What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

jokerman

Premium user
Got this bamboo in the mail today to add to the already staked cannabis plants on the back porch. The top of the plants are now over the gutters on my back porch and I need a step ladder to tend to the tops. I have 6 ft bamboo now in three piece teepee style to support them but the plants have grown 2 ft over them already. These stakes are 3/4 in thick and 8 ft long and will add strength to tie the buds off but they may still require an extension before it’s all over with.
View attachment 19040772 View attachment 19040771
Last time I saw something like that was in a Tarzan movie and had spear heads on them.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
Good evening Old Man!

I designed and built control systems, but if I'm disassembling a complicated system built by others, I typically number the wires using wire numbering tapes. When building my own, I seldom do because I know where the wire is supposed to go.

Here is an example of an automated system panel that I designed and built based on two PC boards built by others. When you solder in one wire at a time, it doesn't matter how complex:
View attachment 19040770

I see opium poppies growing in gardens around the hood and they are pretty much ignored, but I'll bet they would draw attention if they were scarified.
very tidy work! but you missed a spot
cat knock2.gif

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I like that, one wire at a time.

As long as that one wire is in it's proper place. It all works out.

Thanks GW for taking the time to answer my posts, your a gentleman and obviously academic in nature :)

A friend was telling me about the next town over from us. He told me it had a history of hardcore drug users travelling from Vancouver to Alberta, stopping there to pick the opium poppies that grew there to hold them over. I did not no if there was truth to his tale or if it was drug lore.
A few years later I was living in that town, I lived on a crescent and there was beds of opium poppies growing there. I was out cutting the lawn one day and a motorcycle pulled into the crescent unknown to me. It's a very small town, less then a 1000 people, so I pretty much knew who drove what.
The unknown person stopped and started to pick poppies from the neighbors poppy flower bed, got back on his bike and was gone in minutes heading east.

I thought back to what I thought was lore.
You're welcome Old Man!

As you probably know, they scarify poppy heads and collect the sap that oozes out for opium. The plant has to be alive to ooze sap.

I've never tried it, but one of my former business partners relayed that they made tea out of the dried heads, which may be what the biker had in mind.

jokerman

Premium user
Got this bamboo in the mail today to add to the already staked cannabis plants on the back porch. The top of the plants are now over the gutters on my back porch and I need a step ladder to tend to the tops. I have 6 ft bamboo now in three piece teepee style to support them but the plants have grown 2 ft over them already. These stakes are 3/4 in thick and 8 ft long and will add strength to tie the buds off but they may still require an extension before it’s all over with.
View attachment 19040772 View attachment 19040771
Subie ,sure this is not your intention?

25micron

Hello Gypsy, for some people it's not the past memory that is forgettable but the short term memory.

I find that with myself, I can remember things from 65 years ago, then there is something that happened 65 minutes ago or 65 seconds and it's gone in the blink of an eye. It can be very frustrating at times.

Your plants are maturing nicely, have you smoked on this strain before?

Hope yours is a jolly day.
IS GYPYSY nirvana free or still in england?

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
IS GYPYSY nirvana free or still in england?
I've been free of any charges since 2018 - and I live in London England 🇬🇧 - eventually - after 5 years of the US Justice Department - trying to get me into the USA to face charges related to seed sales - they dropped the charges - and have left me alone - these past 6 years now - thank goodness 😳 -

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Hello Gypsy, for some people it's not the past memory that is forgettable but the short term memory.

I find that with myself, I can remember things from 65 years ago, then there is something that happened 65 minutes ago or 65 seconds and it's gone in the blink of an eye. It can be very frustrating at times.

Your plants are maturing nicely, have you smoked on this strain before?

Hope yours is a jolly day.
Hey oldman - yes - I'm one of those people with a spotty short term memory - but my long term memory is usually spot-on - once I've located it - and thunk on it for a while -

- and I've tried Zamal in Madagascar and La Reunion - and when Gerrit grew it out in Holland many years ago - which was lovely 😍 - but never @dubi 's Zamaldelica - which I am currently growing along side the Malawi x Northern Lights from Ace Seeds - another month or so and it should be finished and ready for the chop 😀 - then I can let you know how it tokes -
2024-07-3106.02.528771851370469265080.jpg

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Quick question guys just looked at my patient record gp doctors been monitering my blood pressure for a week all done now my stats are coming up as Thank you for keeping your blood pressure diary. It has shown your average home blood pressure is raised (149/83) is this something i need to look more into Essential hypertension also can see this, going to phone surgery when it opens i also was diagnosed with stage 2 diabetes last week and on top of that i was diagnosed with copd a few years ago is it time to worry or just crack on with normal life sorry for the questions its just the wifes a little more worried than me ... :thank you: :dunno:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Quick question guys just looked at my patient record gp doctors been monitering my blood pressure for a week all done now my stats are coming up as Thank you for keeping your blood pressure diary. It has shown your average home blood pressure is raised (149/83) is this something i need to look more into Essential hypertension also can see this, going to phone surgery when it opens i also was diagnosed with stage 2 diabetes last week and on top of that i was diagnosed with copd a few years ago is it time to worry or just crack on with normal life sorry for the questions its just the wifes a little more worried than me ... :thank you: :dunno:
I'd say it's time to worry mate - I had similar blood pressure but no diabetes 3 and a half years ago - although the docs said I was pre-diabetic - and I had a hypertension attack - where I thought that I was drowning in air - that I couldn't get the oxygen out of - was awful - because for decades I was told that I had high blood pressure - but did nothing about it - silly me -

So at that time I was 3 stone (42lbs) overweight - and decided - after much study - to go on a Keto diet - with daily intermittent fasting (only eating in a 6 hour window every day - 2pm - 8pm ) - plus I started physicality training for 3 hours every day - walking 5 miles - one hour gym and one hour swim/aqua aerobics - after 7 months I had lost that 3 stone (42lbs) and with the help of prescribed Amlodipine from the docs/pharmacy - my blood pressure was much better - I was no longer pre-diabetic - but after all sorts of tests -

- the tests found that I had blown the Mitral valve in my heart - which led to Mitral Regurgitation possibly a year before my diet/exercise routine - and I had a blockage in my left coronary artery - that needed open heart surgery to fix - its now fixed and I've recovered - and now train gym/swim every other day - but still walk 5 miles per day - and intermittently fast 3 or 4 days per week only - keeping my weight around 15-15 and a half stone (210lbs) for the past 2 and a half years or so - it's all about disciplining yourself - and keeping a good diet and doing plenty of exercise - plus adequate sleep time - for the rest of your life - and I hope that you can do it - because if you don't - you will probably get sick and die - much quicker than if you do - seriously -

Get your heart thoroughly checked out with an ultrasound - study this condition -

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'd say it's time to worry mate - I had similar blood pressure but no diabetes 3 and a half years ago - although the docs said I was pre-diabetic - and I had a hypertension attack - where I thought that I was drowning in air - that I couldn't get the oxygen out of - was awful - because for decades I was told that I had high blood pressure - but did nothing about it - silly me -

So at that time I was 3 stone (42lbs) overweight - and decided - after much study - to go on a Keto diet - with daily intermittent fasting (only eating in a 6 hour window every day - 2pm - 8pm ) - plus I started physicality training for 3 hours every day - walking 5 miles - one hour gym and one hour swim/aqua aerobics - after 7 months I had lost that 3 stone (42lbs) and with the help of prescribed Amlodipine from the docs/pharmacy - my blood pressure was much better - I was no longer pre-diabetic - but after all sorts of tests -

- the tests found that I had blown the Mitral valve in my heart - which led to Mitral Regurgitation possibly a year before my diet/exercise routine - and I had a blockage in my left coronary artery - that needed open heart surgery to fix - its now fixed and I've recovered - and now train gym/swim every other day - but still walk 5 miles per day - and intermittently fast 3 or 4 days per week only - keeping my weight around 15-15 and a half stone (210lbs) for the past 2 and a half years or so - it's all about disciplining yourself - and keeping a good diet and doing plenty of exercise - plus adequate sleep time - for the rest of your life - and I hope that you can do it - because if you don't - you will probably get sick and die - much quicker than if you do - seriously -

Get your heart thoroughly checked out with an ultrasound - study this condition -
Thanks m8 will be on the phone 9 sharpish..and it looks like my lifestyle is going to change..

Unca Walt

420club
Hey there Unca Walt, it is sad to see the death of the animal and it's made worse by the waste of the deer meat. I know at times I've seen these animals turned over to a organization who will give it to those in need.

One day my wife and I were out exploring around the base of a mountain, almost across the road from where we lived and worked. A large area had been cleared and the village was taking gravel from there. Over a bit we found all these half rotten carcasses, there was mostly deer and a couple of bear. The village was taking the roadkill and just throwing the bodies on the ground. It was a gruesome sight.
Damn' good way to attract whole groups of apex predators to an unnatural feeding spot. You know, so the folks living there have absolutely no problem with their children playing outside, or going to school, etc. (n)

Last edited:

Unca Walt

420club

(*snicker-snork-snock*) Jes' you wait another dozen years, chile. I hadda bold the above to remember something I was gonna tellya. But I fergot.

As long as I am here, I remember one time at Bash-Bish Falls in upstate New Yawk as a little kid in the 1940's walking along a path and finding lotsa brilliant baby-blue, glassy-smooth rocks. I was told it was slag.

A bit of weirdness: We hiked to the Falls that day (I climbed it), and I was told we had somehow crossed into Massachusetts. But it was just a path with pretty stones here and there.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts