What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldmaninbc

I remember that one.
In the rugged wilderness of British Columbia, nestled deep within the ancient forests where towering pines whispered tales of ages past, lived an old man named oldmaninbc. oldmaninbc was a weathered soul, his face etched with lines of countless stories, his hands calloused from years spent in harmony with nature.

One crisp autumn morning, as the golden leaves danced their farewell waltz from the trees, oldmaninbc set out on his usual trek through the wilds. Armed only with his seasoned wit and a trusty nail file tucked into his pocket, he ambled along a well-worn trail that wound through thickets and across babbling brooks.

Suddenly, a thunderous roar shattered the tranquil symphony of the woods. oldmaninbc froze, his keen eyes scanning the underbrush. There, amidst a patch of berry bushes, loomed a massive grizzly bear, its fur a testament to its dominance in these untamed lands.

Heart pounding but mind steady, he remembered an old trick passed down from his father—a trick born of necessity in a land where danger lurked behind every rustling leaf. With the steady grace of a man who knew the forest's every secret, he slowly withdrew his nail file.

The bear, sensing a challenge, bellowed again and charged with the fury of nature itself. oldmaninbc stood his ground, his weathered face a mask of determination. In the fleeting moment before the bear reached him, oldmaninbc lunged forward with surprising agility, driving the nail file into a vulnerable spot between the bear's ribs.

The beast roared in pain and confusion, momentarily stunned by this unexpected defiance. In that crucial instant, oldmaninbc swiftly dodged aside, letting the bear's own momentum carry it past him and into the bushes. The grizzly, wounded and disoriented, thrashed through the undergrowth before retreating deeper into the wilderness.

oldmaninbc stood there, adrenaline still coursing through his veins, a testament to the resilience of a man who had faced the wild with nothing but his wits. Slowly, he straightened up and continued on his way, the nail file now a symbol of survival and a tale to be shared around the crackling fires of the village.

And so, in the heart of British Columbia's untamed wilderness, the legend of the old man who took down a grizzly bear with a fingernail file was born—a testament to the indomitable spirit of those who call the wild their home.
The memories of it all, I am overwhelmed and grateful for having survived such an encounter. But please, I am humble and not inclined for praise. I acknowledge your words with gratitude.

Since that time Grizz and I shared some some forest fungi🐻😍and all is well and past animosity has been replaced by the sharing of🍔🥪🍦
1721419119753.png

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
My mom's maiden name was Huffine, so I have some insight to the crazy people and learned enough German to get along when I was doing business there. I always used a translator for serious discussions and haven't used it since, so have lost most of it.

Ist Ihre Vorfahrengeschichte Deutsche?
I took Spanish in the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 10th and freshman year in college. I can only speak un poco now days. If I go to Mexico for vacation I pick it back up fairly quick. However people in Mexico hoblo muy rapidamente....and it is hard to understand.

jokerman

Premium user
The memories of it all, I am overwhelmed and grateful for having survived such an encounter. But please, I am humble and not inclined for praise. I acknowledge your words with gratitude.

Since that time Grizz and I shared some some forest fungi🐻😍and all is well and past animosity has been replaced by the sharing of🍔🥪🍦
View attachment 19035195
Damm. to quote Frank Zappa "And my Momma cried☝️"

oldmaninbc

I hope you talk to your son often and with joy, old man 👍
Was just recently talking with my son about a return trip to Echo Lake, rent a couple of cabins side by side and enjoy a long weekend getaway. Have fun with the grandkids, do some fishing, a canoe ride with my sweetie.
Will have to wait until such time they(gov't) are permitting campfires. As there is a province wide ban on campfires. My son and family tend to spend a lot of time out of country too. I love the evening campfire; a piece of special cookie, snacks and all the laughter and fun I can handle.

Plus we have to take into account, they have two fulltime jobs, two children, their home and they have rental properties. It will take some planning but very doable. It's only a 2 1/2 hour drive for us but a 12-13 hr drive from Calgary where they live. Unless they visited with his mom first and she lives a couple hours from here. This is something I would really look forward to.

Take care DB

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I took Spanish in the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 10th and freshman year in college. I can only speak un poco now days. If I go to Mexico for vacation I pick it back up fairly quick. However people in Mexico hoblo muy rapidamente....and it is hard to understand.
Back in the hoary days of yore in a small town in Oklahoma, Spanish wasn't offered until my senior year in high school and you had to take two years to get credit, so I passed.

Grayfox studied Spanish and says the same thing about not understanding it when they speak fast, as well as use or lose it.

Last edited:

oldmaninbc

Back from today's excursion. Slam bam thank you mam. Traffic was not only bad but scary. I have been retired to long.....can't keep up with today's traffic pace. I was in the way.....What the farg is the hurry.

giphy.webp
That's why we stay home on long weekends. Some of them on the road have a death wish.

But you made it and your safe, possibly a few more wrinkles and gray hair.

BudToaster

Veteran
I'm cutting out fat and sugar and I should be at normal levels within 6 months
yes, cut sugar, no don't cut fat. in fact, healthy fat is recommended. carnivore diet would be even better to eliminate crap. also, no seed oils - which were actually invented as machine lubricant.

just my opinion. i have gone keto - more mediterranean these days. look at keto videos on YT.

oldmaninbc

Back in the hoary days of yore in a small town in Oklahoma, Spanish wasn't offered until my senior year in high school and you had to take two years to get credit, so I passed.

Grayfox studied Spanish and says the same thing about not understanding it when they speak fast, as well as use or lose it.
Here French is part of the school curriculum, my sister took it for many years. When she entered university to be a vet, she went to France as an exchange student to work on a pig farm . She said she could not understand their French nor could they understand hers. She managed to get through her summer there and enjoyed herself.

Latest posts

Latest posts