What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Sun&Soil

20240623_162949.jpg

20240623_162858.jpg
20240623_162832.jpg

Hope everyone's been well!

I've been fighting Canada Geese and the f'kery that comes with them. Second planting of corn, one canna that had a FIM job when the goose stripped it, a seedling that got dug up when a Snapper decided to lay eggs, then a goose ate the replacement seedling..on to the third. I've got the geese under control now;)

My cannaplants are weeks apart from each other. No biggie, that's growing under the sun and in the soil. First year in ten that the geese have been brave enough to come as high up the hill as the garden.

20240602_081909.jpg

20240611_201818.jpg
20240618_060229.jpg

20240619_203658.jpg

See you again soon. Stay well and full of green till then.

Last edited:

OleReynard

View attachment 19021981
View attachment 19021982 View attachment 19021983

I've been fighting Canada Geese and the f'kery that come comes with them. Second planting of corn, one canna that had a FIM job when the goose stripped it, a seedling that got dug up when a Snapper decided to lay eggs, then a goose ate the replacement seedling..on to the third. I've got the geese under control now;)

My cannaplants are weeks apart from each other. No biggie, that's growing under the sun and in the soil. First year in ten that the geese have been brave enough to come as high up the hill as the garden.

View attachment 19021984
View attachment 19021985 View attachment 19021986
View attachment 19021987

Snapper not pink either

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’ve seen many things used since I bought those. But they wer like 6.00 for a gazillion of them and they come in real handy today. I still have a some of Putes yo-yos if I need to pull them away more.
They look like a good idea and handier than wrapping them with wire before bending them.

I've seen people rub the stem between finger and thumb to soften and make it more flexible, after which the stem hardens back up in the new position.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
View attachment 19021981
View attachment 19021982 View attachment 19021983

I've been fighting Canada Geese and the f'kery that come comes with them. Second planting of corn, one canna that had a FIM job when the goose stripped it, a seedling that got dug up when a Snapper decided to lay eggs, then a goose ate the replacement seedling..on to the third. I've got the geese under control now;)

View attachment 19021984
View attachment 19021985 View attachment 19021986
View attachment 19021987

So glad you checked in S&S. Everything is beautiful at your place as usual. Hope you are well 🥰

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
They look like a good idea and handier than wrapping them with wire before bending them.

I've seen people rub the stem between finger and thumb to soften and make it more flexible, after which the stem hardens back up in the new position.
you kinda have to limber the stems up a bit before installing these. I broke two tops not taking my time with it. Hopefully I’ll forget about it soon.

Littleleaf

Veteran
How many sizes are there?

Looks like they could be easily 3d printed. I would like some that were larger for my fruit trees. Will see if my brother has the printing code for them. He can upsize them easily.
I think Amazon prolly only a really long time ago. I really don’t like to use them but they do help with my current problem. Just gotta be careful and limber them up good so you don’t break the top off like I did twice.
‘here are some on Amazon but the make different shapes some that allow more growth. I leave them on until,harvest.
View attachment 19021950
I’ll send you a fistful if you want to try them.

OleReynard

be sure to bend the branches slowly and not let them snap...I've got the branch benders and it's a bit difficult to install on larger branches...slowly bend the branch and they will work as intended...I've had to bend the branches over a few days so they don't snap...
Roll them stem between your finger and thumb about a 4" track
Think.of a chiropractor when you do this.

I bend them over and wire the ends up to another stake or framing of tent.

OleReynard

I've decided to put my little 1L pots of coir Malawis on water... They're full and I mean FULL of nanners and everytime I open the closet to give them a water, my sinuses get abused.

11 weeks since pistils and I think they can do another 2 to be ripe, but I think I'm going to have to give them a few days on water now and kill them. I can;t stop sneezing. :biglaugh:

View attachment 19021812

Had a mooch with a zoomy lens on a couple of lowers and they're kinda a little undercooked for me but not quite cooked enough. I'm hoping a week on water will do them. I;m sick of the sight of them now and have had a couple of dozen beans off the stalks already, which was their main purpose in life (I only had 4 beans so wanted to reproduce them)

View attachment 19021814

View attachment 19021815 View attachment 19021821
Hermies a thing with this strain?

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
good to see you pop in S&S, your place looks wonderful...you seem to be like me always making new chores...the maintenance of my property is becoming a burden...I need a live in yard person...I can easily make a 1900sf living quarters in one of my out building...

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
How many sizes are there?

Looks like they could be easily 3d printed. I would like some that were larger for my fruit trees. Will see if my brother has the printing code for them. He can upsize them easily.
They make different kinds. These came in a bag all one size some red some green. They are only good to use before the stem gets stiff. maybe they make larger ones for fruit trees