the other way I always look them in the eye......if they make eye contact I ALWAYS speak to them. Wonder why so many young folks today won't look you in the eye.......
From what I have read, and seen, and talked about with knowledgeable people, It is extremely important, to have real and regular physical contact (meaning a real physical person, not touching necessarily), with a true friend. For some reason, I have heard and read, this is especially important for males. I would bet it is similar for females too.

oldfogey8

IMG_3893.jpeg

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
A living will is strictly medical in nature, it only covers what you will allow medically or not. It has nothing to do with the will that covers how you want your assets distributed. Really it's relatively recently that they started calling them that I'm not sure of the reason for the change in terminology. My guess would be just to make it clear that whatever it says was decided by just the person it applies to, but that's just a guess
About a year ago, I looked at all the instruments that were available to me to convey my medical wishes and my asset allocation. I had an attorney spend quite a bit of time crafting my living trust. I can change my mind and directive of the trust, just by putting a few words down on a piece of paper. I think I got a deal with $1000 because almost every other lawyer I talk to is around 2500. A few weeks ago, I got a document from the county and it was addressed to me and my best friend. Apparently everything I asked for is registered and will go where I want to go. It was a little odd seeing his name on my home title.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
It was a little odd seeing his name on my home title.
I don't like that. I have a living will and on mine it has my name but on the will it says "Pay On Death". All she has to do is show the death certificate. Everything goes to her on a Pay on Death. I have it arranged so when both me and Mrs Pute both pass she will get 5 copies of our death certificate as all places will keep a copy for the file.

HempKat

Veteran
About a year ago, I looked at all the instruments that were available to me to convey my medical wishes and my asset allocation. I had an attorney spend quite a bit of time crafting my living trust. I can change my mind and directive of the trust, just by putting a few words down on a piece of paper. I think I got a deal with $1000 because almost every other lawyer I talk to is around 2500. A few weeks ago, I got a document from the county and it was addressed to me and my best friend. Apparently everything I asked for is registered and will go where I want to go. It was a little odd seeing his name on my home title.
Yeah I remember you talking about that here in this thread not too long ago. That was not just a living will though the part that covers your medical wishes was the living will, it may be that you can combine a living will now with a more traditional will i don't know. Personally I don't care for it being called a living will because that just seems to confuse things more then it clarifies things. it's better in my opinion to call it something else like and Advanced Directive or a DNR. When I had my heart procedure done recently, as I was being registered they asked me if I had a living will to which I answered no because don't have one. At that point they offered me a form that said Living Will on it that I could fill out with what my wishes are and that would go in my file. It had nothing to do with what happens with my assets if I die and it didn't require me to pay money to a lawyer to make it enforcable. All I had to do was state my wishes for what I wanted the doctors to do if a problem develope while I was being operated on and they were unable to ask me at that moment.

Africanna

Catch and release - way to go

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
Yeah I remember you talking about that here in this thread not too long ago. That was not just a living will though the part that covers your medical wishes was the living will, it may be that you can combine a living will now with a more traditional will i don't know. Personally I don't care for it being called a living will because that just seems to confuse things more then it clarifies things. it's better in my opinion to call it something else like and Advanced Directive or a DNR. When I had my heart procedure done recently, as I was being registered they asked me if I had a living will to which I answered no because don't have one. At that point they offered me a form that said Living Will on it that I could fill out with what my wishes are and that would go in my file. It had nothing to do with what happens with my assets if I die and it didn't require me to pay money to a lawyer to make it enforcable. All I had to do was state my wishes for what I wanted the doctors to do if a problem develope while I was being operated on and they were unable to ask me at that moment.
There is a huge difference between a living well and a living trust. You’re smart enough to know how to do the research and I’m certain that you will understand what I’m saying… A standard will nowadays cost about $1000 and it’s a couple pages of script. I paid the same for about 2 inches of paperwork in my binder for my living trust. I can change anything I want by a stroke of a pen.

oldmaninbc

His Mr.'s may not have the same opinion 😊
With the normal or nearly normal part?

Not trying to cause any problems🙈🙉🙊but would you please make clear your in statement...
is Pute normal or near normal.

The papers are at the lawyers office please go in and sign your witness statement agreement forms. Take a variety of fruit pies into the office with you as pies will encourage the staff to favor your statement over those who brought in liver and onions. You will have to cross the border to the BC Law Office of Oldman & Oldman.

BumSplodgeBrownPants

Wonder why so many young folks today won't look you in the eye......

Probably all paranoid after injecting the devil's lettuce into their private parts!

Pesky kids.

:whee:

They all say hello in our little village here, even the kids. It's some of the older ones who look me up and down and will blatantly turn away so as not to acknowledge me.

I have been told, they don't like hippies round these parts. I wonder if that's the reason.? Maybe I smell?

I;m having a bad day. I broke my toy truck. :biglaugh: Lasted longer than it should have according to the wife. Dagnabbit.