What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Good morning brothers and sisters! View attachment 19036522 View attachment 19036523

Gorgeous here at 57F and predicted to reach 77F.

A loud thunderstorm here yesterday morning. A couple of heavy ground strikes within five miles of here, shaking the house and scaring the pup.

An empty calendar today so will be seeking joy and amazement the old fashion way.,
Good morning GW. It’s raining here too. Was suppose to get my new front door installed but they cancelled because of the weather and rescheduled for Thursday morning. The weatherman said there is a 50% chance on Thursday so I’m not banking on it causing more disappointment. I told them I have a covered porch but they must be made of sugar and thought they would melt. Oh well got that outta my system (accept the things you cannot change…)
‘You use that cold water and giant brush this morning? 🤪

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Howdy OFs. Hope you’re all feelin groovy today.

I upset myself by getting on those damn bathroom scales this morning. So the pupster got an extra long lunchtime walk. I need to move more and eat less. Dagnabbit.

View attachment 19036553
The naughty one is on his lead because when he sees another dog in the distance on the beach, he’s off to make friends and I cannot get him back.
His training at home is perfect. Perfect recall, stays when told. But as soon as there’s a sniff of a bit of fun with another puppy, I don’t exist. 😂
That’s my biggest problem with Arlo on our walks. He’s a really good boy until he sees his friends k-nine or humans that like to pet him… I had to buy a special collar for him so I can get his attention at those times or he will pull me down in the street with excitement.

BumSplodgeBrownPants

That’s my biggest problem with Arlo on our walks. He’s a really good boy until he sees his friends k-nine or humans that like to pet him… I had to buy a special collar for him so I can get his attention at those times or he will pull me down in the street with excitement.
We have a halti headcollar for this one, but because of his overbite and his jowely nature, I think it stifles his breathing. He's a sheepdog with a huge tongue for cooling himself down, these headcollars clam their muzzles shut when they pull.

I'm happier with him on a harness I can grab and hold. He doesn't even wear a collar, he had kennel cough as a pup and if I have a slip lead or collar on him and he pulls, he starts retching and coughing.

But hopefully his puppyness will wane as he grows... He's nearly 3 now so another 7 years maybe???
He's golden on his morning walk down the lane where he is allowed to go find his friends if he smells them, but the beach... oooh boy, that's just 100% naughtyness for him. 😂

BumSplodgeBrownPants

Howdy OFs. Hope you’re all feelin groovy today.

I upset myself by getting on those damn bathroom scales this morning. So the pupster got an extra long lunchtime walk. I need to move more and eat less. Dagnabbit.

View attachment 19036553
The naughty one is on his lead because when he sees another dog in the distance on the beach, he’s off to make friends and I cannot get him back.
His training at home is perfect. Perfect recall, stays when told. But as soon as there’s a sniff of a bit of fun with another puppy, I don’t exist. 😂
That hill in the background is Pen Dinas. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pen_Dinas

The monument got hit by lightning a few months ago and needs some TLC. Our council will probably have a million meetings about it before finally getting it fixed in 2057.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning GW. It’s raining here too. Was suppose to get my new front door installed but they cancelled because of the weather and rescheduled for Thursday morning. The weatherman said there is a 50% chance on Thursday so I’m not banking on it causing more disappointment. I told them I have a covered porch but they must be made of sugar and thought they would melt. Oh well got that outta my system (accept the things you cannot change…)
‘You use that cold water and giant brush this morning? 🤪
Good morning SG!
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif
bigarmhug.gif

I used the hose about three times this morning so far, but didn't use the back brush because I showered at the gym this morning.

Alas the Jacuzzi was broken down indefinitely pending repair parts...................................

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
We have a halti headcollar for this one, but because of his overbite and his jowely nature, I think it stifles his breathing. He's a sheepdog with a huge tongue for cooling himself down, these headcollars clam their muzzles shut when they pull.

I'm happier with him on a harness I can grab and hold. He doesn't even wear a collar, he had kennel cough as a pup and if I have a slip lead or collar on him and he pulls, he starts retching and coughing.

But hopefully his puppyness will wane as he grows... He's nearly 3 now so another 7 years maybe???
He's golden on his morning walk down the lane where he is allowed to go find his friends if he smells them, but the beach... oooh boy, that's just 100% naughtyness for him. 😂
I’ve invested so much money in gadgets harnesses collars even this electric dog whistle thing. I too can’t use a slip collar or Arlo would choke himself to death. A harness even a front buckle for pulling harness does not help. I finally found this collar called a pinch collar that he does respond to and as long as he is good which is most of the time, he is comfortable but once he gets excited about seeing his friends, he redirects his attention to me as it’s not comfortable and he knows I control that. It doesn’t get tight enough to choke him like a slip collar would but does remind him that I’m in charge.
IMG_0242.jpeg

I know it looks dangerous but it works and we have better walks. I can’t afford being pulled down in the street too many more times without breaking something.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Good morning SG! View attachment 19036572 View attachment 19036573

I used the hose about three times this morning so far, but didn't use the back brush because I showered at the gym this morning.

Alas the Jacuzzi was broken down indefinitely pending repair parts...................................
They prolly had to drain it cause that guy that likes to sit backwards in the seats was in there too long.
‘So that’s not an ass brush 🤣😂🤣🤪

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
I thought it was a ass brush as well and I was super impressed.
😁
Neck collars of appropriate width for the weignt and power of the animal for contol here as well.
I have seen countless incidents that involve smaller,weaker people and big dogs out of control due to body harnesses.
Get a good lead and collar and learn how to use them and the walks will be better for all involved.
Non aggressive dogs not really a issue other than being a pita with aggressive dogs it will save you a lawsuit and your dogs life.........dogs that bite get put down usually.

BumSplodgeBrownPants

I’ve invested so much money in gadgets harnesses collars even this electric dog whistle thing. I too can’t use a slip collar or Arlo would choke himself to death. A harness even a front buckle for pulling harness does not help. I finally found this collar called a pinch collar that he does respond to and as long as he is good which is most of the time, he is comfortable but once he gets excited about seeing his friends, he redirects his attention to me as it’s not comfortable and he knows I control that. It doesn’t get tight enough to choke him like a slip collar would but does remind him that I’m in charge.
View attachment 19036574
I know it looks dangerous but it works and we have better walks. I can’t afford being pulled down in the street too many more times without breaking something.
That collar looks like something I may see in one of them "sex" shops... 😁

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
I thought it was a ass brush as well and I was super impressed.
😁
Neck collars of appropriate width for the weignt and power of the animal for contol here as well.
I have seen countless incidents that involve smaller,weaker people and big dogs out of control due to body harnesses.
Get a good lead and collar and learn how to use them and the walks will be better for all involved.
Non aggressive dogs not really an issue other than being a pita with aggressive dogs it will save you a lawsuit and your dogs life.........dogs that bite get put down usually.
Arlo has had his pinch collar for about a month now. It only took the first walk for him to get use to it. He weighs a bit over 60 Lbs. still small enough to do lap dog but big enough to pull me down. I have been lucky not to have hurt myself worse than I have after falling in the street already three times with him. I had to do something and am glad this works. I put the collar on only for walks and we let them run at the park off leash most mornings playing a little fetch before heading home.

and I definitely thought that was an ass brush and was totally impressed as well 🤣

Latest posts

Latest posts