What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
@Putembk the lemon Betty TK outside plant is really gonna be tall. I didn’t top it cause it felt so good to have no limits but she’s climbing like Jack and the beanstalk
IMG_0243.jpeg

my weed plants are noticeable to my neighbor now. He said they were looking good when I was out in the yard yesterday. They are catching up from planting late this year but so far are looking healthy.

the other plants look the same too
IMG_0244.jpeg

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Hey guys hope all is well with you old farts not sure im old enough to be here :biggrin: but hey living is for living so they say and ive been told theres a few old fishermen here so just thought id drop a link into this thread as sooner or later maybes i will become an old fart but for now im still young at heart a whippersnapper some would say :ROFLMAO::biggrin: but getting there not far behind a few of you and probablys ahead of some of you ,, anyhow heres a couple of photos for you fishermen or fisherwomen included link too.

View attachment 19036657 View attachment 19036658 View attachment 19036659
Mmmm - luvverly jubberly - me and Mrs Nirvana ❤️ luvs - some nice oily mackerel - and @DARKSIDER has said he's sending me a box 📦 fulla them this week - since he's on the same island 🏝 as me - and I was thinking they were from The North Sea - but turns out that they are Atlantic 🐟 fishy's - I'll tell her when she gets back from work in an hour - that'll cheer her up fersure!

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
@Putembk the lemon Betty TK outside plant is really gonna be tall. I didn’t top it cause it felt so good to have no limits but she’s climbing like Jack and the beanstalk
View attachment 19036704
my weed plants are noticeable to my neighbor now. He said they were looking good when I was out in the yard yesterday. They are catching up from planting late this year but so far are looking healthy.

the other plants look the same too
View attachment 19036706
Imagine that in a tent. Looking good Subby. Like I said....that is an outdoor plant.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Not any more, the way things stand, mmmm, maybe should use a different word than stand.

At one time in my life I couldn't possibly imagine being celibate, I mean the world might as well have ended. Funny how some drugs make you frisky while others diminish the urge.
The choices we have to make in life.
I have the same issues. Prostate meds change your life.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
good oil and great smoked
Fatty fish, such as salmon and mackerel, are better than leaner, white fish, such as mahi mahi or flounder, as fatty fish contain essential omega-3 fatty acids and fat-soluble nutrients the body can absorb, explains Gomer. Adults should eat at least 8 ounces of fish per week based on a 2,000-calorie diet, according to the FDA.

7 Healthiest Fish to Eat, According to Experts​

The healthiest fish to eat are those that contain plenty of nutrients while containing little to no mercury, a potential risk with certain types of fish.

“Think SMASH—sardines, mackerel, anchovies, salmon and herring—when choosing the healthiest fish to eat,” says Amanda Sauceda, a registered dietitian and founder of The Mindful Gut, a nutritional guidance company in Long Beach, California.

To help you choose, below are seven of the healthiest fish to eat, according to experts.

1. Sardines​

“Sardines are one of the healthiest fish to eat because they’re very high in omega-3s,” says Gomer. “Sardines are eaten with the bone in, so they have calcium, and because they’re so little, they haven’t had a chance to acquire mercury,” she adds. Sardines are inexpensive and can be purchased in a tin in water or olive oil, with or without salt, says Gomer.

2. Mackerel​

Mackerel is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, says Sauceda. As an oily fish, mackerel is also a good source of vitamin D. Fried mackerel is higher in carbohydrates and sugars but lower in protein than canned, grilled, baked or broiled mackerel, according to data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).

3. Anchovies​

Anchovies are another type of fatty fish that are high in omega-3s. Anchovies provide large amounts of calcium, phosphorus (a mineral needed to make energy in the body) and potassium.

4. Salmon​

A popular oily fish, salmon is chock-full of nutrients including omega-3s, protein, potassium, vitamin D, vitamin E and several B vitamins. Tinned salmon contains bones, which is an added source of calcium and phosphorus.

5. Herring​

Herring is another oily fish that is an excellent source of omega-3s and vitamin D, as well as selenium and vitamin B12, a vitamin essential for the body’s central nervous system health and for making white blood cells, red blood cells and platelets. “The advantage of herring is that it is a wild caught fish (not farmed),” says Gomer. “The other huge advantage is that the issue of wild caught fish with mercury is much less of a problem in small fish (like sardines and herring).”

6. Trout​

Trout is another oily fish that’s high in omega-3s and a good source of vitamin D, as well as potassium and phosphorous. Fried trout has higher levels of fat and carbohydrates and less protein than when grilled or steamed.

7. Tuna​

Although not an oily fish, tuna is still a healthy choice thanks to the omega-3s, iodine and taurine (an amino acid that contributes to cellular structure, controls bleeding, reduces blood pressure and more) this fish contains.

The healthiest version of tuna is canned light, including skipjack tuna. Albacore and yellowfin tuna are also good choices, but it’s recommended to avoid bigeye tuna due to high mercury level risk, according to the FDA.

oldmaninbc

I’m hoping Mother Nature is good to me so she grows nice. PM, cats and budrot have been known to kill plants in my area.
Good day to you Sub🌻

Back in the days of growing in the wild, there was so many things to damage or annihilate your plants. It took years of learning to minimize the risks. Even then, the percentage of getting it all harvested was 50/50.
In my mind outdoor grown cannabis is superior in effect. The flavor of indoor is better.

I hope you have a grand harvest.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
Yeah, just saw that on the “news”…I stand corrected… I just don’t understand how things can go the way they’ve been going for years. This shit has been happening forever, but I don’t think we’re gonna get a second chance with this situation… We’re going to poke China one more time and that’s all she wrote…

oldmaninbc

I really love salmon is probably my favorite fish but I don’t trust it. All we get is farmed salmon and I hear nothing but bad about it….
Oh lord, mention farm salmon here in BC and don't be sure how the conversation is going to go.

The farmed salmon industry has invested big money in promoting itself.
The wild salmon advocates will quickly tell you of the dangers farmed salmon can cause.

I would have nothing against the fish farms if they did it on land, I still wouldn't buy farmed over wild.