What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club

IMG_8349.jpeg

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
I’m trying to learn by seeing others age around me that yes, things are not like they use to be. In order to be happy we have to enjoy the present and hope for the future. The past is the past and most of us can’t keep up physically like we use to. There are many adventures in our current chapter tho waiting to be explored. Enjoy the moment and don’t compare it to the past. Today is a new day so appreciate it for what it’s worth 🥰 and take advantage of being old ffs 😊

Zivilpolizist

Veteran
I’m trying to learn by seeing others age around me that yes, things are not like they use to be. In order to be happy we have to enjoy the present and hope for the future. The past is the past and most of us can’t keep up physically like we use to. There are many adventures in our current chapter tho waiting to be explored. Enjoy the moment and don’t compare it to the past. Today is a new day so appreciate it for what it’s worth 🥰 and take advantage of being old ffs 😊
Really diggin your positive attitude ❤️

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Me and each of my sons use to fly fish all the time, but since they have moved away, it is no fun going by myself. Even though the river is nearly in my back yard.
I don’t like the fish by myself anymore. Used to do it all the time. My balance is not as good as it once was walking a slippery river bed not the best thing to do at my age. Plus I missed the camaraderie. Where did they all go?

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Really diggin your positive attitude ❤️
I’m just saying we waste a lot of time dwelling on how things aren’t the same. Life is short, no need to waste time on things we can’t do anything about. It just adds misery to our life. Be proud of your past even if you made mistakes and find your present even tho it’s a bit hard to do in this fast paced changing world. Life is good 😊

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Isn't there some sort of fishing club nearby? I bet you could get to know some other fly fishing enthusiasts there...
When I was president of my trout,unlimited chapter. There were a few old timers like us that attended the meetings. They didn’t actually participate in the fishing trips we went on they were there mostly just to talk about old times. That’s me. I got lots of stories but not much enthusiasm to it do anymore.

Back in the day, it was nothing for me to get up at three in the morning drive two hours, get my waders and belly boat ready and be on the lake or River well before sunrise. Then fish all day drive home two hours then take Mrs. Pute out to dinner.

I did that every weekend for years upon years. Just doesn’t sound like fun anymore.

Last edited:

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
IMG_20240812_092342_7.jpg

We find being around life to be a positive thing.
Now the kids are all grown we have animals.
Short,intense life spans so we pack as much as we can in each day..........seems to help us.
Bubba still getting noticeably larger each couple days as is Baby.
Now in the 250# of dogchow a month club.
🤗

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
View attachment 19047122
We find being around life to be a positive thing.
Now the kids are all grown we have animals.
Short,intense life spans so we pack as much as we can in each day..........seems to help us.
Bubba still getting noticeably larger each couple days as is Baby.
Now in the 250# of dogchow a month club.
🤗
I hope you are getting a discount from purina 🤪

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
My healthy young legs just carried me 3 miles time to get high
Just out of curiosity why do you break up your walking into two seperate walks? I mean definitely two seperate walks of 3 miles each is better then nothing but if you did 6 miles all in one shot you would likely burn off more calories and get more benefit from the exercise even then what you get from two seperate 3 mile walks.

giggy

Morning folks, the moan day grind is in session. I got to get this knee well, I should not see baby deer hiding in the brush next to my house, wild hedges grow fast and hard to get rid of. I looked out the window yesterday morning and about 10ft away and there they are. I told the wife they would be tender, but that didn't go over to well. No deer for me. Hope yall are having a great day.

cola

thanks for the reply

we will have to agree to disagree , me thinks that the old cavemen ate a lot more wooly mammoths than they did blackberries

no meds here and I n my 70’s..doc said most men my age are on about 5 different meds..

I wish you well my friend , peace and love
I gather that, though you may see yourself as bad to the bone, that bringing down a wooly mammoth would be no easy task. Certainly not something done with any predictable regularity. Fish were much easier to obtain, be it from oceans, or lakes, or rivers and streams. Likewise, nuts and roots, and buds from shrubs and trees. Blackberries are seasonal, right? Not a likely staple. One of the best and non-debatable inquires is to look at the evolution of homo sapiens teeth. Recent studies found micro-fossils of fish scales, fish flesh, and starch granules in the plaque of ancient teeth. And, to say that man did not evolve whatsoever to eating grains, beans, and legumes they began cultivating, would be simply illogical too. They were in our diets before. Everything is all about balance. Nothing to an extreme.

Likewise, friend: Peace and love to you. And, wishing you bountiful joy and happiness, in your life too. (y):)

Below is an link to an interesting read from the Smithsonian, if they are to be trusted (lol) :rolleyes: :

How Ancient Teeth Reveal the Roots of Humankind. From diet to evolution, prehistoric chompers tell archaeologists a surprising amount about our ancestors​

Last edited:

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
No need to defend your posts. Some of us write a short story now and then and believe you me some like me and boo just scroll up.
I wasn't so much defending my posts as I was specifying how they were meant for. i'm sure everyone here is capable of just scrolling past something they don't want or maybe don't have the time to read. Boo made it a point to say why he wasn't going to read him and I was just letting him know that was okay since they weren't meant specifically for him.