What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good Moonday morning brothers and sisters! Let the mooning begin!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Rain here starting at 59F and predicted to soar to 69F.

Gym and then the dentist first thing this morning for a cleaning. It got rescheduled from last Thursday due to a power outage.

I've decided to stop tying off my tomatoes to see if I can stop them from growing any taller. They are already taller than I am and it has already gotten dangerous to try to tie them off reaching over from a step ladder.

I've picked up the parts and next year I will use string for their trellis, that attaches to a reel that I can relax and lower the plant for tending.

jokerman

Premium user
Good Morning All (OF's):

Wishing each and every one of you, a pleasant morning, wonderful day, and outstanding evening.
I am currently pretty tied up with projects and work, so wanted to start with a daily check in hello.
I see that Boo is apparently awol. Certainly hope he's ok. We all need some down time sometime.

See you all tomorrow (again)! (y):)
You as well☝️😊

jokerman

Premium user
No I loved my drill instructors. At the time I was really afraid of them. But they were awesome. Funniest guys I've ever met. I was in the Coast Guard. 👍
How was the game Doobster?
My Goddaughter is a coastie in the reserves.
She is a Lt and was and is a forensic professor.
The coast guard need people in forensics
She is a cutie in her uniform

Unca Walt

420club
The end of this clip made me smile.

When I was 11 years old, I saved up for several months -- every cent I could get my hands on -- I finally got the $11.95 necessary for my J.C. Higgins .22 Single-shot rifle.

I slept with it. Just like those recruits in this video. The difference was that I was in love with my shiny new rifle:

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The end of this clip made me smile.

When I was 11 years old, I saved up for several months -- every cent I could get my hands on -- I finally got the $11.95 necessary for my J.C. Higgins .22 Single-shot rifle.

I slept with it. Just like those recruits in this video. The difference was that I was in love with my shiny new rifle:

I saved and bought my first Daisy Red Rider BB gun but got a Steven's Crackshot single shot 22 for my eighth Christmas. Dad had me memorize the Shooter's bible and repeat it chapter and verse before he allowed me to shoot it.

Steele Savage

Boutique Breeder
Veteran
Thanks for all the chicken ideas, I couldn't possibly cook all them today, but I have made note and book marked recipes.

I 'll have to ask for cooking ideas another day, the response has been good and you all have some good ideas
One of my favorites.. cut chicken into chucks for skewers. Marinade with salad dressing, either made or store bought, several hrs or over night. Skewer em up and roast over wood fire..

I also do a winter chicken ... Chunked for skewers again.. a can of tomato paste, cut a bunch of parsley, reserving half the bunch for later. Add a cup of olive oil and salt to taste.. mix and marinade for 2+ hrs, preferably over night.
Lightly oil up some sliced baguette, skewer and fire them up over the wood fire. Finish with parsley and plain yogurt

Edit: Easy and quick

Last edited: