The Original O'l Farts Club.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
IMG_9034.jpeg

oldmaninbc

She sure knows she is loved and appreciated.
Good day GW,
thinking back to your comment yesterday about the nature of an animal. My last cat, adopted from a shelter, turned out to be the smartest of all my cats. A domestic cat with no pedigree; a couple of cats I had were pedigree but they did not have the character of my adopted tabby. I wholeheartedly agree the nature of an animal is more important than looks.
Speaking from the perspective of a person learning to sketch, I also see the physical characteristics of an animal.
Appearance mean nothing when an animal looks at you with intelligence and affection.

jokerman

Premium user
Waiting on the door guy to come give an estimate on replacing my front door. I do love the old door but now the lock broke so you can’t get in from outside and we were wanting to replace it although I hope I don't miss it. It has a cool mail slot which I know I will miss but our mail lady doesn’t use it half the time so there is that… it also has the door knocker with Mr Hunts name on it the master gardener that is responsible for the beautiful flowers in my yard as well as the tallest flagpole in my hood. I also will miss the door latch that brother @Boo sent me. But I am looking forward to the updated look and getting some paint on my trim and shutters to spruce the lace up a bit.
until then, Arlo is running “wide open“.
View attachment 19014791

He loves his new swimming pool and must have dish pan feet by now hanging out in it. He has not layed down in it yet, I’m sure he will as it get hotter here…

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Happened to me too in High school in sports ,but my coaches said to me "The world needs more electricians ☝️",
It was a nice way and let me down easyier😊
God reached down and gave me speed. Our track team finished 2nd in state my senior year. I have 2 silver metals to prove it. Got a college scholarship at a D-2 school where I bombed out. Drinking beer was a lot more fun. That summer is when I smoked my first joint.

oldmaninbc

God reached down and gave me speed. Our track team finished 2nd in state my senior year. I have 2 silver metals to prove it. Got a college scholarship at a D-2 school where I bombed out. Drinking beer was a lot more fun. That summer is when I smoked my first joint.
Morning Pute, you must have been fast!
Then old age happened, good thing about that, you can still partake in the cannabis ritual of the elderly.

I never earned a medal. I was thinking about buying myself a trophy.

I was unofficially elected president of the "Men's Bald Headed Society"

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good day GW,
thinking back to your comment yesterday about the nature of an animal. My last cat, adopted from a shelter, turned out to be the smartest of all my cats. A domestic cat with no pedigree; a couple of cats I had were pedigree but they did not have the character of my adopted tabby. I wholeheartedly agree the nature of an animal is more important than looks.
Speaking from the perspective of a person learning to sketch, I also see the physical characteristics of an animal.
Appearance mean nothing when an animal looks at you with intelligence and affection.
Good day Old Man! Hee, hee, hee! If only they could communicate....................................
I was never fast! I ran the 100-yard dash the same speed in full football uniform as I did in track shorts.

In football I had to make up for being slow by being shifty.................

Ringodoggie

Premium user
About a year ago I got custom inserts for my shoes. It drastically cut down on foot cramps. They made a mold of my feet and then made a custom support insert that I put in my shoes in place of the factory insole. $500 for the first set and then I was able to order 2 more sets at ONLY $250 each since they still had the original mold.

Still, at any price, it was worth it. I was having trouble hiking even 1 or 2 miles without suffering massive cramps. With these inserts I do 2 or 3 miles on downtown concrete and I am cool as ice.

OK, this brings about a question I have for all you old farts...... SHOES. What kind of shoes do you wear now in our...waning years. LOL

In recent years I have gone through foot menopause and my feet have changed. I wore Rockports for years when I was younger but at some point they just didn't do the job any more. Later, during my footopause I switched around and finally ended up wearing Brooks most of the time. Wore Brooks through most of my 60's. Now I am in my 70's and still changing.

I also have a bone spur on the top of my big toe joint that hurts constantly. It's a pretty simple surgery but I have put it off too long and now it is just worse. Anyway, because of that I need a "Wide Toe Box". Fortunately, a term that is becoming more popular in the shoe world. Still, some of my Brooks have become unwearable and I am looking around.

My goto shoe was the Brooks Adrenaline. Full support.

My PodDr suggested Brooks, New Balance and Asics.

I got these Asics and love them. A little bold but in Palm Springs they go, pretty much unnoticed. LOL

612ORE2aYTL._AC_SX675_.jpg

Finding any shoe in a WIDE is tougher than I thought.

Because of my spur, he suggested "Rocker Toe and "Rigid Sole". which is most running shoes.

I also wear Hey Dude casual shoes if I'm not going to be walking much. Without the inserts, my feet cramp in about 10 steps. These are the worst support shoes in the world. Still, they are SUPER comfy and have a lot of style. I have 22 pair of Hey Dude shoes. LMAO Mrs Ringo calls me Imelda Marcus. LOL

517VgnyqnCL._AC_SY625_.jpg 71IQd-fzsEL._AC_SX625_.jpg 61QzxzqNB6L._AC_SY625_.jpg 61NgtB+XntL._AC_SY625_.jpg 61Jg85I-45L._AC_SY625_.jpg 61F1Nii98fL._AC_SY625_.jpg

So, what kind of shoes do you wear for walking and everyday?

Last edited:

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Sketchers with Dr Scholls insets. As a matter of fact i have the Dr Scholl's inserts in everything. Hiking boots slippers....everything. I used to have the expensive inserts from a podiatrist but the inserts work just as well. For me anyway. Inserts were $20 each.....lot more affordable.

After I got out of school I had shin splints so bad it would have given me a military deferment.....but I the days of Nam you didn't complain about petty stuff like that.

Latest posts

Latest posts