What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
DSC-0409.jpg

New trimming shears should be in today I sure hope they are all that and then some.
Motorized bowl trimmer is next if not my hands just won't do the scissor shit any more.

Unca Walt

420club
OHHH-KAY!!

Whut a fargin circus -- Scooter was here visiting from Oregon for this last week. So at 4PM yestiddy, I drove him to the Airplane Patch to catch his 7pm flight.

We go home through mizzable traffic, and had just decided that we were both too tired to have dinner (just eat a quick sammich)... When our phone rang.

It was Scotty: "The plane had a problem. They could not fix it, and could not get me on another plane." <-- Understand, Scooter has made arrangements in Oregon for a guy to drive 60 miles to come pick him up out there... so he hadda get ahold of him quick-like.

So I said: "Well, what is the situation?"

Scotty: "The set me up with another airline. It will take off 6AM tomorrow."

Me: "What the hell you gonna do all that time?

Scotty: "The airline got me an Uber and had it deliver me."

Me: "Deliver you to where??"

Scotty: "I am standing outside your front door right now." 🤨🙃

And he was. Thirty miles to the Airplane Patch. His mommy set up our spare room again so he could crash. Early-early, I got up at 1AM, got Scotty a nice breakfast, packed him a lunch to eat on the plane, and at 3:30 inna moanin' we departed to the Airplane Patch once again. Different airline (set up by the first airline).

Got home at 6:00 and I am bloody well exhausted. No sleep for the last 24, essentially.

But Scooter is in the air as you read this. Good thing, becuz he hasta go from landing in Oregon to the horsepistol that needs him as soon as he hits town. Jeez.

Last edited:

BrassNwood

Veteran
Since you sound well versed in schnitzel, at least more well versed then me, I once saw one of those Anthony Bourdain shows when he was in Germany and he got some schnitzel and if I remember correctly he was saying they use horse meat. Is that true or am I just remembering wrong?
When I was a kid say about 1962ish I was with my mother at The butcher shop and one side of the shop. It's beef and one side of the shop is horse. So I asked Mom why don't we eat horse hush up boy only poor people have to eat horse.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Got a letter from the hospital today - I'm booked in for a day surgery - prostate ablation on 24th August - then I gotta wear a catheter for 4-5 days after - and pee in a bag during that time - gonna be funny wearing that at the gym and/or in the pool methinks - should get a few laughs - 😃 - oh the joys of being an old duffer -

oldmaninbc

That's a really good idea Old man, lots of community colleges have low cost or even free courses for adults to pick up all sorts of skills. There would be a good chance that if Doober signed up for one of those he might meet a worthwhile young lady to spark some magic with and even if that didn't work out he might learn some new cooking skills.
Hello Hempkat, yes community colleges can off some great courses on cooking, even to specific ethnic style cooking. If DB was interested in such a thing, he might find it fun and enlightening.

We are starting to get smoke in our air from forest fires. Both my wife and myself have lung disorders. I don't like when I can't go out to my little garden without coughing and lung discomfort. I still do it though, can't sit inside all the time.

Hope things are well with you.

oldmaninbc

Obviously that's not a problem for cats - or they would all die off - and I've even heard that from a healthy human fecal matter is donated to sick humans to imbibe - to make them better - ya does sound yucky - but science says otherwise 😉 - I even knew this raw food exponent that told me that drinking your own urine has health benefits too -
Hello and a jolly good day to you Gypsy... some people with Crohn's & Colitis disease have taken others fecal matter into their large intestine as way to restore the intestines microbiome. I believe it is experimental but might hold some promise. Here in canada the organization Crohn's and Colitis Canada is funding research.

🏋🏻🚴🏻‍♂️🚵🏻‍♂️🚶🏻‍♂️ stronger everyday, to your former self:) take care Gypsy

oldmaninbc

Perhaps this MKUltra theory had been done before - with Lee Harvey Oswald? - it does bear thinking about - and I still wonder if all the classified documents from the JFK assassination will ever be released - to be able to possibly link the two? - Hmmm - it is intriguing - to say the least -
Those who seek maximum power to influence economic and cultural affairs, will do anything to accomplish their agenda. That has be proven time and time again.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Hello and a jolly good day to you Gypsy... some people with Crohn's & Colitis disease have taken others fecal matter into their large intestine as way to restore the intestines microbiome. I believe it is experimental but might hold some promise. Here in canada the organization Crohn's and Colitis Canada is funding research.

my gf pretty much cured her Chrons colitis stomach issues by going full carnivore

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Hello Hempkat, yes community colleges can off some great courses on cooking, even to specific ethnic style cooking. If DB was interested in such a thing, he might find it fun and enlightening.

We are starting to get smoke in our air from forest fires. Both my wife and myself have lung disorders. I don't like when I can't go out to my little garden without coughing and lung discomfort. I still do it though, can't sit inside all the time.

Hope things are well with you.
Whoa noooooo, Guadalajara won't dueee

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran

Yeah - I thought that I had read about that somewhere - so fecal matter - might matter as a medicine for some - must be fulla friendly bacteria then to help establish a well balanced stomach biome - I get mine mostly from Greek Yogurt - sauerkraut and kimche - perhaps I can be a doner? - 😆 🤣
😋
* best wishes to you and the Mrs Oldman -

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
the but is more important than humans realize

Bugs and Brains, the Gut and Mental Health Study: a mixed-methods study investigating microbiota composition and function in anxiety, depression and irritable bowel syndrome​

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
the but is more important than humans realize

Bugs and Brains, the Gut and Mental Health Study: a mixed-methods study investigating microbiota composition and function in anxiety, depression and irritable bowel syndrome​

Shitty subject

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got a letter from the hospital today - I'm booked in for a day surgery - prostate ablation on 24th August - then I gotta wear a catheter for 4-5 days after - and pee in a bag during that time - gonna be funny wearing that at the gym and/or in the pool methinks - should get a few laughs - 😃 - oh the joys of being an old duffer -
Good luck brother! I have that to look forward to as well................

Latest posts

Latest posts