What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

imiubu

Now that I've finally caught up, must be all y'all OF's
have went on to bed and I'm talking w/ myself (again!) haha.

Have my 1st. shoveling/ raking blister. That means the OD season is finally upon us, yay! :)
Worked 11-9 straight through except for Scooter and the mom both needing pee breaks.
96 oz. electrolytes and 24 oz. strong java and I was good to go.

Showered up then broke my 36hr. fast w/ 2 4oz. 93/7 ground beef patties,
pan braised in bacon fat. Cooked about 2/3rds. done, popped the lid on and
removed from the heat. Separated 2 eggs and laid the yokes on the rested
and very juicy burgers. Tossed some course salt on top as well as 1 T butter.
Divine, simply divine :)

Time to sit on the porch and smoke a few bowls, then hit the hay.

Good night to all :)

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
IMG_20240624_213558_3.jpg

She has fit in flawlessly and was definitely the right decision for all concerned.
Runs like the wind can really stretch those legs out and fly leaves Bubba in the dust.
😍
IMG_20240624_213607_6.jpg

Goldhedge

Some late night music

Tom Waits, Austin City Limits, 1978​

Recorded in December 1978, the show features the iconoclastic singer/songwriter supporting his classic LP Blue Valentine and deep in the transitional phase of his career, evolving out of the jazzy beat poetry of his early work (“I Wish I Was in New Orleans”) and into the bluesier, more dissonant sounds (“Sweet Little Bullet From a Pretty Blue Gun”) for which he became known in the 80s and beyond. He acknowledged the season with the streetwise but lovely “Christmas Card From a Hooker in Minneapolis,” which incorporates a few bars of a better-known Xmas hymn. And he debuted “On the Nickel,” one of his greatest ballads, and which wouldn’t be released on record until Heartattack and Vine in 1980.

Setlist:
Summertime/Burma Shave
Annie’s Back in Town/I Wish I Was in New Orleans
A Sweet Little Bullet From a Pretty Blue Gun
On the Nickel
Romeo is Bleeding
Silent Night/Christmas Card From a Hooker in Minneapolis
Small Change

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Top of the news today Julian Assange is being freed - finally - but has to plead guilty to one charge of hacking -

Goldhedge

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Man did nothing wrong shameful he had to make that choice.
I really hope he can at least make enough money of speaking and writing about it to offset some of the misery inflicted on him.
My Godamn government really pisses me off........left cheek,right cheek same old stinking corrupt hole.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Man did nothing wrong shameful he had to make that choice.
I really hope he can at least make enough money of speaking and writing about it to offset some of the misery inflicted on him.
My Godamn government really pisses me off........left cheek,right cheek same old stinking corrupt hole.
Not dissimilar to what the US Justice department did to me - although Assange was held for much longer - they hold you in detention for so long it fucks up your life - without trial or conviction - and then they let you go - after you have lost years of family life - and been milked of every peso - in lawyers costs and fake bribes - on the promise of freedom - while trying to keep your family fed - and a roof over their heads -

Last edited:

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning brothers and sisters! Hugz all around!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Yet another gorgeous day starting at 53F and predicted to reach 87F.

An empty calendar besides mounting some back door hardware, open to joy, amazement, or wanton debauchery.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Ok then, will it be beef or pork, maybe a combination of both meats. I like meatballs either with a tomato sauce & pasta or meatballs with gravy and mashed potatoes.
What's on the menu Boo?
I would recommend the mixture of beef and poor and if you really want something special throw some land into the mix. The best lasagna I ever made I used a mixture of lamb, beef and pork in equal amounts, I used a pound of each (I like to make 2-3 lasagnas when I mke lasagna, you can call me Garfield if you like :biggrin:). It's nothing super special, it just gives it a more interesting flavor. Another thing to try is substitute the beef with bison (I haven't tried that yet because we don't get much bison in the mid Atlantic). Of course it's perfectly fine with just good beef (80-20 ground round is my prefered beef) or with beef and pork. Adding lamb or substituting beef wih bison is just about giving it an above average flavor.