What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

40degsouth

Come on you old farts 🤣🤣
63D6829E-90A2-4760-A0B6-77AD914D5A52.png

oldmaninbc

And the day you were born - was one day closer to death too - I say as another day in my life has dawned - and I'm up and about with Loki the PomShitzPoo mutt pup - the wife is up getting ready for the gym then her job as a chef in an Asian fusion restaurant - her wok wrist is much better lately - after she had a spell of what we perceived as a repetitive strain injury - from cooking - 🍳 all of those meals every day - with a heavy wok -

- she has such small and delicate - fine boned wrists - she was worried that it would be a permanent affliction - but after much massage - Tiger Balm - and decreased wok duties - for a few days - all seems to be much better now - which is nice 💙 -
Hey Gypsy, people who do that kind of repetitive work have the possibility of getting the carpal tunnel syndrome. I have known a few men and women who have had surgery for carpal tunnel. They all worked at repetitive jobs using their hands&wrists.

Do you have a new shadow following you around with Loki or is he independent. He sure is a handsome little fellow.

oldmaninbc

Good morning everybody! 🌞 Perhaps the dead look back at us and wonder why we cling to life so desperately ? Until we pass away, we can not know that death is not the sweetest joy. 😁 🌈
If we knew the answer to that big question, it sure would change the fundamental way some people look at life and how they experience it. Maybe not for the good.

Hello Magu

dogzter

Drapetomaniac

oldmaninbc

Also begging the question! If we are a combination of matter and energy, which are interchangeable, and energy can be neither created or destroyed, only changed in form, what form do we take in death?
Hello GW, How many thousands of years has that question been asked?
Like looking at the night sky and wondering what's out there.

I lean towards the idea, "that what happens, is what we think happens."

oldmaninbc

it’s true!…

anyone else still hang laundry outdoors?

feck that dryer and high elect bills!

View attachment 19045535
Where I was first raised as a child there was no electricity. Cloths were hung out when it was cold they froze into shape. I remember the fresh smell that no store bought fabric softener can compete with.

Looking at your neighbors laundry might tell you a thing or two about them, as well. I don't necessarily mean that in a nosy way, but possibly.

Good day to you big

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Hey Gypsy, people who do that kind of repetitive work have the possibility of getting the carpal tunnel syndrome. I have known a few men and women who have had surgery for carpal tunnel. They all worked at repetitive jobs using their hands&wrists.

Do you have a new shadow following you around with Loki or is he independent. He sure is a handsome little fellow.
Yeah - that could be a distinct possibility 🤔 - in the future oldman - but Mrs Nirvana loves cooking - and it's not often I don't see her without a saucepan or wok in her hands these days - even on her day off she won't stop cooking stuff up - even when I tell her that she should take a rest - alas - she is smitten by and addicted to cooking - and even wants to open up her own Philippino restaurant one day - and I do kinda blame myself for paying for that Cordon Blue cookery course - back in Subic - all those years ago - (think it was 2011) -

Last night Loki the PomShitzPoo mutt pup slept with his head and paws on my head - as I slept - and he whines when I go out without him - although he has my son and daughter there to play with and pet him - he even lays down right slap-bang in front of the stove when I'm cooking - and nibbles at my calves/ankles when I'm walking around the apartment - following every move I make - certainly makes me feel wanted/needed - and he's such a cutie - I just can't turn him away -

Last edited:

oldmaninbc

Good morning brothers and sisters! Hugz all around, passing left.......... View attachment 19045567 View attachment 19045568

Cloudy here starting at 64F and predicted to reach 87F.

The gym and then a walk through the park with Miss Layla where we scored four tennis balls for the HS pups, and she ran into her best dog buddy Bruno for a joyous reunion.

Grayfox's 76th birthday today which we will be celebrating with dinner out and I bought her a new pair of gym shoes that she has been coveting. I actually gave her those last night and complimented her on how nice she looks in them in her card this morning and that I thought they made her a.ss look smaller.
hello GW... best wishes to your Grayfox...many women like the small butt concept... your a sweet talking gentleman.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Yeah - that could be a distinct possibility 🤔 - in the future oldman - but Mrs Nirvana loves cooking - and it's not often I don't see her with a saucepan or wok in her hands these days - even on her day off she won't stop cooking stuff up - even when I tell her that she should take a rest - alas - she is smitten by and addicted to cooking - and even wants to open up her own Philippino restaurant one day - and I do kinda blame myself for paying for that Cordon Blue cookery course - back in Subic - all those years ago - (think it was 2011) -

Last night Loki the PomShitzPoo mutt pup slept with his head and paws on my head - as I slept - and he whines when I go out without him - although he has my son and daughter there to play with and pet him - he even lays down right slap-bang in front of the stove when I'm cooking - and nibbles at my calves/ankles when I'm walking around the apartment - following every move I make - certainly makes me feel wanted/needed - and he's such a cutie - I just can't turn him away -
Little dogs have a special skillset when it comes to us.........

oldmaninbc

Yeah - that could be a distinct possibility 🤔 - in the future oldman - but Mrs Nirvana loves cooking - and it's not often I don't see her with a saucepan or wok in her hands these days - even on her day off she won't stop cooking stuff up - even when I tell her that she should take a rest - alas - she is smitten by and addicted to cooking - and even wants to open up her own Philippino restaurant one day - and I do kinda blame myself for paying for that Cordon Blue cookery course - back in Subic - all those years ago - (think it was 2011) -

Gypsy, your wife finds cooking to be part of her identity, that can't be a bad thing, with all that goodness finding it's way to your taste buds & belly. Helping to provide for a better family life.
My last wife didn't understand what the word work meant, unless it was called work, picking up a bottle/glass of beer.
Oh you softy, giving into a little dog with your heart on your sleeve🐕💞 isn't love grand.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Yeah - that could be a distinct possibility 🤔 - in the future oldman - but Mrs Nirvana loves cooking - and it's not often I don't see her without a saucepan or wok in her hands these days - even on her day off she won't stop cooking stuff up - even when I tell her that she should take a rest - alas - she is smitten by and addicted to cooking - and even wants to open up her own Philippino restaurant one day - and I do kinda blame myself for paying for that Cordon Blue cookery course - back in Subic - all those years ago - (think it was 2011) -

Do you think Mrs Nirvana would share her lumpia recipe?

Latest posts

Latest posts