What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldmaninbc

420club
I just got a call from one of my neighbors down the street asking me if I was missing a black German Shepherd and a red and black German Shepherd. Needless to say, I bolted out the gate with my 4 x 4 and I found the boys just cruising down the street. Soon as Dutch saw me he started to cringe, but didn’t come back and Ivan did. Dutch is getting very slow and hard of hearing. I guess I need to start checking 24 hours a day that the gate is closed.
Good day Boo... good thing is, no bad outcomes. like you say time to be more vigilant, keep the boys home where they can't get in trouble. I know you would be heart broke if anything happened to your buddies.

imiubu

Another too effing hot/ humid day here.

Tried taking Scooter dooder doo on a walk.
Made it half a block and she was over heating.
Back home now in the AC for the duration of... ?
Damn I dislike this weather but we get it every year, sigh.
Same dam reason I'd never ever ever live in the south...
Especially... FL!
Apologies to the folks who reside there... you are either
crazy or better suited to swim thru the soup of misery than I :D

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Sooo, I'm not exactly wrong then? ;)
There is definitely a system. Some are better than others. Some are laid back.....some are very aggressive.

Remember, this isn't door to door. You came to me because you want a new car. Your emotions are your worst enemy. All I gotta do show the features advantages and benefits....Once you visualize yourself owning it.....things are under control.

imiubu

Even as a youngster, it made no sense to me to fill up on bread pre meals.
I will partake of chips and salsa however at the mexican restaurants.

Whilst partaking at any pig trough (buffet style eatery) I have always
began with eating all the meats first. Just made sense to me to get
my fill of the most expensive aspect of the meal, before consuming
other tasty or interesting goodies.
I still will go out to eat occasionally w/ friends to the buffets.... mostly
to the 'chinese' places. I don't deny myself anything yet... always
begin with the meats :)

Hmmm, now this is just a theory of course yet it may be something to ponder perhaps.

JR and EM may not be favorites for some and if so... disregard the deliverers
and instead just consider what is being theorized, maybe.

oldmaninbc

420club
I've also heard it said recently from some doctor (can't remember who) That some people just don't get addicted to it. I would find it difficult to evaluater mental state because without it I experience the pain I take it for and that pain limits what I can do. So that alone would tend to put me in a bad mood. That would lead me to believe my mood change was due to the pain rather then the lack of opioids.

I used to believe that if you take opioids to relieve pain as they;re intended for you don't get addicted. I say that because I experience nothing I could describe as a high when I take my pain meds for pain. Just the easing of pain. In the past though I've taken them recreationally just to see what the fuss was about and in those instances I did feel a mild sense of euphoria not unlike getting drunk. I could see myself getting addicted to that if it were my cup of tea, which it isn't. I suspect you're more on the money with a recreational user developing a psychological dependence. Having learned from a medcal professional though, that some might have a body chemistry that avoisa addiction I now have doubts about my old theory of addictioning being determined by whether it's used for relief of pain or for recreational purposes.
My mom was on a tremendous amount of opioids of various kinds in her old age. I asked her was she not worried about addiction and withdrawal symptoms, she told me she had no problems with addiction. My sister who was looking after our mom at that time, said mom had no problem with addiction. I could not believe what I was being told. My sister is a highly educated individual. Because my sister was watching over mom, I felt it was not place to meddle.
later my mom had to go in the hospital, after different doctors seen her they decided to keep mom in the hospital for a month after they fixed her medical issue. It was to get her off the fentanyl and most of the other narcotics she was taking. When it was all said and done, she experienced withdrawal symptoms and told me after, she had no idea how these drugs were effecting her. Before she passed away the strongest meds for pain was Tylenol#3.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Lovely Lavender - enjoying the sunshine 🌞
2024-06-2119.15.179184623724561558602.jpg
2024-06-2119.16.194225256363965112093.jpg

Unca Walt

420club
I watched that a coupla hunnert times. Unable to do a frame-by-frame, but with enough repetitions, you can see the failure point is right at the beginning of the barrel about an inch forward of the scope.

There is ZERIO gas/flame from the end of the barrel.

So either he had a stoppage, or his load was way past the chamber pressure limit.

And he is one lucky sumbitch. He should stick to BB guns from now on -- he has used up ALL his chances.

Unca Walt

420club
Weather by skill or sheer luck I’ve never had anything like that happen to me. I bought a 44 mag with an 8 inch barrel and I shot one round out of it. I told my friend if he picked it up, he could own the gun for 100 bucks and he did. I won’t even shoot a 12 gauge anymore… My AK-47 shoots 7.62 round and that’s plenty enough to stop anything that comes towards me…
(*snork*) There it is again. I have a .44 Mag with an 8" barrel. It is NOT a target shooter. But it is always ready.

Meanwhile, I have cases of Rooshian ammo for my AK-47 and bringumhome SKS... For me -- who dunno even how to take a newfangled black rifle apart -- the AK/SKS are my serious go-to guns.

$100 for a .44 mag with an 8" barrel... The guy got a deal. I just looked them up:

Colt Anaconda 44 Magnum 8in Stainless Revolver - 6 Rounds $1479.99​