What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Got my new Apple tablet set up with the help of my son-in-law. Need his help. I’ve got a bookmarks half screen on and can’t get rid of it. Been playing with it for 20 minutes I give up. Really a neat tablet once I get used to it.
IMG_2960.jpeg

jokerman

Premium user
Also Chicken Marsala is popular here. Good parm and Romano are crucial. Italian breadcrumbs. Chicken needs to be pounded flat then dipped in egg and then cheese/ breadcrumb mix(1 cup of each for about 6 lbs of breast). Fry one side of the coated breasts in olive oil until browned, flip and pour in Marsala wine to submerge the cutlets. Reduce to simmer until the sauce thickens. We do linguine with butter as a bed for the chicken.
too late to be talkin food FFS !
How much can a man eat in a day.
I put a hurtin on watermelon tonight
looking to make that and corn a habit this summer

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Happy Birthday Doober 🎂 - oh boy - you are lucky that you have a Mum - you'll be making most all of us oldtimers - kinda weepy - and a tad green 💚 - since most of our Mums have gone on to the happy hunting (or shopping) grounds by the time we are in our 60's our Mum's (bless their souls) - have more than likely passed on - so enjoy having a Mum while you can - and don't forget to thank her - tell her that you love her - followed by (or during) a great big bear hug 😊
Thanks gypsy! I went to the baseball game with Mom. We had a great time. Heading home now

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Really smoky out tonight have several local fires going including one at tje new solar panel farm a cali company built last year.
Still has yet to produce any surplus and is still a drain on our local grid.
🙄
They will swear it was moments away from full production quotas........until that pesky fire.

Unca Walt

420club
Happy Birthday Doober 🎂 - oh boy - you are lucky that you have a Mum - you'll be making most all of us oldtimers - kinda weepy - and a tad green 💚 - since most of our Mums have gone on to the happy hunting (or shopping) grounds by the time we are in our 60's our Mum's (bless their souls) - have more than likely passed on - so enjoy having a Mum while you can - and don't forget to thank her - tell her that you love her - followed by (or during) a great big bear hug 😊
My first memory of seeing my mother was when I was looking out through the oven door window.

Unca Walt

420club
Zoie is such a cutie and the way you speak with such affection, I can feel your bond. I get rather sentimental these days over people's love for their animal friends. It fills me with joy and sadness all in the same breath.

My last cat we spent 24 hrs. a day 7 days a week together, I spent more time with my cat than my wife as she worked and as more of a life outside the home. I miss my cat everyday, I have a small memorial collection close by, a photo and a couple of toys.

When I happen to go through my photos and see my cat, it's a loving trip down memory lane and puts a loving smile on my face.
I wrote one of my novels around my cat, Fuzzy. She stayed on my lap and I had a wireless keyboard. There's a photo somewhere... Ah.
1722239563130.jpeg

Witchie-Poo says my head looks too small in that picture. Well, I fixed that; everything (yeah, everything) shrunk except my evil dome.

Unca Walt

420club
That sound really tasty. I've got to get out of here before I starve to death. Lost over 20 lbs in a month on hospital food. The chow selections at Keck LA were decent but the slop the VA serves up is truly dreadful. Eat what's served and gakkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. If not for the wife bringing in a burger and shake in the evenings, I'd really be fracked.
@BrassNwood -- I feel for you. There are folks in the trenches at the VA that are trying. But the friggin' VA leadership hasn't changed much since the time I saw bedded GI's in hallways with no one paying a glance. A lot of glory words, but the same bottom line for dinged GI's: Fuck You.

Because my helmet got dinged, I cannot buy cannabis in any of the stores I drive by. Fed law still says weed is verboten. VA is Fed. You gotta claim PTSD <-- DANGER! DANGER!

Unca Walt

420club
it’s been my experience at the VA hospital food isto find the grill ….the VA’s I’ve been to all had a grill

better food off the grill than the VA kitchen

healing vibes and a speedy recovery
@bigsur51 -- I doan theenk he could wander around the different floors of the horsepistol lookin' for a grill. He wuzzn't ambulatory... Not only that, he was "locked in" one corridor, it appears.

Yer only hope in a VA hostile is to have an outside contact.

cola

Good Morning All (OF's):

Wishing each and every one of you, a pleasant morning, wonderful day, and outstanding evening.
I am currently pretty tied up with projects and work, so wanted to start with a daily check in hello.
I see that Boo is apparently awol. Certainly hope he's ok. We all need some down time sometime.

See you all tomorrow (again)! (y):)

Unca Walt

420club
e bike explosion
This technology is not developed properly. It is released too early.

It is much like building a nuclear reactor without cooling rods. It will work until it... doesn't.

Stuff like this has been going on forever. Some kewl idea gets built, it works... and then people find out the deadly danger inherent in the technology.

A perfect case in point: The Stanley Steamer. A brilliant idea. This car could go from a cold start to movement in two minutes. It was fuel efficient. It even used abundant water. They were built, and then the "battery in the elevator" problem arose:

In order to function, the doors of the Stanley Steamer had to be radiators carrying live steam. This worked fine, technically. But then someone said, "What happens if someone punctures one of the doors in an accident?" They get scalded to death was the answer.

These batteries are clearly unstable. To claim otherwise is to either be ignorant or lying. They almost sunk a gazillion-ton cargo ship. NOBODY knows how** to put the fire out.

** You cannot get past the amount of energy being released unless you can do the following:

1. Lower the temperature to the point the reaction ceases
2. Remove all oxygen
3. Remove all combustibles

Item One is impossible to achieve with spraying water, foam, bedbugs, sand, etc.
Item Two is immaterial; the battery components supply all the chemical reactants.
Item Three is possible only by watching and waiting and hoping.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
@BrassNwood -- I feel for you. There are folks in the trenches at the VA that are trying. But the friggin' VA leadership hasn't changed much since the time I saw bedded GI's in hallways with no one paying a glance. A lot of glory words, but the same bottom line for dinged GI's: Fuck You.

Because my helmet got dinged, I cannot buy cannabis in any of the stores I drive by. Fed law still says weed is verboten. VA is Fed. You gotta claim PTSD <-- DANGER! DANGER!
I am not injured but I just started a VA claim for non combat PTSD a few weeks ago.

Latest posts

Latest posts