What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
How does a voice-activated recording device with a built-in microphone affect its usability for capturing spontaneous ideas during activities like long walks, and what ethical considerations should be taken into account when using such devices to secretly record conversations without others knowing?
Well the one I have is round and about the size of a silver dollar so it could easily fit in a shirt pocket. I haven't actually used it for the purpose of capturing ideas yet but I would imagine that in a shirt pocket one could activate it while walking, simply by speaking out loud. In a shirt pocket I would think that would be close enough to activate it? Although you might get wierd looks from people to whom it might appear you are speaking to yourself. Then again in this day and age of wireless bluetooth headsets for your phon, people might not think twice and just assume you're talking to someone on your cellphone.

As for ethical considerations that is pretty much up to the individual and the laws of the state you live in. People have an amazing ability to justify things they think are right or just so it would depend on what purpose you were recording for. If it's just to capture your own thoughts then I see noethical considerations at all. if however it is to secretly capture someone elses words without their knowing then I would say it depends on who they were and what was your plans on what to do with the recording. Like the woman who made th news recently for secretly recording supreme court judges responding to what they believe is a sympathetic person at an event where they should be able to expect they're not being secretly recorded, that seems wrong because the information is gathered under false pretense. If it's in pursuit of gaining an admission to some crime that can be used by police or in court, then I would say it depends on that crime. For example if a person could gain a confession to a crime such as rape or murder I wouldn't have a problem with that. If however it was being used to capture someone admitting they grew cannabis in a state where that is not allowed then that seems wrong as that is a victimless crime. As far as legalities that's where the state your in becomes a factor. In some states it's perfectly legal to make secret recordings as long as one person is aware, even if that person is the one recording. In other states the laws require all parties to be aware and if they weren't that recording would be useless as evidence of anything and could not be used in court.

HempKat

Veteran
Agreed.
My issue lies primarily with processed sugars and the
combining of that substance with medicinal components.
In essence, the refined sugar negates the 'medicinal' aspects. IMO

Last night in fact, my body said... carbs!
So, I ate a red skinned sweet potato w/ butter and salt.
It was delicious :)

After this last 3 days of micro dosing, I may have stumbled upon
an additional purpose for the chocolate/ mushroom combination,
outside of making the shrooms taste palatable to some.
There is a small amount of fat in raw cacao.

Leading me to this:
Day 1: small dose to see where I'm at, consumed with
unsalted butter (it was yummy actually [if you like the taste of fungi]).
Day 2: a slightly larger dose also taken w/ butter.
Day 3: even larger dose, no butter.

There was a distinct difference in the onset time and
longevity of the effects between the shrooms/ fat
and that w/ out the fat. :chin:

Of course, this will require a great amount of further
research on my part for any conclusive data to be collected :D
Viva la research...or something like that. :biggrin: I've never heard of any benefits to eating shrooms with fats. I'm not saying there isn't just that I haven't heard of any. I would have to wonder about the frequency though.Shrooms has always been a rare once in a blue moon thing for me, so I've never put back to back dosing to the test. I have heard however that back to back dropping of LSD can cause a weaker/slower response.

HempKat

Veteran
BTDT haha
Now that I've replied I am unable to see the timestamp on your post.
So this may have already resolved :)
I do hope you were able to ride out the desire to eat that lovely steak,
get the labs done and then consume said steak/ onions as a reward
for being responsible :)
Yeah, I managed okay so far. I ended up going back to sleep for a while and must have been more tired then I thought because I slept to almost noon. The doctor's office closes from noon to 1:30pm for lunch so right now 'm at a 24 hour fast but my willpower is holding up so far. I just hope the lab is open in the afternoon.

oldmaninbc

420club
As I've said before there is no one single approach that's best for everybody. What is best is to find the activity that gives you the exercise you need but that you also enjoy so you will stick to it daily. No exercise does you any good if you can't stick with it. Some people like the gym and lifting weights, Boo certainly seems to be that type. I've known so many people over the years who spent good money on getting a nice gym membership. They use it a few weeks or even months at first when it's novel but eventually the novelty wears off and they stop going, many forgetting to cancel that membership even though they're not using it. Ding like DB does and getting in two 3 mile walks a day is a great way to get sufficient exercise to keep healthy and strong. You won't end up looking like a body builder unless you used to be one and there is a chiseled body under a layer of fat. I guess you could say alot depends on what you want to workout for? If you want to be a body builder and look like Superman one day then really lifting weights in the gym is your best bet. If you just want to burn off excess fat, be generally healthier and stronger then you options for how to get there increase greatly. I say pick what you enjoy just so it's easy to stick with.
Good day to you Hempkat, I will never be able to look like superman nor do I want to. Staying limber with some endurance is good enough for me. You offer sound advice in my opinion.

