What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you're gonna stack frames and hand card may I suggest using a rotary tattoo machine with a block of wood over the needle to bounce the material.
Faster,cleaner and just a better way if you're not into tumbling.
After tumbling for a few years I can't go back to hand screens.
😭
A bunch of ways to skin the cat. I embrace the basic engineering philosophy that if it appears stupid, but works, it isn't stupid.

Here is another way which I named the Grinning Reaper that uses a hand sander for the vibration:

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
A bunch of ways to skin the cat. I embrace the basic engineering philosophy that if it appears stupid, but works, it isn't stupid.

Here is another way which I named the Grinning Reaper that uses a hand sander for the vibration:

the basic engineering philosophy works for me right now. 😊

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Or a vibrating rubber toy...
IMG_2835.gif

dogzter

Drapetomaniac

I tried that and a sawzall as well.
😁
Or a vibrating rubber toy...
uh-oh..........super sticky.
😆
Here is one of my early closed extraction tube designs that used a vibrator. View attachment 19021799
You win!!!
😝

Ringodoggie

I used a pneumatic paint shaker and a box I made. Worked awesome. You could adjust the speed with the air valve. It did up to about 4 ounces at a time. Pretty neat.

Attachments

• drysift-1.jpg
    drysift-1.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 23
  • drysift-3.jpg
    drysift-3.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 22
  • drysift-2.jpg
    drysift-2.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 15
  • drysift-4.jpg
    drysift-4.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 26

BumSplodgeBrownPants

I've decided to put my little 1L pots of coir Malawis on water... They're full and I mean FULL of nanners and everytime I open the closet to give them a water, my sinuses get abused.

11 weeks since pistils and I think they can do another 2 to be ripe, but I think I'm going to have to give them a few days on water now and kill them. I can;t stop sneezing. :biglaugh:

DSCF1488.JPG

Had a mooch with a zoomy lens on a couple of lowers and they're kinda a little undercooked for me but not quite cooked enough. I'm hoping a week on water will do them. I;m sick of the sight of them now and have had a couple of dozen beans off the stalks already, which was their main purpose in life (I only had 4 beans so wanted to reproduce them)

DSC_0232.JPG

DSCF1485.JPG
DSCF1484.JPG

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
😁

😆

You win!!!
😝
Hee, hee, hee, here is an experiment where I tried acoustical sieving, using music or a signal generator:

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
😁

😆

You win!!!
😝
Another easy way to collect kief when dry trimming, is to use a Harvest box. The Harvest box working surface is a 150 micron stainless mesh in a frame, resting on a mirror.

It is the last article at the end of this article:

I've seen them large enough for four people to trim over, with a hinge in the middle to fold up like a suitcase.