What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

BumSplodgeBrownPants

I found switching to Rye bread alleviated all of my symptoms. Apparently there is much less gluten it the Rye grain.

Before you make any life long decisions I'd consult your doctor. A simple test will tell if you may have Ceilac Disease.

Hi Cola,

Yes, I love rye bread. Poached eggs on "Schneider Brot" rye bread was a fave. I may have to mooch at the supermarket for some.

I've also had the chrons and the celiac tests as well as the FIT (cancer) test and they all came back fine.

My kidneys are a bit on the limit, but they've been like that for decades so again, nothing to worry about according to the quacks, but I do have elevated uric acid levels which I need to get checked again, but I shall make a few more diet changes and then see.

Cheers dude!

jokerman

Premium user
Some of the gluten free stuff is not bad but you’re right some GF bread is cardboard. I have learned to make some GF goodies with GF rice flour that’s pretty good too. Her favorite thing was noodles. She eats the GF noodles but they are not the same I’ll tell ya that. She loves my rice so I usually have a pot of rice on when she visits. I think she sneaks stuff sometimes but pays for it with stomach and other issues when she does.
I think my ass is half gluten

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
No worries.

If you were over this side of the pond, I'd pop a couple of vapes in the mail for you to try.

I think if you have a plumbers torch and a bong, I'd start cheap with a glass unit like from this guy...

I always test my herb in that 1st, most purest flavour I find. BUT it is a tolerance killer so I try not to hit it every night. I like to mix my vapes and my strains up, it keeps my tolerance on it's toes.
I have collected several cheap vapes over the years but I always go back to my pipe. I just like it better.

jokerman

Premium user
Good afternoon OFs.

Grey and cool here, 19*C in modern money and a light breeze making it feel about 16*C... (double it and add 30 to get to F was what my Grandfather taught me).

WARNING... POOP TALK INCOMING!!!

I've not eaten bread for 3 days and I've had my 1st solid movements since xmas the last 2 days. I think I've some sort of aversion to bread. Or the glyphosphate they spray on the wheat. ??? Pain has gone in my gut, so I think it's bread. I was waiting for 6 months for a scan but when I chased them up I was told my cancer test was negative so they felt no need to check out what's going on, but couldn't be bothered to let me know. Gotta love the NHS, huh?
I'm still on a waiting list for my ADHD... 3 years now and have just been told I need to start the process again now that I have moved to another care provider area... They have a backlog of 3,500 cases and are seeing 200 per year, so that's another 17 year wait to be seen. I can't sit staring outof the window for that long, so may just pay to go private and be done with it. I think I need some meds as my lack of mojo is starting to get me down.

I fancied some lunch so decided to not have toast and have meat instead.

View attachment 19042986

That'll do me for my lunches for 3 or 4 days... Man, I love cow meat and eggs.

Have fun folks, I'm off to mulch the herb bed I made for the wife yesterday.
I looked at your post read it and liked it .I looked at your post deeper and fell in love and had to change my like.
Ima gonna eat somethin that looks like that today FFS !
You gave me hope and direction for the day .thank you☝️

jokerman

Premium user
Hi Cola,

Yes, I love rye bread. Poached eggs on "Schneider Brot" rye bread was a fave. I may have to mooch at the supermarket for some.

I've also had the chrons and the celiac tests as well as the FIT (cancer) test and they all came back fine.

My kidneys are a bit on the limit, but they've been like that for decades so again, nothing to worry about according to the quacks, but I do have elevated uric acid levels which I need to get checked again, but I shall make a few more diet changes and then see.

Cheers dude!
gout issues?

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
IMG_20240804_091646363.jpg

cola

Hi Cola,

Cheers dude!
It sounds like, just like me, Rye bread may do the trick for you, especially with your prior tests. Find one with as much rye flour as possible. Sprouted grains are best. Refined wheat found in most Rye breads has much less gluten in it. GL

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Mr Wolf.
Seems strange for it to just come on out of the blue, but yes I think I may be. I do love a nice baguette from the Spanish bakery in town, that is one bread I shall miss.
I lived in the South of France on the Spanish border many years back and I just ate bread every morning on my way to work, them baguettes are so addictive. I put LOADS of weight on. :biglaugh:
No more bread dagnabbit!

Hi Gypsy.
Yes, I did keto once and dropped 10kg easy peasy. Was a few tough poops at the beginning, I think from lack of fibre, but once I got into it I felt loads better. I had 100kg of olympic weights at the time and was doing my squats and deadlifts every morning and the jitsu twice a week too.
I only really stopped due to the covid stuff, then we moved house and I sold my weights. I may have to get some more.

