What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Littleleaf

Veteran
My grandad the Engineer said. All the engineers go to hell, it's now airconditioned ....

He was a perve. Gave me my first Husler mag @10 and said. "This is what you'll be chasing in a few years." Only thing it got me was detention in the 5th grade and shrinks till the 7th. Funny thing the shrinks said there was nothing wrong with me. I was a normal boy.

How times have changed.

BrassNwood

Veteran
Recently (last month) I had a test they've done on me every couple of years to monitor my heart health, called a Cardio Stress test which is either done by injecting you with a radioactive substance and then get you on a treadmill to get your heart pumping really hard. Then they have you lie on a table and a specialized machine takes pictures of your heart (or rather the radioactive stuff flowing thru it). Then they have you rest a bit and do it again without the treadmill to see how your heart is doing at rest. If you're older they have a way of chemically inducing the elevated heart rate which spares you from having to do the treadmill (which is the version of the test I had done.

Now there is an area of my heart (about 7-10%) that always shows up as dead. This is the part that died off years ago when I had the heart attack which led to me getting a double bypass. The portion that dies off during a heart attack never recovers so that turning up in the test was expected. Unfortunately in this test they also found an area in my heart that shows it's not getting enough oxygen, likely due to a new blockage and if left untreated could lead to another heart attack and subsequently a new area of dead heart muscle (it's cumulative). Obviously this is undesirable and best avoided thru some form of corrective treatment.

So later this morning at 7am I'm going in for what is called a Cardio Catherization aka Angiogram. There is an artery in your groin that goes from there, up across your belly and directly to your heart. They go in with a catheter and once in your heart the catheter injects a solution with a contrast in it (typically iodine) this allows them to get a detailed image of your heart via x-ray and it reveals where any blockages might be and how severe they are. If bad enough they can expand the blockage with a small balloon on the end of the catheter and then they slide a stent up thru the catheter and in place where the blockage was, to keep the section they expanded from closing back up again and hopefully that corrects the problem. Unfortunately the area where the potential blockage is consists mainly of fairly small arteries with lots of bends and turns. Because of that sometimes they can't get a stent in there and is so they just expand things and that's the end of it (that's usually what they call an Angioplasti). Without a stent though it will likely close up again (usually in 2-3 years) and so the process may need to be repeated again down the road.

Now this procedure is fairly routine and presents low risk so I'm not expecting any complications but you never know until they can get in there and poke around. I'm hoping to get a stent because I don't want to have to keep doing this every 2-3 years. Of course when dealing with ones heart there is always some risk but again that's very low. Anyway if they place a stent or do an Angioplasti, they'll keep me overnight for observation and if all goes well they'll release me sometime Wednesday. There is also the chance that they don't do anything other then gather information which if that's the case they'll let me come home later today and at a future point I'll meet with my cardiologist to discuss where we go from there. The most probable outcome is getting a stent so if I don't show up until sometime tomorrow it's because they kept me overnight and they don't allow laptops or cellphones where they'll be keeping me (Cardio ICU) because it interferes with monitoring equipment. If I don't return sometime by tomorrow afternoon then that means something went wrong and/or other emergency measures had to be taken. In which case I'll either be returning much later or I'll be meeting up with my wife. I really don't expect that to happen though but it is a possibility. So if you don't see me tomorrow that means something else happened. I'll be back to update everyone as soon as I can (most likely tomorrow) if possible.
My aortic stents trashed my left leg and we're just now getting around to getting some physical therapy on it and it's waking up and it's a son of a b****
Does this in any way affect flavors or smoothness of the buds when smoking?

BrassNwood

Veteran
Although BT smells like chemicals straight out of the bottle, it leaves no weird taste in the weed. And I've sprayed as close as the day before harvest. I seem to be trapped between a rock and a hard spot. They can't decide what the hell to do with me.

My doctor wants me one rehab facility, my insurance and the veterans administration say I need to go to the VA which in my opinion is a third rate facility and I don't look forward to it.

In The mean time I'm trapped here for pushing 14 days now in a bed. Unable to have a nice, pleasant bowel movement. Thanks to the massive amounts of oxycodone. They've been shoving me along with the gabapentin, the Heparin, the Flexeril and whatever else I can't remember.

I've gone 3 times in the last 8 hours. Thank you Jesus and a few lovely suppositories.

I've got about 25% of my leg function back and stopped taking any of The pain meds since I know that's where the blockage is from. Goddamn opiates.

Tonight movie is electroshock therapy since my leg is decided it's going to send massive shocks from my toes that is enough to curl my entire leg up and those hit about every 15 minutes.That started this morning and has persisted all damn day.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
I'll go but only as a secret shopper

hello jokerman...are you in the vicinity of Buddy The Baker
You may find something secret shopping in church. I got hit on by an old guy last year at a funeral. He was funny, he said he forgot his teeth and he didn’t want to be late. Maybe because I was nice to him and offered him the seat beside me. I attended the funeral alone and helped him out with all the catholic stuff. You know standing and sitting and kneeling. He said he was 72 but he was at least in his late 80s. You never know the things you learn in church.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Although BT smells like chemicals straight out of the bottle, it leaves no weird taste in the weed. And I've sprayed as close as the day before harvest. I seem to be trapped between a rock and a hard spot. They can't decide what the hell to do with me.

My doctor wants me one rehab facility, my insurance and the veterans administration say I need to go to the VA which in my opinion is a third rate facility and I don't look forward to it.

In The mean time I'm trapped here for pushing 14 days now in a bed. Unable to have a nice, pleasant bowel movement. Thanks to the massive amounts of oxycodone. They've been shoving me along with the gabapentin, the Heparin, the Flexeril and whatever else I can't remember.

I've gone 3 times in the last 8 hours. Thank you Jesus and a few lovely suppositories.

I've got about 25% of my leg function back and stopped taking any of The pain meds since I know that's where the blockage is from. Goddamn opiates.

Tonight movie is electroshock therapy since my leg is decided it's going to send massive shocks from my toes that is enough to curl my entire leg up and those hit about every 15 minutes.That started this morning and has persisted all damn day.
Sorry you are going through this brother! Sending prayers and healing thoughts!
bigarmhug.gif

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Went in to the dentist for a cleaning and was told I have 4 teeth that need emergency extraction.
Not feeling any pain but the xrays show some giant abscesses.
One is a gold crown on a molar.
So two fuckin molars and two wisdom teeth one of those is a new wisdom tooth that grew in after the first one got pulled about 8 years ago.
Going on biophosphates for osteoporosis was a huge mistake for me.
Did nothing for the osteo wrecked my teeth.
The Forteo injections they put me on after that for osteo caused complete renal failure and literally killed me several times........modern medicine pisses me off.
So antibiotics for a week then whenever he can get me in for the pulling we will do that that.
Aint gonna have any teef left at this rate.
🤐

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
It makes them look like a bunch of crybaby pansies. Utter pussies not worth watching because they are so insulting.

Compare to the guys that are playing Rugby. <-- They eat their dead. On the field.
The difference being is that football ⚽️ is supposed to be a non-contact sport - whereas rugger is most certainly a contact sport - so when there is some contact in football ⚽️ - some of the players think that it's their chance to win an academy award for acting 🙄 - lol