What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Hey I'm 5% Welsh!
My Mum's family are all from Wales - and I used to love my Grandma's sing-song Welsh accent - they come from the Rhondda Valley area of South Wales - where coal mining used to be prevalent - so most of the men worked down the mines 100 years ago - then the Great Depression forced my Grandpa to move to Chessington in South London (Surrey) - and he joined The Royal Artillery Regiment - and was sent out to India - when it was a British colony initially - then later was in the British Expeditionary Force in France before WW2 - then the Nazi's chased them out of France via Dunkirk - and he was then sent to North Africa and fought at El Alamain - then was at the Anzio landings in Italy - where the British and Americans started the long haul of chasing the Nazi's out of Italy - but he got injured by shrapnel - and had to be sent back to England - to recover in a hospital - we did visit Wales a few times over the years - and the people/family we met were all good people -

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
My Mum's family are all from Wales - and I used to love my Grandma's sing-song Welsh accent - they come from the Rhondda Valley area of South Wales - where coal mining used to be prevalent - so most of the men worked down the mines 100 years ago - then the Great Depression forced my Grandpa to move to Chessington in South London (Surrey) - and he joined The Royal Artillery Regiment - and was sent out to India - when it was a British colony initially - then later was in the British Expeditionary Force in France before WW2 - then the Nazi's chased them out of France via Dunkirk - and he was then sent to North Africa and fought at El Alamain - then was at the Anzio landings in Italy - where the British and Americans started the long haul of chasing the Nazi's out of Italy - but he got injured by shrapnel - and had to be sent back to England - to recover in a hospital - we did visit Wales a few times over the years - and the people/family we met were all good people -
Yeah I get a good vibe about Wales. I did my ancestry DNA for like $100 and it said I was 25% Scotland 20% England 5% Wales. I like the history of Wales. Would be nice to visit someday. Never been to the UK

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
your donation of spare vowels are desperately needed by the welsh,even just one "u" can feed a welsh family for an entire day!

1721658615452.jpeg

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Ok here I go with the spiracy........lolz.
A twitter post to dropout?
No Obama endorsement for Harris?
No public word from JB?
No cabinet meeting since last year?
I think there is a coupe going on very quietly being done by the uniparty to all of us not just the democrats.
The uniparty seems to be actively taking control as there is no pushback on the other side to speak of.
While coincidence does occur in nature I do not trust in it when it comes to humans all that much.
🙃

oldmaninbc

Hey Gray Wolf -- This picture is exactly where I have been when I was a little kid. At feeding time, the fluffy things all rush at once to the yummy bin -- thereby pinning a waist-deep, giggling 9-year old into a happy, jostling maze.

Experience tells me that doggie is truly having a ton of fun. Animated pillows. In no way do they intimidate a kid.
View attachment 19036543
Good day Unca Walt, from my experience farm/ranch dogs take the jobs quite serious. In their minds this is what I do , lets get at it.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Gray Wolf -- This picture is exactly where I have been when I was a little kid. At feeding time, the fluffy things all rush at once to the yummy bin -- thereby pinning a waist-deep, giggling 9-year old into a happy, jostling maze.

Experience tells me that doggie is truly having a ton of fun. Animated pillows. In no way do they intimidate a kid.
View attachment 19036543
I'll bet that was neat! As close to that as I can remember grwing up, was litters of puppies:

Pile o puppies.jpg

I’ve invested so much money in gadgets harnesses collars even this electric dog whistle thing. I too can’t use a slip collar or Arlo would choke himself to death. A harness even a front buckle for pulling harness does not help. I finally found this collar called a pinch collar that he does respond to and as long as he is good which is most of the time, he is comfortable but once he gets excited about seeing his friends, he redirects his attention to me as it’s not comfortable and he knows I control that. It doesn’t get tight enough to choke him like a slip collar would but does remind him that I’m in charge.
View attachment 19036574
I know it looks dangerous but it works and we have better walks. I can’t afford being pulled down in the street too many more times without breaking something.
That is exactly what we ended up using to control Bodhi, a mixed GSD and something huge with floppy ears that drooled, who we rescued as his third and last chance.

They reputedly mimic a mother's disciplinary bite.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They prolly had to drain it cause that guy that likes to sit backwards in the seats was in there too long.
‘So that’s not an ass brush 🤣😂🤣🤪
It is actually a long handled back scrub brush, with bristles on both sides, but I suppose it could be used as an ass brush.

