What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Unca Walt

420club
I haven't caught up ten pages or so yet. But I just gotta pass this on 'cause it is so kewl.

I was outside just now, lookin' up at the full-moon buttermilk sky... and I noticed an odd silhouette; it looked like an elongated witch's broom was stuck horizontally on my chimney about a half a foot from the top. Then I noticed what looked like a large sleeping chicken on top of my chimney.

It was Lumpy (AKA: Fancy Pants) -- He has found a new roost away from the big pine tree in my front yard/jungle where he has roosted for 15 years.

Lumpy is now so named becuz he busted his foot. But since he did that last year, I kinda figger he is a normal member of the Sneakydicker Fambly: we have all been wounded, but seemingly cannot be kilt that easily atall.

Unca Walt

420club
I love birds. We have tons of them here. Right now a bunch of crows taking over but I like them too. I keep a bird feeder and see a lot of colorful birds stopping to eat but I don’t know much about them. I do like the mocking birds we have. They have a million songs. Sometimes I whistle back at them and we talk bird together 🙃
Ohdeah. I do the same. I have a squirrel-proof bird feeder that gets emptied daily by woodpeckies, bluebirds by the pound, blackbirds ditto, tweeny weeny buntings, mockingbirds** and clumsy doves.

The ground birds are mostly doves. There are two crows (Jimmy and Jinny) that I can call in for in-shell peanuts. They are quite polite, and will not disturb squirrels, blue jays, or whatever is carrying off all the peanuts I've scattered. When everyone else is finally busy flying off of whacking at the shells, they will tiptoe in and grab a peanut and fly off to their post.

Long noses (Ibis) are common here. Going along, poking inna ground...

**Ever since I was a kid, mockingbirds were called "Zeroes" like the Japanese fighter planes because of their wing markings in flight.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Gorgeous here at 57F and predicted to reach 77F.

A loud thunderstorm here yesterday morning. A couple of heavy ground strikes within five miles of here, shaking the house and scaring the pup.

An empty calendar today so will be seeking joy and amazement the old fashion way.,

Unca Walt

420club
Hey Gray Wolf -- This picture is exactly where I have been when I was a little kid. At feeding time, the fluffy things all rush at once to the yummy bin -- thereby pinning a waist-deep, giggling 9-year old into a happy, jostling maze.

Experience tells me that doggie is truly having a ton of fun. Animated pillows. In no way do they intimidate a kid.
1721651097761.png

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
You might want to consider these feeders they have out now with a wireless camera built into them. I imagine they work on the same principle as trail cameras being maybe motion activated and taking a snapshot and/or a brief video which is then sent to an app on a phone and/or stored on a MicroSD card locally. I've seen them promoted on Amazon from time to time and thought they might be interesting for some cool bird pics but at around $150 it's just too expensive for my level of interest in bird watching. There may be cheaper options elsewhere though.
I’ve always wanted a trail cam as we have tons of wildlife where I live even tho I consider it city life compared to where I use to live. We live on the lake tributary so we get many birds and animals that we didn’t get in Georgia in the middle of a tree farm. My neighbor catches all kinds of stuff on their doorbell cam which we don’t have either but she sent me a clip of a cute raccoon family munching on the pumpkins I gave her last year for her front porch. I’m not a big enough fan I guess of the birds to invest the cool bird app and camera you speak of but I can see where it would be really fun for those that were inquisitive to who was visiting their birdfeeders.

BumSplodgeBrownPants

Howdy OFs. Hope you’re all feelin groovy today.

I upset myself by getting on those damn bathroom scales this morning. So the pupster got an extra long lunchtime walk. I need to move more and eat less. Dagnabbit.

IMG_4199.jpeg

The naughty one is on his lead because when he sees another dog in the distance on the beach, he’s off to make friends and I cannot get him back.
His training at home is perfect. Perfect recall, stays when told. But as soon as there’s a sniff of a bit of fun with another puppy, I don’t exist. 😂

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Nightshift coming on glad we are cooling down some this was a brutal summer.
😝
View attachment 19036437
Total happy go lucky attitude until he thinks there's a threat then it's bigboy time, male energy.
View attachment 19036438
More worried about it more manic and needy always thinks there's a threat but super sweet and loving, female energy.
View attachment 19036439
Both stand well over 30" at the shoulders and can nose bump my nipples with all four feet on the ground.
The guy who bred them was over yesterday and we both conclude hybrid vigor is at play.
😂
I would like to see more of these type dogs and am looking at some others now.
It’s funny hearing you say that the brutal summer is finally ending when we have a couple more months of super hot and humid ahead of us here in Virginia.
‘Your doggos are beautiful. I’m so glad you post them. My doodles are very tall too and can hug my neck on their back feet. It’s amazing how long they are when they stretch out but can still find space in their small favorite puppy places like Bubba’s bathtub. He will always be able to squeeze in there. 😂