What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldmaninbc

420club
I got a referral to colorectal surgery about a year ago...I bleed out my butt when I go for a long walk...I end up getting the itchiest butt ever and when I race to clean my butt there's blood. When I had my prostate exam the doctor said he found a hemorrhoid so that's what's going on. Anyone have a hemorrhoid like way up their butt?
I didn't think anyone was ever going to ask me about my butt, thank goodness, finally.

Yes DB I have had a hemorrhoidectomy! I had 5 hemorrhoids at 1 time. Four were external and 1 was internal.
Is that all the doc said?

However, DB, go to the dentist, talk with them about something to calm your anxiety and get that molar fixed.
I had a terrible experience as a child with a dentist and it left a long troublesome memory. As an adult I would ask the dentist for nitrous gas. Then at some point I realized my anxiety was a creation of my own. Todays dentistry does not look to inflict pain on you, it's bad for business. Getting a root canal will be over and done with before you know it. You will be grateful for those chewing teeth and it is a lot less costly than plates or partials and that means many visits to the dentist. That's it, I will never mention the dentist again to you.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got a referral to colorectal surgery about a year ago...I bleed out my butt when I go for a long walk...I end up getting the itchiest butt ever and when I race to clean my butt there's blood. When I had my prostate exam the doctor said he found a hemorrhoid so that's what's going on. Anyone have a hemorrhoid like way up their butt?
No hemorrhoid surgery, but I found my answer to anal pruritis, aka itchy butt, was to use a bidet hose to keep my butt meticulously clean. Like magic my problem went away forever.

While my intestine lining has no issues with the pH of the passing fecal matter, or the digestive enzymes it contains, the skin of my butt certainly does.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Half-off day-old bakery stuff! $3! I had like 10
IMG_20240624_135637489.jpg

Unca Walt

420club
Well I'm out on my 3 Mile morning walk. I decided not to go to the dentist I just told him that I was throwing up and not feeling well. My insurance is great it covers everything I don't have to pay a dime but I just don't feel like getting my tooth drilled and then capped with the temporary and then have to go back and again in a couple weeks and the tooth doesn't even hurt it's the molar.
Besides that everything's going really well I have a new jalapeno plant for my balcony it's pretty awesome and the sunflowers are doing good those are from seed.
Television stopped working it's a 50 inch Samsung it's like 3 years old. Mom has a 42-in Sony over at her house and she's moving in a couple weeks so I might ask for her
@D. B. Doober Bad move, DBD. HERE'S WHY:
The problem you have is that at the very bottom and all the way down through one of the roots of your molar, there is a pocket of pus.

Pus. <-- Yup. An infection. Let me give you some information as opposed to conversation -- From the American Association of Endodontists. If you click on the link, there are real, not opinion questions and answers.
1719253337767.png

I strongly recommend you "waste" the measly five minutes it would take to truly get you to where you can make a decision that is in your best interest.

Sauce: https://www.aae.org/patients/root-canal-treatment/what-is-a-root-canal/root-canal-explained/

What happens if you don't get a root canal?

If left untreated, the infection in the tooth can spread to other parts of the body, and in some cases can even be life threatening. If you are in need of a root canal, the infected pulp in the tooth needs to be removed.
----------------------------------------------------------------
NOT getting a root canal has a strong possibility of eventually losing the tooth to decay, requiring extraction

Is it better to have a root canal or extraction?

It is always better to maintain a healthy, natural smile whenever possible, and root canals allow for just that. Extracting and then replacing a tooth results in more treatments and procedures, and could even impact neighboring teeth and supporting gums.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: I talked a guy here into getting real stuff done before he lost his jaw. He is in good shape now. Wasn't easy for him -- unlike the easy procedure you are going to do if you look at the facts.

Last edited:

Ringodoggie

Do you have one of those "swamp cooler" things? Do you avoid going outside? Doesn't get too hot here usually except for this past heat wave

Shit, I love this stuff. I hike at near 100F. I use a mister (swamp cooler) sometimes and all the restaurant patios have misters but I hate those things. LOL I am outside almost 100% if it's under 105F. Over that, I am in and out.

Gotta be a desert rat to love the desert.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
@D. B. Doober Bad move, DBD. The problem you have is that at the very bottom and all the way down through one of the root of your molar, there is a pocket of pus.

Pus. <-- Yup. An infection. Let me give you some information as opposed to conversation -- From the American Association of Endodontists. If you click on the link, there are real, not opinion questions and answers.

I strongly recommend you "waste" the five minutes it would take to truly get you to where you can make a decision that is in your best interest.

Sauce: https://www.aae.org/patients/root-canal-treatment/what-is-a-root-canal/root-canal-explained/

What happens if you don't get a root canal?

If left untreated, the infection in the tooth can spread to other parts of the body, and in some cases can even be life threatening. If you are in need of a root canal, the infected pulp in the tooth needs to be removed.
----------------------------------------------------------------
NOT getting a root canal has a strong possibility of eventually losing the tooth to decay, requiring extraction

Is it better to have a root canal or extraction?

It is always better to maintain a healthy, natural smile whenever possible, and root canals allow for just that. Extracting and then replacing a tooth results in more treatments and procedures, and could even impact neighboring teeth and supporting gums.

PS: I talked a guy here into getting real stuff done before he lost his jaw. He is in good shape now. Wasn't easy for him -- unlike the easy procedure you are going to do if you look at the facts.
listen to your unca walt @D. B. Doober
a mouth infection is something to be taken seriously
i had a friend we called spider, he was big and black and badass all the way
but he hated going to the dentist
he started talking funny at one point but no one really said anything, he said he had a tooth ache and we left it at that
plus we were all tough guys so whos going to tell who they need to go to the dr
his tooth gets infected and its ended up spreading to his brain
thats how we lost spider

Last edited:

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Further note to @D. B. Doober... To take the Dark Ages out of the procedure, here is exactly what it is. NOTE: Yer Ancient Unca had a root canal done 45 years ago. I still have all my teeth.

Lissen to yer Unca Walt. You are not becoming a tryout for Marathon Man.

View attachment 19022547
Thanks for all the information walt. I appreciate it. Good to have you around here 👍

Unca Walt

420club
Get gold crowns the chicks dig'em.
👍🏾
Or get gold stars inset.

Woooffdee... It is suddenly raining fit to frighten Noah. I'm lookin' out my window as I type and there are sheets of water amongst the heavy rain.

Normally, not too special... but there is no real wind. So I gots nearly a series of waterfalls going by. This is gonna be great for my ylang-ylang tree and my rainbow tree. One peacock is on my front porch bench, and the other is in my garage, all hunkered down like he owns the place.