oldmaninbc

420club
I've always wondered, is it fair to call it an addiction if you do it for medical purposes? I mean legitimate purposes like most of us here have. I've aways thought of addiction as an activity or behavoir you do regularly for no other reason then you can't help it and actually develope temporary symptoms if you quit. I've taken two hydrocodone (vicodin) every day for several years now to cope with my chronc back issues.. When the opioid crisis first hit and I was forced to go to pain management they took me off all opioids at first for a couple of years. Now without the pain pills my back pain got worse and prevented me from being ablle to do everything I was used to, but I didn't get sick to the stomach, have a runny nose or any of the other classic symptoms of opioid withdraw. So to me I wasn't addicted. Yet there are many who would say anyone who took it dailly for two plus years must be addicted.
Twice I have gone through opioid withdrawal both times by choice. I have taking morphine everyday since 2010, even through all the opioid crisis I managed to keep my prescription. I decided to cut back on my use because it was effecting my frame of mind in a negative way. The withdrawal was quite noticeable, it made me very edgy, disturbed my sleep and a few other reactions. It lasted about a month each time.

My situation was not the same as a person who is consuming opioids for the high, those people have a physical and a mental addiction. I have no mental addiction. However, I have a physical dependency, not to the same extent as a person who consumes Morphine for the high

That's the big difference, I use what I need to control pain and my mental state. Not my demons.

HempKat

Veteran
Good day to you Hempkat, I will never be able to look like superman nor do I want to. Staying limber with some endurance is good enough for me. You offer sound advice in my opinion.
Thanks for your appraisel of my advise. :biggrin: I would never want to look like that even if I could. From what I've heard from others who achieve that state of physical development once you achieve it you have to keep at it vigarously for the rest of your life. if you don't then all your hard work shrivels away, just look at Arnold. Yhe former Gov of California, not the pig from Green Acres. :biggrin:

HempKat

Veteran
Twice I have gone through opioid withdrawal both times by choice. I have taking morphine everyday since 2010, even through all the opioid crisis I managed to keep my prescription. I decided to cut back on my use because it was effecting my frame of mind in a negative way. The withdrawal was quite noticeable, it made me very edgy, disturbed my sleep and a few other reactions. It lasted about a month each time.

My situation was not the same as a person who is consuming opioids for the high, those people have a physical and a mental addiction. I have no mental addiction. However, I have a physical dependency, not to the same extent as a person who consumes Morphine for the high

That's the big difference, I use what I need to control pain and my mental state. Not my demons.
I've also heard it said recently from some doctor (can't remember who) That some people just don't get addicted to it. I would find it difficult to evaluate mental state because without it I experience the pain I take it for and that pain limits what I can do. So that alone would tend to put me in a bad mood. That would lead me to believe my mood change was due to the pain rather then the lack of opioids.

I used to believe that if you take opioids to relieve pain as they're intended for, you don't get addicted. I say that because I experience nothing I could describe as a high when I take my pain meds for pain. Just the easing of pain. In the past though I've taken them recreationally just to see what the fuss was about and in those instances I did feel a mild sense of euphoria not unlike getting drunk. I could see myself getting addicted to that if it were my cup of tea, which it isn't. I suspect you're more on the money with a recreational user developing a psychological dependence. Having learned from a medical professional though, that some might have a body chemistry that avoids addiction I now have doubts about my old theory of addiction being determined by whether it's used for relief of pain or for recreational purposes.

Last edited:

OleReynard

Passing that gun on one of my dear friends was probably the wisest decision I’ve made in quite a while. I broke my right shoulder and tore my bicep muscle off in 2019 and it cannot take the beating once could. I even got rid of my shotguns because I have no need to hurt myself more than I do in my everyday life.
Probably won't be a friend nomo. Should've gave that to your worse enemy.
Maybe your tenant

imiubu

been online looking for a GSD and seem to have found 2 that interest me...one is in Texas, the other Chicago...looking for now but not ready to make the commitment...Dutch's happiness is most important right now...he was spoiled all his life and now he gets even more love and attention...laying with him last night I saw a bit of confusion and uncertainty in his eyes...my heart is slowly breaking
My heart breaks with you brother Boo :(
Just as I am sure that others here who have experienced the joys of loving/ caring
for their animals and then the inevitable gut wrenching pain/ sadness of loosing their
beloved animals, do also empathize.
All we can do is love them and ease them over when the time comes.

OleReynard

have you ever tried this type of fungi?

Aztecs ate it

it is delicious with scrambled eggs and soups

huitlacoche

This ingredient has a wonderful smokiness to it, with subtle notes of sweetness coming from the corn’s sugars.

Its flavor profile lingers between the nuttiness of black truffle and the savoriness of morels.

Its texture, when cooked, is a soft chew that forms from the corn’s soluble fibers.

It’s also very similar to the mushrooms many cooks love in their risottos, stews, and burgers.

View attachment 19020761

View attachment 19020762
We've always been told not to and farmers don't feed that to their animals

Latest posts

Latest posts