What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

cola

speaking of coffee I quit cold turkey about 6 months ago...it was rough on my stomach so I reluctantly gave it up...I drank it so dark it looked like mud...never really felt any physical problems but it sure did slow my roll in the morning hours...my BP went down as well...green tea for the win...
I drink my 2 coffees in the morning cold, filled with half ice cold whole milk. Cured any stomach issues for me! :p

BumSplodgeBrownPants

Howdy OFs, I got myself a new toy to take to the woods with the mutt, but I don;t think he likes it...

It's a little 1/24th scale Chevy Blazer K5. Closest I'm gonna ever get to owning one of your old American trucks.
It's got a slow speed for crawling over rocks and stuff. Quite good fun on a wet day indoors.

cola

Yes - it is very good and very tasty to me - but I'm sad to say that it contains caffeine - which is kinda dangerous considering I have Atrial fibrillation - so I'm gonna haveta give it up - which makes me sad 😔 - so to cheer meself up - here's Harry and Paul -

I'm sure you'll do what is right for you, mate. I don't like tea, so I gave up all caffeine too when I quit coffee for six months about three decades ago. That's how long I lasted. Six months. One morning I was by a local coffee shop, and decided to sit down with a cup, and my laptop. No peer pressure from anyone. I realized the next morning how much I enjoyed it. And, that I knew some studies say coffee is detrimental, but the risk/reward was beneficial for me. Don't be too hard on yourself if you waiver and make a decision that you relish it too much. Life is short. Enjoy it. :)

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Howdy OFs, I got myself a new toy to take to the woods with the mutt, but I don;t think he likes it...
View attachment 19045205

It's a little 1/24th scale Chevy Blazer K5. Closest I'm gonna ever get to owning one of your old American trucks.
It's got a slow speed for crawling over rocks and stuff. Quite good fun on a wet day indoors.
So much potential there!
😆

imiubu

What a perfect little fluffy.

And I am hanging up my Doctor's Daddy hat for the time being. Great pic of you, BTW.

Now if only I could get the other (D.B.) to get straight, mebbe I will get an extra 15 minutes in Purgatory where I am not standing on my head in the shit.
Brought to mind a joke our mom told us when we were youngin's.
Might that also be where you learned it from?

Edit:
Mighta helped if I'd highlighted the portion of the post I am referring to...
so now, I've done so :)

Last edited:

imiubu

@Gypsy Nirvana

I too love big dogs.
We had a German Shepard growing up.

I swore I'd NEVER have one of those effin' ankle biters, no way!
Unless of course, I got a whole pack of them and trained them
to attack like Piranhas... then they would at least be useful ;)

My first dog as an adult (@17yoa) was a Collie/ German Shepard.
Next 3 were Doberman's.
I bred my Red/ Rust female and studded out the Fawn/ rust male.
My Black/ Tan was not AKC so she was not bred.
Next was a 58 lb. Boxer/ Lab/ pit mix that looked like a small Dob
w/ out the markings.
Then, I sold my house and moved to an apt.
Rescued a red/ rust Miniature Pincer.
She passed away and I adopted a little Chihuahua.
Then, my last rescue was a Yorkie Terrier mix.

I've always missed having the big dogs yet, found the
small dogs to be just as much joy.
They do not play frisbee very well though haha.
Bonus was that I no longer needed to pick up
huge poo piles nor haul 40lb pounds of dog food w/ the littles.

Old Uncle Ben

For decades all my fur babies have been rescued strays. I'm now down to an 18 year old cat that has outlived 4 dogs, one cat and my wife, RIP. The greenhouse makes it hard to travel as do pets.

1723138885799.jpeg

Last edited:

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
speaking of coffee I quit cold turkey about 6 months ago...it was rough on my stomach so I reluctantly gave it up...I drank it so dark it looked like mud...never really felt any physical problems but it sure did slow my roll in the morning hours...my BP went down as well...green tea for the win...
The acidity in the coffee along with to many acidic foods kills my stomach.....everything in moderation. I love my maters but coffee, maters and grapefruit juice will kill me.