What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

SubGirl

420club
God reached down and gave me speed. Our track team finished 2nd in state my senior year. I have 2 silver metals to prove it. Got a college scholarship at a D-2 school where I bombed out. Drinking beer was a lot more fun. That summer is when I smoked my first joint.
I got a second place trophy in the “soberfest” 5k run for my age bracket in my 40s and I was stoned at the time…😁

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
About a year ago I got custom inserts for my shoes. It drastically cut down on foot cramps. They made a mold of my feet and then made a custom support insert that I put in my shoes in place of the factory insole. $500 for the first set and then I was able to order 2 more sets at ONLY $250 each since they still had the original mold.

Still, at any price, it was worth it. I was having trouble hiking even 1 or 2 miles without suffering massive cramps. With these inserts I do 2 or 3 miles on downtown concrete and I am cool as ice.

OK, this brings about a question I have for all you old farts...... SHOES. What kind of shoes do you wear now in our...waning years. LOL

In recent years I have gone through foot menopause and my feet have changed. I wore Rockports for years when I was younger but at some point they just didn't do the job any more. Later, during my footopause I switched around and finally ended up wearing Brooks most of the time. Wore Brooks through most of my 60's. Now I am in my 70's and still changing.

I also have a bone spur on the top of my big toe joint that hurts constantly. It's a pretty simple surgery but I have put it off too long and now it is just worse. Anyway, because of that I need a "Wide Toe Box". Fortunately, a term that is becoming more popular in the shoe world. Still, some of my Brooks have become unwearable and I am looking around.

My goto shoe was the Brooks Adrenaline. Full support.

My PodDr suggested Brooks, New Balance and Asics.

I got these Asics and love them. A little bold but in Palm Springs they go, pretty much unnoticed. LOL

View attachment 19014825

Finding any shoe in a WIDE is tougher than I thought.

Because of my spur, he suggested "Rocker Toe and "Rigid Sole". which is most running shoes.

I also wear Hey Dude casual shoes if I'm not going to be walking much. Without the inserts, my feet cramp in about 10 steps. These are the worst support shoes in the world. Still, they are SUPER comfy and have a lot of style. I have 22 pair of Hey Dude shoes. LMAO Mrs Ringo calls me Imelda Marcus. LOL

View attachment 19014824 View attachment 19014823 View attachment 19014822 View attachment 19014821 View attachment 19014820 View attachment 19014819

So, what kind of shoes do you wear for walking and everyday?
Crocs and socks unless hiking then boots and socks.
First tried crocs around 03 and have never gone back to tennis shoes.
I don't even own a pair anymore.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
I am outside in the wet grass all the time so I cant find shoes or boots that will last more than a couple months before they fall apart. Everything is glued together now. 🤬
Crocs fuckin last foreva!
1717873555722.jpg

This is Bubbas sister and the last of the litter to be homed.
My wife is very concerned about the fact that home is in a apartment which is section 8.
She was dropping some not so subtle hints before she went to work.
By chance the guy who bred them is coming by in a couple hours or so........I am super curious how this is gonna pan out.
🐕

SubGirl

420club
View attachment 19014864
My wife is very concerned about the fact that home is in a apartment which is section 8.
By chance the guy who bred them is coming by in a couple hours or so........I am super curious how this is gonna pan out.
🐕
She’s very pretty. Nice color too. A big girl like her in an apartment life make you wonder how much exercise she’s getting.

jokerman

Premium user
View attachment 19014864
🐕
Those crocs make your feet look skinny🙄😊

oldmaninbc

About a year ago I got custom inserts for my shoes. It drastically cut down on foot cramps. They made a mold of my feet and then made a custom support insert that I put in my shoes in place of the factory insole. $500 for the first set and then I was able to order 2 more sets at ONLY $250 each since they still had the original mold.

Still, at any price, it was worth it. I was having trouble hiking even 1 or 2 miles without suffering massive cramps. With these inserts I do 2 or 3 miles on downtown concrete and I am cool as ice.

OK, this brings about a question I have for all you old farts...... SHOES. What kind of shoes do you wear now in our...waning years. LOL

In recent years I have gone through foot menopause and my feet have changed. I wore Rockports for years when I was younger but at some point they just didn't do the job any more. Later, during my footopause I switched around and finally ended up wearing Brooks most of the time. Wore Brooks through most of my 60's. Now I am in my 70's and still changing.

I also have a bone spur on the top of my big toe joint that hurts constantly. It's a pretty simple surgery but I have put it off too long and now it is just worse. Anyway, because of that I need a "Wide Toe Box". Fortunately, a term that is becoming more popular in the shoe world. Still, some of my Brooks have become unwearable and I am looking around.

My goto shoe was the Brooks Adrenaline. Full support.

My PodDr suggested Brooks, New Balance and Asics.

I got these Asics and love them. A little bold but in Palm Springs they go, pretty much unnoticed. LOL

View attachment 19014825

Finding any shoe in a WIDE is tougher than I thought.

Because of my spur, he suggested "Rocker Toe and "Rigid Sole". which is most running shoes.

I also wear Hey Dude casual shoes if I'm not going to be walking much. Without the inserts, my feet cramp in about 10 steps. These are the worst support shoes in the world. Still, they are SUPER comfy and have a lot of style. I have 22 pair of Hey Dude shoes. LMAO Mrs Ringo calls me Imelda Marcus. LOL

View attachment 19014824 View attachment 19014823 View attachment 19014822 View attachment 19014821 View attachment 19014820 View attachment 19014819

So, what kind of shoes do you wear for walking and everyday?
Depends where I am walking and what I'm doing.

Because of spinal issues I have to wear a shoe that does not let my foot slide around. At home it's ok, but these days if I am out. I like to wear a loafer because I can use a long shoe horn to help me put it on, that's for casual wear. If doing a chore like being on the roof, I wear hiking boots that fit tight.

Nothing that I have to bend over and tie up.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
She’s very pretty. Nice color too. A big girl like her in an apartment life make you wonder how much exercise she’s getting.
She isn't in a apartment yet the people can't seem to come up with $200.
There is a list of red flags with the potential owners that as a experienced dog breeder make me concerned as well.
My bet is 100% chance of being brought back in within six months ruined or at the pound.
Hope I am wrong but would bet money I aint.
Those crocs make your feet look skinny🙄😊
Thanks Joe you always know just what to say.
👍🏾

Latest posts

Latest posts