I think this is the way I need to go again. More meat and eggs. Mostly beef, maybe a chicken curry once a week. Avoiding pork, that's pumped full of crap... But bacon tastes sooooo good.
I need to stop drinking beer, that's giving me a belly, but funny enough I've drunk beer all weekend (not constantly, I'd be falling over),,, but I have had a couple of beers in the evenings and that doesn't mess with my tum tum.

I could murder a bacon and tomato baguette right now. :whee:
People develop gluten intolerance and other food allergies, often against stuff they eat a lot of.
I'm all excited! - My sister Mini (short for Yasmin) - is coming up to see us and bringing the mutt puppy 🐶 that she is giving to us tomorrow - we haven't had a dog since Zack (my big male Rottie) died in 2016 - so have been 8 years dogless - lots of fun to come I'm sure - lol
Whoop, whoop, ahwooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hee, hee, hee, that should liven things up a bit!

We look forward to seeing pictures of your newest daughter and learning her name!

BumSplodgeBrownPants

I looked at your post read it and liked it .I looked at your post deeper and fell in love and had to change my like.
Ima gonna eat somethin that looks like that today FFS !
You gave me hope and direction for the day .thank you☝️
No worries, we aim to please. I shall join you later and eat some more with another really runny egg.

I'm off to go see the big dog up at the stables, and give him a carrot or three.
I may take the smaller dog with me, but he really wants to kill this horse man. I suppose I just gotta have my strong arms on and let him get over it with some reassurance. (and a bit of steak!)

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
It sounds like, just like me, Rye bread may do the trick for you, especially with your prior tests. Find one with as much rye flour as possible. Sprouted grains are best. Refined wheat found in most Rye breads has much less gluten in it. GL
But Rye bread is not gluten free. Best to first eliminate all gluten to see if that may be the whole problem.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
View attachment 19042951
View attachment 19042952
Good morning old farts . I have been gone for a minute. I did not read everything before this because there is like a thousand pages ! 🫣 Damn you people talk a lot. 🤣 We are in a terrible drought here. All the grass in the pasture feilds turned brown and crunchy and we had to feed some hay but it has rained a little bit lately and things are turning green again. 😅 Now I am waiting to harvest some plants in about a month. 😁 I have grown a Burmese landrace that has very good structure and huge colas on it. Several breeders have said that they really like the way it looks so I will focus on developing it as my main breeding project. Anyway, Thats all thats happening in my little world. May the Universe bless you and your garden. 😁

View attachment 19042951
View attachment 19042952
Good morning old farts . I have been gone for a minute. I did not read everything before this because there is like a thousand pages ! 🫣 Damn you people talk a lot. 🤣 We are in a terrible drought here. All the grass in the pasture feilds turned brown and crunchy and we had to feed some hay but it has rained a little bit lately and things are turning green again. 😅 Now I am waiting to harvest some plants in about a month. 😁 I have grown a Burmese landrace that has very good structure and huge colas on it. Several breeders have said that they really like the way it looks so I will focus on developing it as my main breeding project. Anyway, Thats all thats happening in my little world. May the Universe bless you and your garden. 😁 🌈
Good to see you checking in Magu. Good luck with your project.

BubbasPlace

They say the your liver can regrow and correct itself with time. I hope so as I abused the heck outta mine in my younger days. I still drink more than once a year but can feel it way more now and find it takes more to recover physically these days so I don’t partake too often. I do smoke a heck of a lot of cannabis tho.
Its true. I was at almost stage four cirrhosis, 90K of antivirols and ceasing drinking resulted in all numbers returning to normal with no viral load. Liver transplant doc did my gal bladder took samples and reported liver looked a touch beat up, but he could find no cirrhosis! Screwed up spleen semi repaired itself too. It was gobbling up my platletts, but they measure normal range too.I had no drinking problem, but stopping that was the smartest thing I ever did. The money savings was ridiculous.

jokerman

Premium user
But Rye bread is not gluten free. Best to first eliminate all gluten to see if that may be the whole problem.
I had to leave the conversation .Talk of bread and whats wrong with it is too much for me.
I have eaten a loaf of Italian bread right out of the bakers oven fixin something.
The bread was buttered to perfection.
There is no turning away from that.

Latest posts

Latest posts