What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
I may be one of those folks with absolutely NO tolerance for edibles.
They make me shake like a greyhound taking a dump in the Arctic.
I've a healthy tolerance for dabs and flower, but eating the stuff.... nooooo way.

I've made RSO with any dope that's gone a bit too dry after being vacuum sealed in the fridge for a few years and passed it on to my pal who uses it for med patients. I tried a small "grain of rice" as recommended by most and it was the most uncomfortable feeling in the world. Wide awake shaking all night kinda thing. Took a good 36 hours to feel even remotely square in myself and feel like leaving the house.

I've had similar when I've had a weak batch of mushrooms and haven't quite got to the point of being high, the come up starts and then I don't reach the peak and am stuck in an awful anxiety loop for 3 hours.
I was wondering if that is the same as with the RSO? Did I need more or do I need to just stay away from the stuff?

Someone recommended shoving it up my ass to avoid my liver, but that could be a bit messy.

I have about 15-20 ounce here ready to be ISO washed too so I may try licking the spoon next time and locking myself in the pantry.

I may just stick to vaping, it's not a bad hobby to have and I never ever run out of dope thanks to using less to get more effects.

Hey Doober, have you tried dry herb vaping? It could save you loads of cash in the long run?
No haven't thought of that. I don't need a volcano, a pen can probably be bought cheap. I'd try it.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning ☀️
IMG_3316.jpeg
IMG_3317.jpeg
IMG_3311.jpeg
IMG_3312.jpeg
Old farts>>> Australian genetics grown in New York State at the moment…

imiubu

View attachment 19037349
Good Morn'in - to all the OF's - I'm in a lovely 😍 English country garden - over a friend's place - enjoying a cool summer morning 🌄 - where a sleeping Buddha is hiding under the foliage -
View attachment 19037351
What a beautiful place and beautiful face :)
Looking mighty fine for an old duffer ;)

The before surgery pix you've shared compared
to this photo show such a remarkable recovery.

Your color is up and you look divinely healthy.
No more sickly pallor! Whoop whoop!

Congratulations for regaining your health and
a new fervor for life over all.

imiubu

I may be one of those folks with absolutely NO tolerance for edibles.
They make me shake like a greyhound taking a dump in the Arctic.
I've a healthy tolerance for dabs and flower, but eating the stuff.... nooooo way.

I've made RSO with any dope that's gone a bit too dry after being vacuum sealed in the fridge for a few years and passed it on to my pal who uses it for med patients. I tried a small "grain of rice" as recommended by most and it was the most uncomfortable feeling in the world. Wide awake shaking all night kinda thing. Took a good 36 hours to feel even remotely square in myself and feel like leaving the house.

I've had similar when I've had a weak batch of mushrooms and haven't quite got to the point of being high, the come up starts and then I don't reach the peak and am stuck in an awful anxiety loop for 3 hours.
I was wondering if that is the same as with the RSO? Did I need more or do I need to just stay away from the stuff?

Someone recommended shoving it up my ass to avoid my liver, but that could be a bit messy.

I have about 15-20 ounce here ready to be ISO washed too so I may try licking the spoon next time and locking myself in the pantry.

I may just stick to vaping, it's not a bad hobby to have and I never ever run out of dope thanks to using less to get more effects.

Hey Doober, have you tried dry herb vaping? It could save you loads of cash in the long run?
I make capsule w/ infused coconut oil.
These capsules do not effect me negatively
as do the 'edibles'. My girlfriend may have
put the effects most succinctly: "they give
you an overall sense of well being".
That's it exactly.

Now... I have another pal who makes the
very most fantastic 'medicated' peanut butter
fudge that knocks me for a loop every single time.
I cannot function and eventually have to go sleep it off.
Feeling groggy for hours even after a nap.

All 'edibles' effect me in this same fashion every time.

I am wondering now if it has something to do with the
sugar used to make brownies/ cookies/ fudge/ gummies etc.?

I've used trim/ bud/ qwiso and RSO to make my capsules
all with the same 'over all sense of well being' resulting.
Give me a brownie/ fudge/ hard candy etc., and I'm wiped out :unsure:

imiubu

Foods like canned soups and virtually anything made by Kraft are all highly processed and loaded with things that aren't good for people trying to maintain good heart health. What you want to focus on are things made from whole foods that you cook yourself so you know exactly what is going into it.

On the opium question and your need for ice hash I have a suggestion for you but you won't like it. In fact you'll probably hate it. You should maybe consider taking a break for a few weks to a month from all flower, hash, kief, etc. Your fondness for that Ice Hash has spoiled you such that regular flowers don't satisfy you and if you can't get your hash fix it makes you start to wonder about other drugs you've done in the past. That 70 THC concentration of the Ice Hash has got your tolerance so jacked that other things don't do it for you. If you could manage to stop getting high on anything for a month your tolerance should drop back down and you would hopefully find that just regular flowers does the trick for you again. I know, even just the thought of not catching a buzz for a month sucks and seems like it would be impossible but if you're going to be on a steady diet of concentrates like Ice Hash it's virtually a necessity to give your tolerance a chance to return to normal every so often.
Agree on both points.

When I take a break from herb, as I do regularly, I find that it 'resets' my ??.
My mind may think... I wanna get high... HOWEVER; I am not driven to it by
any type of 'addiction' and quitting for a while personally, just make sense.
I found that I actually enjoy being sober for a while and even at different
points in life... for extended periods. It is rather 'freeing' :)

imiubu

Good morning :)

Guess I best get myself around and out the door.

Added to what is already on my list of 'to do's' while out
and about is; to stop by my bank.

I received an email that states that the bank got notice
from USPS that I have changed my address. HUH?

So, I suppose now an unplanned trip in to the bank
is added to the itinerary, sigh.
Probably also a trip to USPS.

It's cold and rainy and I only wanted to sit around in my pj's.
OH well... gotta get er done :)

Ever onward folks :)

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning :)

Guess I best get myself around and out the door.

Added to what is already on my list of 'to do's' while out
and about is; to stop by my bank.

I received an email that states that the bank got notice
from USPS that I have changed my address. HUH?

So, I suppose now an unplanned trip in to the bank
is added to the itinerary, sigh.
Probably also a trip to USPS.

It's cold and rainy and I only wanted to sit around in my pj's.
OH well... gotta get er done :)

Ever onward folks :)
That may be a scam.

Latest posts

Latest posts