What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Well this day just went sideways, the ambulance was here and took my wife to the hospital in the next city over. I still have memories of the last time and the doc telling me to call her next of kin. This time for a different reason but it's reason to be concerned.
Sorry to hear that, it's a terrible feeling when a loved one gets to the point of needing to go to the hospital. You feel as if you have no control over helping your loved one thru it and in most hospitals getting enough information to feel like you know what's going on is like trying to pull teeth from a lion. I pray that whatever the problem is you wife recovers fully and quickly so at some future point you can just look back on it as "the last time..."

oldfogey8

I wonder what they call me........never had a credit card,taken a loan or made payments.
I own my house and land outright no banks just taxes.
Same with vehicles never made a single payment aside from purchase in cash.
Started out at 13 with the clothes on my back and then again at 30.
Skipped fourth grade and dropped out in fifth.........not even sure what level of education that is.
😆
I do have 3 GED diplomas though thanks to the Florida dept. of corrections.
🤘
Life is tough........ but it's tougher when you're stoopid.
😭
Hopefully at some point one wakes up and sees the world for what it is but sadly so many simply stay intheir slumbers.
I have found that degrees don’t mean intelligence. Some very intelligent people have no degrees and some VERY stupid people have lots of them. My youngest dropped out of high school because they weren’t teaching him anything he was interested in. He is a smart young man though and runs a branch of our local YMCA. They are hesitant to make him the executive director of the branch because they want people with masters degrees for that level. He does all the duties of the executive director but just doesn’t have the title nor does he care. They are pushing him to go thru their training seminars though and say they will give him the title when completed. He says he will play their game. I am betting the instructors will get some training from him as well. Management curricula is full of bullshit and being that they love his management style, I would love to be a fly on the wall during his training.😂

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I learned about love in the back seat of a Riviera, it was lonely but I still remember it🙄
We had two 92 Riverias. Our GSD rescue Cisco chewed up the leather driver's seat, the door panel, and the headliner in a panic attack when the first was a few months old.

We gave it to my three grandsons as a project car and picked up another ultra-low milage 92 in an estate sale. They were nice cars!
I wonder what they call me........never had a credit card,taken a loan or made payments.
Skipped fourth grade and dropped out in fifth.........not even sure what level of education that is.
😆
🤘
😭
Hopefully at some point one wakes up and sees the world for what it is but sadly so many simply stay intheir slumbers.
They probably at the very least call you resilient and resourceful brother.

May I ask what led you to drop out of school in the 5th grade?

Congratulations on your reading and written communication skills dropping out when you did!

I once tutored GED students in the Multnomah County Jail work release program in math and science, only to discover that their single core issue was their lack of reading and written comprehension skills.

Last edited:

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Since my 27th August prostate ablation surgery has been postponed - probably due to striking doctors - I've been looking for other - more holistic ways to improve things - and working on my pelvic floor muscles seems to be a good idea 💡 - and they do have an inner leg machine at the gym that could help - so I'll hit that today - and maybe try this tennis ball method too -

I've never tested it so I can't verify the truth of this but I saw a YouTube video featuring a female doctor whose practice mainly focuses on male ED issues. Since many of those issues are caused by an enlarged prostate many of her videos cover alternative ways of dealing with that problem. For what it's worth this doctor also recommends working on strengthenng the pelvic floor muscles. The alternative treatment I'm talking about though involves adult sex toys that vibrate. The claim is if you use these vibrating sex toys to kind of message the prostate from the inside (much like a woman might try to message the famous G Spot) it can have dramatic and quick positive results.

Last edited:

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
We had two 92 Riverias. Our GSD rescue Cisco chewed up the leather driver's seat, the door panel, and the headliner in a panic attack when the first was a few months old.

We gave it to my three grandsons as a project car and picked up another ultra-low milage 92 in an estate sale. They were nice cars!

They probably at the very least call you resilient and resourceful brother.

May I ask what led you to drop out of school in the 5th grade?

Congratulations on your reading and written communication skills dropping out when you did!

I once tutored GED students in the Multnomah County Jail work release program in math and science, only to discover that their single core issue was their lack of reading and written comprehension skills.
My Dad died and my Mom just didn't give a shit about us kids so it was work or starve.
Fortunately I learned to read young and enjoyed it so kept doing it.
Read the classics cuz I felt I was missing something.
Read philosophy cuz I felt stoopid.
Read every book in every institution I was ever in out of boredom and lived in the law library at F.S.P. for a few years.
Thank you for the kind words I really appreciate that.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My Dad died and my Mom just didn't give a shit about us kids so it was work or starve.
Fortunately I learned to read young and enjoyed it so kept doing it.
Read the classics cuz I felt I was missing something.
Read philosophy cuz I felt stoopid.
Read every book in every institution I was ever in out of boredom and lived in the law library at F.S.P. for a few years.
Thank you for the kind words I really appreciate that.
You are most welcome brother for any well-deserved praise!

My hat is off to you! Losing your dad and supporting yourself that young is a rough way to start, so any accolades are well deserved.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
I wont pay the premium for eagles, usually get Sunshine Rounds and Bars. about 31 per oz now, looking at a kilo bar, about a grand.

we bought some Engelhard 100 oz bars for $5 an ounce back in the day….sold one bar at $15 an oz which paid for the other 4 bars

painted one black and used it as a doorstop 😂

can you imagine what might have been when in our lifetime we have seen gold lower than $50 and ounce and silver at $3 bucks?….

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
😆
🤘
😭
Respect. Self made man.

Latest posts

Latest posts