It would scrub both cheeks at the same time and the long handle would come in handy for longer cracks, or indeed if a more in-depth scrub is required.

oldmaninbc

My cats told me first thing this morning it was time to take the cat boxes out dump them hose them down and start over. They're happier than a pig in you know what now
Good day to you Mr.Pute, a happy cat makes for a happy household.

Otherwise, you might get the "LOOK"or you might get the, "I'll turn my head away and ignore you" or heaven forbid I'm gonna have to come over there and smack some sense into you.

Have a good day Pute:)

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey I'm 5% Welsh!
Both sides of my dad's family were Welch, with my mother being mostly English and German.
Arlo has had his pinch collar for about a month now. It only took the first walk for him to get use to it. He weighs a bit over 60 Lbs. still small enough to do lap dog but big enough to pull me down. I have been lucky not to have hurt myself worse than I have after falling in the street already three times with him. I had to do something and am glad this works. I put the collar on only for walks and we let them run at the park off leash most mornings playing a little fetch before heading home.

and I definitely thought that was an ass brush and was totally impressed as well 🤣
I had never considered it as an ass brush, but after your suggestion look forward to trying it for that purpose.

Lawrd knows that besides my efforts to keep my nethers squeaky clean, I do have more luxurious, albeit unruly hair growing there as I've aged, begging to be groomed. No question of left, right, or center part there.

oldmaninbc

It is actually a long handled back scrub brush, with bristles on both sides, but I suppose it could be used as an ass brush.

It would scrub both cheeks at the same time and the long handle would come in handy for longer cracks, or indeed if a more in-depth scrub is required.
Good day GW, I am fine with the brush and the other gadgets mentioned but the cross species sex. I feel sorry for the fowl being humped by a sex crazed dog:) That poor bird will need to visit your lavatory for treatment.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
Both sides of my dad's family were Welch, with my mother being mostly English and German.

I had never considered it as an ass brush, but after your suggestion look forward to trying it for that purpose.

Lawrd knows that besides my efforts to keep my nethers squeaky clean, I do have more luxurious, albeit unruly hair growing there as I've aged, begging to be groomed. No question of left, right, or center part there.
shave it off brother, feel the freedom of slick ballz and willie... ;)

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I thought it was a ass brush as well and I was super impressed.
😁
Neck collars of appropriate width for the weignt and power of the animal for contol here as well.
I have seen countless incidents that involve smaller,weaker people and big dogs out of control due to body harnesses.
Get a good lead and collar and learn how to use them and the walks will be better for all involved.
Non aggressive dogs not really a issue other than being a pita with aggressive dogs it will save you a lawsuit and your dogs life.........dogs that bite get put down usually.
I wasn't as quick to see it's possibilities, having never used an ass brush, but see a lot of opportunity now that ya'll enlighten me brother dog.

We were literally the third and last chance for Bodhi, who had spent much of his five and a half years in a rescue shelter. I weigh in at 190lbs and he pulled me down and dragged me once.

That is when I went to a pinch collar, and which saved his life. If we had returned him to the shelter, he would have been put down.

It took about a year and a lot of patients working with him to calm him down and unfortunately, he only lived about another year after that before succumbing to prostate cancer.

oldmaninbc

I use to live by a lake, one day when I was out on the water, I watched a Bald Eagle attack a Blue Heron. The eagle came down on top of the heron and sent it spiraling out of control. The heron regained itself and started flying for the surface of the water, it glided along the surface of the lake and the eagle gave up the kill.

It was as if the heron knew exactly what to do to escape the eagle.

Good day to you Dime

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
I wasn't as quick to see it's possibilities, having never used an ass brush, but see a lot of opportunity now that ya'll enlighten me brother dog.

We were literally the third and last chance for Bodhi, who had spent much of his five and a half years in a rescue shelter. I weigh in at 190lbs and he pulled me down and dragged me once.

That is when I went to a pinch collar, and which saved his life. If we had returned him to the shelter, he would have been put down.

It took about a year and a lot of patients working with him to calm him down and unfortunately, he only lived about another year after that before succumbing to prostate cancer.
I saw a man who had had a stroke recently get dragged by his malamute for several hundred feet before I could stop the truck and get to them.
He went to the hospital and the dog went with me until I found a appropriate owner for him with the old ones permission.
At least there wasn't a dogfight at the end I have seen that a bunch as well.

Latest posts

Latest posts