What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

imiubu

If fish tastes or smells fishy don't eat it. I have heard smelt smells like fish bad.
Smelt is yummy.
They run once a year here.
I've never been out on the expeditions
but I always end up cleaning those lil bitties.
Might equate it to cleaning sardines... almost haha.
We always work in shifts when there's a good run.

Thinking I'll employ Subbies idea of utilizing my 'talents'
else were :D

cola

Just incredible and speaks loudly to the graft and lack of oversight within our military industrial complex.
This was not even a military personnel, but a contracted civilian employee. Maybe they will get back half.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Can I be addicted to opium after not smoking it for 15 years? Just psychological addiction? I could really go for some opium I was going to maybe check Chinatown after my birthday. I'm sure there's lots of heroin and fentanyl in the streets out there in Boston. I found some Poppies and scraped them but went back and they were just too small to produce anything. Screw opiates though, you could die. I tried to kill myself by smoking opium once but it didn't work I just fell asleep. Where's those Middle Eastern drug dealers outside the Dutch coffeeshops when you need them. Going to be able to buy a gram of ice hash later today. Thank god. Flower just doesn't do it for me. I need that extra push from hash or kief.
Well conventional wisdom says once an addict always an addict so if you were truly addicted it's best not to tempt fate. I'd just wait for the ice hash. I once knew a girl who was a bad crack addict. She went into a long term rehab where se remained, clean and sober for almost 2 years. Towards the end of the program she was in they let you go home on the weekends for unsupervised visits. At the time she reached that point and went home on an unsupervised visit, it was tax time and she had a refund of around $1000 waiting for her when she got home. She got that itch to use her refund to treat herself to some crack. In a few hours she spent all of her refund on crack and still wanted more. So she went thru her home to find everything of value that she could sell quickly (not sure how much money she made) and she proceeded to spend all that on crack and smoke it up. It still wasn't enough for her and she wanted more so she went back to what she used to do for crack before she went into the rehab which was to sell herself for sex to get money for more crack. She did that for the rest of her weekend visit home and then returned to the rehab. She end up getting caught in a urine test and was sent back to jail for a month, after which she was able to come back to the rehab but as a new patient and she had to start at square one. So after 2 years clean and sober and soon to be releassed from the program, she caved into that urge to "try just a little" and ended up blowing her tax return, selling all heer valuables and resorting back to prostitution. Which led to her getting caught, losing a month of freedom and having to start the two year program all over again. Another saying popular in recovery goes something like "No matter how long you are clean and sober you're just one hit/drink/shot/etc from your addiction."