What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

mudballs

Yeah:

Faerie Diamonds <-- Based on a real, giant diamond. There's excitement and wonder and... fairies? Not really... The bad guys are really bad, the good-bad guys are funny, and the redhead on the cover is my beautiful Scottish Witch.

The Bat and Balloon War -- An Alternate History of WWII <-- Based on actual history that was changed to our timeline because a GI left a cage of bats open which caused the commanding officer's car and house to burn down (FACT! snork) <-- This caused the cancellation of an official program. This novel has the program continued... as well as another genuine-but-cancelled program with balloons. Battle scenes in Europe and Pacific.

The Cadet -- The Adventures of a New World Pioneer in the 17th Century <-- Unique in that every event happened as depicted, and all the characters are real. That's me on the cover, dressed in 17th Century Amsterdam Militia clobber. I will lay confident claim to it being a gripping novel: 87% of respondents said they cried at least once while reading it. Both for sad and for happy. One guy wrote in total: "You sonuvabitch. You got me on the last page!"

If you look at what an e-book costs (99 fargin cents for Faerie Diamonds), you can see I make zerio money on sales. I just like folks to have the fun of reading my novels.

Leave a book laying around somewhere like a McDonalds table, or near an ATM...think of it as a marketing budget.

Unca Walt

420club
Good morning old farts! 🌞 This is a doe that has been following me around for two years. Everytime I go to the woods or pasture feild to work she is waiting for me. She stays about 10 feet away. Never closer or much farther. She is completely wild and not a pet. More like a friend. I talk to her and sometimes sing to her. She likes “Locomotive Breath” by Jethro Tull. 🤣 View attachment 19016911
Go out with an ear of corn in the open. Lay it down and back off the regulatory ten feet from it. Don't move, but talking is fine.

I've got rabbits, squirrels, blue jays, crows, peacocks and lizards that now approach me as soon as I step outside and shake a plastic cup with wildie-snacks in it.

Digger102

Veteran
Yeah say what you will about how he interacted with people UB has a wealth of knowledge. I didn't appreciate his take on my, in fact it pissed me off but i still have to respect his knowledge and contabution to the community.

This is almost unlikely but on the off chances sombody here doesn't know Uncle Ben or UB. The best way I can think of describing him is as a cantankerous old fart. He was pretty fun when he was in a good mood but if something rubbed himm the wrong way he would launch into these epic rants. He was the kind of guy peoplle usualllly came to for advice and was usd to people finding him in a thread and just ask him some grow question out of the blue, even if it had nothing to do with the topic of the thread. People that were ntertained by his rants got into the habit of following him in threads and out of the blue they would ask him a question they knew would trigger him For exampl he didn't thnk much of many of the nutrient manufacturers, especially one popular one, Advanced Nutrient. So a common question to get him started was to ask him what he thought of Avanced Nutirents. Of course you had to egg him on a little so they would simple question his first answer or two and then h would go off from there. Another popular one was to asking him what he thought of the practice of removing fan lease to get bigger buds. He was very much against the practice even though we've all seem for ourselves at one time or another it does seem to help. His position which makes sense was that if a particular leaf was under performing due to lack of light xposure, the plant would drain the leaf of water and nutrints and then let the leaf die off. in his book every leaf trimmed represent a liitle less food from light being made.. Many thrads on that classic debate of fan leaves was due to Unclee Ben. :biggrin:
I dont know Uncle Ben, but I’m with him on the fan leaf removal. But is Uncle Ben another handle for Tom Hill?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning old farts! 🌞 This is a doe that has been following me around for two years. Everytime I go to the woods or pasture feild to work she is waiting for me. She stays about 10 feet away. Never closer or much farther. She is completely wild and not a pet. More like a friend. I talk to her and sometimes sing to her. She likes “Locomotive Breath” by Jethro Tull. 🤣 View attachment 19016911
Good looking doe in good shape!

Deer are elegant creatures and I stopped hunting them, as well as squirrels, and ducks after spending quality time interacting with them in the parks where they aren't hunted and have gotten used to people.

Digger102

Veteran
My mind works in mysterious ways - read that post - and a song pops up in my head - a really cheesy old song that my Mum used to play on an electric record player - from 'The Sound of Music' - with Julie Andrews singing it - and it's the line 'Doe a deer - a female deer' - that gave me the hook to Magu's post above - that song was drilled into us - and we all learned to sing it as kids -

I'm getting that all the time - I read a post and my brain links me to some sorta music/song - anyone else experienced this?
I remember that song on an Alvin and the Chipmunks album I used to have. That made me remember a Superman comic on record too! Wow, good memories.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Egyptian heiroglyphs.jpg

imiubu

Good morning :)

Not much on the out doors work plan for today.
It is wet and humid currently. Not great OD conditions
for the type of work I need to get done.
ID stuffs is so backed up, I welcome these days on
occasion so I don't feel guilty for being inside.
Boring IK lol

Chill tune for a quiet beginning to the day :)

:love:

imiubu

My mind works in mysterious ways - read that post - and a song pops up in my head - a really cheesy old song that my Mum used to play on an electric record player - from 'The Sound of Music' - with Julie Andrews singing it - and it's the line 'Doe a deer - a female deer' - that gave me the hook to Magu's post above - that song was drilled into us - and we all learned to sing it as kids -

I'm getting that all the time - I read a post and my brain links me to some sorta music/song - anyone else experienced this?
Good morn Gypsy (or... afternoon perhaps by now?).

That is the scale we sang to 'tune up' our voices in HS Choir :)

I so very often think in song lyrics haha.
Music is such an integral part of our lives,
I think it might be strange if our brains
did not often call up references to our music.

Memory trigger...
Among the songs my mom's sang around the house.
and one of my favorite things :)