What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

imiubu

For me... Croc's are another example of... just because we can doesn't mean we should :D
They seem to be the fashion rage for years now and I see soooo many ppl wearing them.
They may be in fashion but they got no style!
Or at least, not at all stylish to me anyway.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
For me... Croc's are another example of... just because we can doesn't mean we should :D
They seem to be the fashion rage for years now and I see soooo many ppl wearing them.
Has nothing to do with fashion has errything to do with how they feel.
You're missing out those skinny lil feet of yours will look adorable in them trust me trust.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
Is the reason you've not had leg cramps is because you do use that spray on Mg stuff?
I’m no doctor but I can tell you this. Once I started spraying this on the soles of my feet my leg cramps just disappeared so I have to say yes it’s effective.
When we’re in crocs, you create your own aura and style. They’re extremely nice shoes to wear around the yard if you don’t mind getting dirt between your toes…

I spent two hours installing a freaking television in my bedroom today. I bought a Samsung smart TV and that son of a bitch wants me to get apps on my phone and use my Wi-Fi and Internet. I called them up and I was not the nicest customer they’ve talked to today, but I got the TV working with her help… I don’t know where the gentleman that I talk to came from, but he certainly not from around my part of the country. I had asked him to repeat stuff multiple times.

imiubu

I do as well as the wife who has had bunions done on both big toes and she wears them.
Re quoting ya here :)

All joking about style and dignity aside,
the bottom line on why I've not tried them is
that I do best in a form fitting shoe/ boot.

Croc's look like they would allow too much movement and that
would agitate my old ankle injury and/ or not give me the support
required to hold that ankle in place and that = pain.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
I’m no doctor but I can tell you this. Once I started spraying this on the soles of my feet my leg cramps just disappeared so I have to say yes it’s effective.

When we’re in crocs, you create your own aura and style. They’re extremely nice shoes to wear around the yard if you don’t mind getting dirt between your toes…

I spent two hours installing a freaking television in my bedroom today. I bought a Samsung smart TV and that son of a bitch wants me to get apps on my phone and use my Wi-Fi and Internet. I called them up and I was not the nicest customer they’ve talked to today, but I got the TV working with her help… I don’t know where the gentleman that I talk to came from, but he certainly not from around my part of the country. I had asked him to repeat stuff multiple times.
We have been on a samsung boycott for a few years now.
Fuck them and their shitty high end products
Got slapped for a tv and a couple dishwashers never again.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Re quoting ya here :)

All joking about style and dignity aside,
the bottom line on why I've not tried them is
that I do best in a form fitting shoe/ boot.

Croc's look like they would allow too much movement and that
would agitate my old ankle injury and/ or not give me the support
required to hold that ankle in place and that = pain.
That's why they make so many different kinds of shoes!

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
When Linda was alive, she wanted to front loading washing machine, so I bought her one made by Samsung never again…
girl, look at my feet and tell me I’m not rocking it…

Attachments

• IMG_2679.jpeg
    IMG_2679.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 11

Unca Walt

420club
thanks for the Kind thoughts SG , I appreciate it a lot

yeah , those leg cramps are no joke , they have made my eyes leak , the pain can be intense

Swede usually rubs the muscle which is easy to find , it is in a big knot and sometimes massaging it helps

mine usually happen when I try and stretch while still in bed , I have to be very careful with the stretches…

otherwise , things are still up in the air on the Kansas front and I may be making another fast trip out there this week..stayed 4 days this round but got a lot done..we are not out of the woods yet
@bigsur and @SubGirl -- Knot cramp pain can be eased by TENS units.

oldmaninbc

if you pay attention to your dog they will teach you how to be a better person...we have much to learn from out 4 legged friends...I prefer my boys company to humans...

on another note, I just got my perlite delivered...4 cubic feet will last me a lifetime...
I have been know to say, "my cat brings out the best of me."

I don't have any friends but I wouldn't say it was by choice.

Perlite...YIKES

1717880058869.jpeg

Littleleaf

Veteran
No freaking plastic shoes for me. Two things. One they make my feet stink BAD in just one day. 2 the rash they cause last over a week. Leather shoes/boots for me. I have 3 pairs and change them every day. This lets them dry out. So they don't stink.

I can handle allot of smells but stinking feet. Make me gag....

CharlesU Farley

Okay, fellow Old Farts. Haven't viewed this thread in a _very_ long time and I'm not here to fuck your alls shit up, like I used to do. Again, all apologies to Putembk. 🙏 Will _not_ view this thread, didn't even read it now, after this post but I know there's some outstanding participants here and wanted to give y'all a heads up.

The next time you all go to the Doc for a physical, ask them about getting a DPT booster. It's been a standard vaccine given to babies for a very long time now, it's for diphtheria, pertussis and tetnus. Everybody knows about tetanus, diphtheria hasn't been a big deal for a long time, but pertussis is a very different fucking thing. It's commonly known as whooping cough, and as a respiratory therapist, I treated quite literally hundreds of kids who suffered from it, back in the day.

A month or so ago, I had gotten COVID because I was around a bunch of humanoids that I ordinarily am not. Got over it and then I started reading things in the local news about whooping cough and how there were more hospitalizations for it. Didn't think anything of it, used to deal with it all the time as an RRT and because of my dealings with many pediatric patients, I pretty much thought I was fucking _immune_ to it.

That was not the case.

Exceedingly long story short, my sweet wife Harley went to a high school graduation, was exposed to a whole shitload of not only young kids, but a whole mess of germ infected fucking little fomites there were not related to us (toddlers with runny noses and sneezes).

She got sick of shit, infected me, and for the first time in 37 years we were both sick as fucking shit at the same time. Won't go into all the gory details, and will not post the video of the wheezing mango guy taking a big hit off of a vape like I usually do to illustrate lung issues (that's for you SubGirl :)), but suffice it to say Harley and I were completely fucked, in a pulmonary sense.

It has kicked our ass for almost over a week now and we are _finally_ getting a bit better. And remember, Harley spent 35 plus years in a hospital ICU, so she also was exposed to more germs, virai, and fungi than y'all could ever fucking imagine.

Our house up here on the mountain sounded like a fucking TB ward, you would not believe the coughing and hacking that went on. And I won't even go into any of the grody detail about the various colors and viscosity of the shit we were coughing up.

So, what's the the point of yet another one of Charles's Wall of Words?

The next time you old geezers go to the doc, get a DPT booster... _please_. I was not an active participant in this forum during the COVID years and I can only imagine all the pro and anti misinformation that was posted about getting the vaccine.

At least you old fuckers have heard of and know about _polio_... that's all I got to say about vaccines, they fucking work... period, end of story. I wouldn't waste my time posting all this for Millennials but you Old Fucks... sorry Farts have been through a lot of shit in your lives and don't need to deal with something like whooping cough, that is easily preventable. Ya need to think about this quite seriously because, it's going to be an issue for all of you all...eventually. It's just a fucking _fact_ that the older you get, the less effective your immune system is and at our age, we need every bit of fucking help we can get.

Take care y'all...believe it or not, I really miss ya!!!! ❤️

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts