What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldmaninbc

Are they dark meat and greasy like duck or goose?
No, not at all, if anything they can be dry. You do not want to overcook grouse. That's why I like the breast meat for a stir fry.

Growing up with my grandparents eating goose at Christmas was the usual. I like goose more so than duck.
If I was to cook a goose I would poke many holes into the flesh to allow the fats an out. Otherwise it can be too greasy. Turkey seems to be the dominant poultry available these days.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
See.........now I do not understand living around something like that.
I would feel compelled to put a couple in its brainpan as well if I walked outside and there it was.......just too much of a threat.
Scary as fuck!
Scarier than that is a picture of its last hiker victim that tried to defend himself with a 38 Special revolver. I would post what is left of his body, but it would be inappropriate.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
One of the things that really throws me off with the dressing of an animal/bird is the smell. It make me want to vomit. That's why I quit raising chickens for meat. I'll let someone else do it. Some folks just love the flavor of wild game, I tend to find it strong. Food is very subjective but so are many things.

Blue Grouse are meatier than some.
I prefer chicken and fish. Just my taste....

oldmaninbc

Scarier than that is a picture of its last hiker victim that tried to defend himself with a 38 Special revolver. I would post what is left of his body, but it would be inappropriate.
Sometimes with bear attacks It wouldn't matter the caliber size of your gun, bears can seem to come out of nowhere. I have seen stories where the hunter didn't even have time to draw their weapon. Then you get the occasional person who kills a bear with a knife. Go figure.

oldmaninbc

I would use it on myself before I shot that monster with a 38........wouldn't even make a dent in that skull.
You got that right, a 38 would make the angry bear even angrier.

I kind of recall back east where I grew up when the police switched from 38s to 9mm. Apparently when the police were trying to stop an escaping criminal, their 38s wouldn't stop the escapee when they tried shooting him through the cars windshield. That's kind of the way I remember it.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
You got that right, a 38 would make the angry bear even angrier.

I kind of recall back east where I grew up when the police switched from 38s to 9mm. Apparently when the police were trying to stop an escaping criminal, their 38s wouldn't stop the escapee when they tried shooting him through the cars windshield. That's kind of the way I remember it.
That's the story but I suspect the reality was they just wanted the semiauto over the revolver.
17 or 6..........easy for me in that place.
🤔

Latest posts

Latest posts