What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dog knows.png

jokerman

Premium user
This amazing American athlete has not lost in competition in over 5 years. She is simply amazing. Opponents do not want to grapple with her at this Olympics. They are getting warned and then penalized consistently for passivity. :ninja:

I would love to wrestle the both of them if they were gentle, and if they let me

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have up battling crabgrass. It is hardy AF. There are products I believe are labeled as ‘pre-emergents’ that prevent the crabgrass from sprouting but it needs to be applied in the spring before the crabgrass emerges(imagine that?) so it is too late to use that this year. When I was battling it(before I surrendered), I got an odd bit of satisfaction by pulling young crabgrass plants up by the roots. One advantage of crabgrass is it seems drought resistant so it stays green even when my ‘normal’ grass dries out. My guess though is that droughts aren’t a problem in the Portland area😁.
Growing up on the farm with a hoe in my hand, I quickly learned to dig out Bermuda, Johnson, and Crabgrass rather than hoe the tops off. Otherwise, the stuff on the first row would be back by the time I finished hoeing the last row.

I dig/pull all the weeds from our gardens in the spring and usually Roundup anything that returns. This year more crabgrass returned than I originally dug out. I see it in the park across the street, so I infer the high winds we had during the winter seeded the hood.

jokerman

Premium user
Growing up on the farm with a hoe in my hand, I quickly learned to dig out Bermuda, Johnson, and Crabgrass rather than hoe the tops off. Otherwise, the stuff on the first row would be back by the time I finished hoeing the last row.

I dig/pull all the weeds from our gardens in the spring and usually Roundup anything that returns. This year more crabgrass returned than I originally dug out. I see it in the park across the street, so I infer the high winds we had during the winter seeded the hood.
Had a buddy of mine did the same thing on his block

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
He slept right next to the sofa I sleep on - and I was up at 4am - took him downstairs for an early morn'in walk - and he pooped outside - his first poop with us - so I picked it up in a bag and binned it - happy that he didn't poo indoors - then returned home and I had to go - so shut the toilet door on him - to have some privacy when achieving my ablutions - and he got all upset - with some whining - because I'd closed the door on him - he seems to be very attached to me already - my son gets back from his 9 day Army Cadets summer camp today - and this little mutt was for him initially - so hopefully he can take over some of the doggie duties - and the dog likes him too - then I can get away - feed the cats and get to the gym - since my wife works 10am-10pm - and my daughter isn't so enamoured with the little dog - yet - although she is slowly getting to enjoy him a bit -

I guess our routines and lifestyle has to change a tad now to incorporate the little fella - who is fulla fun and life - and makes me happy too -
View attachment 19043903
😊
He’s so cute. Now that you have a dog. You gotta get use to sharing your toilet time. In a dogs eye view, you’re not doing anything but sitting there with free hands to pet. 🤪
he will break you in soon 💕

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Ok, I need a plan, my wife just phoned and got mad at me for not eating. She is in the hospital and yet is getting upset with me. Oh my, I think I'll have a bite, watch a movie.

I feel very stressed out today, I need to find inner peace... ommm
You should eat something like she said so she does not have you to worry about too. Is she feeling any relief?

OleReynard

It’s potato season old man and I try to mix it up sometimes so Mr sub don’t get tired of the same ole same ole. I want him to keep me around for a bit longer. 😳 The cut up ones are dripping in real butter salt pepper and will get some chives and mine will have a bit of sour cream. They have a different texture kinda between a fry and baked potato. Carrots are not my favorite but these are pretty good roasted with honey butter. Carrots and potatoes are still cheap and I always have them around.
My crews would sometime cook on the job for lunch or if away for supper, out would come the grill.
They'd slice potatoes like Subby does but they'd put them in foil with butter and woercesthire sauce and fold them up in stick them in the coals.
They were mighty fine

OleReynard

I know two people that were extremely overweight. Their heart doc put them on basically a carnivore diet very few allowed fruits and veggies no grains no carbs mostly meat eggs and cheese to combat their weight and heart issues. Every time I would see them, they looked like they lost another 20-30 pounds. They both lost all their weight which in turn helped their heart problems. I go on that same diet when I want to lose a quick 10 pounds as it’s very quick to come off 10 Lbs at a time just about a week for me. My health would have to be much worse to stay on it as I love my carbs and vegetables and cookies tonight 😳
Only problem with that diet is it will f'up your kidneys and liver

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts