What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Thank you DB, can your mom expect something special on her Bday, you only turn 70 once. Besides your mom is always doing things for you. Your a lucky fellow to have such a caring Mom. I know a few moms who don't live up to the loving mother image. Your fortunate to have a good mom.

Hope your day is going well DB:)
Hey old man! My apartment is nice and quiet. Clean too. Laying on my bed with the fan going and listening to what's going on outside. Usually fairly quiet around here. Had fish sticks and pizza.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello and good day GW

I changed the timer part of my washing machine one time, talk about having to label wires, I am glad the repairman advised on that or it could have turned out very bad. There are a lot of wires associated with the timer.

Thanks for the comment on the California poppy, it was new information to me about extracting the compounds using vinegar. Apparently people and businesses do this. I would not have asked you such a question regarding the opium poppy. The opium poppy is legal to grow here in Canada but it is illegal to milk the pod, that will get you in big trouble. I have even ordered opium poppy seeds from across the pond and signed for them at the post office. I have a morphine prescription I have no need to use an opium plant for any other reason than their one day of beauty before their petals fall off. The pods look nice as a decoration. I love the texture of the petal, I could lay down on a bed of poppy petals, they feel so nice. It's not the plant that is harmful, it is the people who use it for the wrong reasons.
Good evening Old Man!

I designed and built control systems, but if I'm disassembling a complicated system built by others, I typically number the wires using wire numbering tapes. When building my own, I seldom do because I know where the wire is supposed to go.

Here is an example of an automated system panel that I designed and built based on two PC boards built by others. When you solder in one wire at a time, it doesn't matter how complex:
Mk VA2 control.jpg

I see opium poppies growing in gardens around the hood and they are pretty much ignored, but I'll bet they would draw attention if they were scarified.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Good evening Old Man!

I designed and built control systems, but if I'm disassembling a complicated system built by others, I typically number the wires using wire numbering tapes. When building my own, I seldom do because I know where the wire is supposed to go.

Here is an example of an automated system panel that I designed and built based on two PC boards built by others. When you solder in one wire at a time, it doesn't matter how complex:
View attachment 19040770

I see opium poppies growing in gardens around the hood and they are pretty much ignored, but I'll bet they would draw attention if they were scarified.
Impressive

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Got this bamboo in the mail today to add to the already staked cannabis plants on the back porch. The top of the plants are now over the gutters on my back porch and I need a step ladder to tend to the tops. I have 6 ft bamboo now in three piece teepee style to support them but the plants have grown 2 ft over them already. These stakes are 3/4 in thick and 8 ft long and will add strength to tie the buds off but they may still require an extension before it’s all over with.
IMG_0273.jpeg
IMG_0275.jpeg

oldmaninbc

Good evening Old Man!

View attachment 19040770

I like that, one wire at a time.

As long as that one wire is in it's proper place. It all works out.

Thanks GW for taking the time to answer my posts, your a gentleman and obviously academic in nature :)

A friend was telling me about the next town over from us. He told me it had a history of hardcore drug users travelling from Vancouver to Alberta, stopping there to pick the opium poppies that grew there to hold them over. I did not no if there was truth to his tale or if it was drug lore.
A few years later I was living in that town, I lived on a crescent and there was beds of opium poppies growing there. I was out cutting the lawn one day and a motorcycle pulled into the crescent unknown to me. It's a very small town, less then a 1000 people, so I pretty much knew who drove what.
The unknown person stopped and started to pick poppies from the neighbors poppy flower bed, got back on his bike and was gone in minutes heading east.

I thought back to what I thought was lore.

jokerman

Premium user
Good evening Old Man!

View attachment 19040770

What is now a great help is having a phone camera on you all times to take pictures
My boxes were bigger because we had magnetic starters and control relays.
I would be lost now ,somethings need to be worked on everyday to become good.

Latest posts

Latest posts