What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldfogey8

Big football game going on tomorrow night in Germany (8pm GMT) - ENGLAND v HOLLAND - in the semi-finals of the European Cup - lots of people getting all excited about it - and I have family in both nations - so I'll just be kinda neutral - and enjoy the game for what it is -
I have been watching the UEFA tourney and the Copa America as well. A 16 year old kid scored a goal for Spain earlier to knock France out of the finals😎. Great soccer/football though I get a bit irritated by the diving and writhing in pain at the slightest touch. I know it is gamesmanship but I think a rule change should be made to minimize that nonsense. In hockey, if a player dives, they get a 2 minute penalty and those men take some serious abuse and play on.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I personally don’t think I could live without my boys. They bring so much love into my heart, and that just keeps me going. I fully understand the sadness that goes along with the joy, but in my opinion, the joy far outweighs the sadness. This is true when you have a dog that you feel as your soulmate… fortunately the pain fades, but the memories never do… I am looking forward to the next member of the pack whenever that may be…

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
439872583_1614313135993522_4906573920844040641_n.jpg

oldfogey8

My bet is that if you placed some in a thin film on white paper, that it would be dark green from chlorophyll pickup. You can reduce that pickup by using clarified butter (Ghee).
Thanks. I read your post about that a while ago. Good info. I use coconut oil because it seems to keep forever. I still have a block of it from 5+ years ago in the freezer and it still has its kick. I should try the ghee thing though. My mother likes the effect but can’t deal with the flavor which I assume is from the chlorophyll.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I have been watching the UEFA tourney and the Copa America as well. A 16 year old kid scored a goal for Spain earlier to knock France out of the finals😎. Great soccer/football though I get a bit irritated by the diving and writhing in pain at the slightest touch. I know it is gamesmanship but I think a rule change should be made to minimize that nonsense. In hockey, if a player dives, they get a 2 minute penalty and those men take some serious abuse and play on.
A good referee should be able to spot fake fouls - and often they do - and just let the play play-on - and now they can watch a video replay - to see if its real or not too - before awarding a free kick or penalty - but I know what you mean - can be aggravating due to it slowing/stopping the game all the time -

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks. I read your post about that a while ago. Good info. I use coconut oil because it seems to keep forever. I still have a block of it from 5+ years ago in the freezer and it still has its kick. I should try the ghee thing though. My mother likes the effect but can’t deal with the flavor which I assume is from the chlorophyll.
You can get good shelf life using any of the nonpolar vegetable and nut oils as well. They also don't pick up much chlorophyll.

Unca Walt

420club
A good referee should be able to spot fake fouls - and often they do - and just let the play play-on - and now they can watch a video replay - to see if its real or not too - before awarding a free kick or penalty - but I know what you mean - can be aggravating due to it slowing/stopping the game all the time -
It makes them look like a bunch of crybaby pansies. Utter pussies not worth watching because they are so insulting.

Compare to the guys that are playing Rugby. <-- They eat their dead. On the field.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Yes I hate that as well. They cry about everything. Now if they really get kicked in the ballz the old boy cried wolf story comes to mind. We have been watching the COPA as well and I hate the fake fake shit…

oldmaninbc

I personally don’t think I could live without my boys. They bring so much love into my heart, and that just keeps me going. I fully understand the sadness that goes along with the joy, but in my opinion, the joy far outweighs the sadness. This is true when you have a dog that you feel as your soulmate… fortunately the pain fades, but the memories never do… I am looking forward to the next member of the pack whenever that may be…
The other day I was looking at some photos and came across several of my last cat whom I love dearly even in death he fills my heart with love and joy. By the time I was done looking at the photos my smile was from ear to ear.

oldfogey8

I know it is a ploy to bleed time from the clock and that it is a part of the game. It’s when they look like they have been knifed for a bit of incidental contact that I get irritated by. I played in high school(I am not comparing high school soccer to those athletes by any stretch)and I know if any of us did that in a game, our own players would police the nonsense. Rub some dirt on it and play.