What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

SubGirl

420club
Hey everyone. Stopping in for a doobie break and some lunch. Set up the doggie pool today. Maryjane wanted nothing to do with it but Arlo on the other hand went bonkers over it. He played in it all morning while I worked behind the shed removing an old pump that was hooked up to the lake tributary behind my house.
IMG_0056.jpeg

got the pump all disconnected. Now just waiting on the damn electricians like in the old days 🤪🤪🤪
IMG_0060.jpeg

I also replaced my winter flower pot with some new zinnias for the summer
out with the old
IMG_0061.jpeg

in with the new
IMG_0062.jpeg

‘oh yeah, made a birthday present too when I was out there too.
IMG_0064.jpeg

‘Nice day today to work outside. In the 80s but not stifling hot.

oldmaninbc

I liked Cream Soda long before M.A.S.H. became a popular tv show.
What's wrong with Radar?
Artificial grape flavor was never my thing.
I did love Orange Crush as a kid though.

Speaking of grape... the weed flavor of choice tonight is:
BOG's Sour Grape
As young fellow growing up in Central Canada, during summer vacation we would go out of town. passing through this one town we would always stop for a drink. The store we went to had a cream soda that was clear no red color, it was so good.

oldmaninbc

I picked the Jeep up on the third day of a one-day turnaround to address two factory recalls, and in addition to taking longer than estimated, they tried to upsell me by telling me that based on my 140K mileage, my fluids need replacing, my serpentine belt is showing excessive wear, and I need new sparkplugs. I asked if they checked the condition or if they were just going by milage and was told they checked.

As they quoted $298 just to replace the serpentine belt and the rest of the prices were about equally absurd, I declined and checked out the serpentine belt when I got home. We just recently bought the car used, but as I remembered correctly, the belt was virtually new and I the transmission fluid is still bright and clear with good smells, as it was when I checked it out before buying it. I haven't checked the differentials but I'm pretty sure they didn't even bother to check either, just automatically went for my throat and wallet.
Please oh please do business with me and I will suck the life out of you. Smiling all the time I am doing it.

They can be no different in Canada...have had similar experiences.

Morning GW

SubGirl

420club
As young fellow growing up in Central Canada, during summer vacation we would go out of town. passing through this one town we would always stop for a drink. The store we went to had a cream soda that was clear no red color, it was so good.
I recently got a cream soda at this craft beer place with my hamburger. Didn’t have the same charm as I remembered in the old days. I do love cherry soda tho and buy it on occasion along with root beer for a change.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Hey everyone. Stopping in for a doobie break and some lunch. Set up the doggie pool today. Maryjane wanted nothing to do with it but Arlo on the other hand went bonkers over it. He played in it all morning while I worked behind the shed removing an old pump that was hooked up to the lake tributary behind my house.
View attachment 19014406

got the pump all disconnected. Now just waiting on the damn electricians like in the old days 🤪🤪🤪
View attachment 19014407

I also replaced my winter flower pot with some new zinnias for the summer
out with the old
View attachment 19014408
in with the new
View attachment 19014409

‘oh yeah, made a birthday present too when I was out there too.
View attachment 19014410
‘Nice day today to work outside. In the 80s but not stifling hot.
Damn Subby, you are handy around the house. Do you rent yourself out? I could sure use some help.

oldmaninbc

I recently got a cream soda at this craft beer place with my hamburger. Didn’t have the same charm as I remembered in the old days. I do love cherry soda tho and buy it on occasion along with root beer for a change.
Morning Sub...I recall my great grandfather making his own root beer, I think he liked more than I did.
I do like the occasional root beer, frosty cold. OH, I almost forgot, I like a root beer float.

I like to drink the Ice drink, my wife she likes here soda.

The fire hydrant in your yard, is that for the dogs?

SubGirl

420club
Morning Sub...I recall my great grandfather making his own root beer, I think he liked more than I did.
I do like the occasional root beer, frosty cold. OH, I almost forgot, I like a root beer float.

I like to drink the Ice drink, my wife she likes here soda.

The fire hydrant in your yard, is that for the dogs?
Yes it’s real but not connected. For dog use only. I’ve been hauling that heavy thing around for 20 years at least.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Please oh please do business with me and I will suck the life out of you. Smiling all the time I am doing it.

They can be no different in Canada...have had similar experiences.

Morning GW
Good morning Old Man! The "Smiling Zack" service rep was a hoot as well, doing the soft shoe and avoiding the question as the schedule stretched.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
English (?) humor is so different from American lol

I remember in the 70's, watching Bennie Hill.
TV offered little in the late nights but... with some tin
foil and lots of tweaking of the antenna plus and using
the VHF dial, we could pull in Bennie Hill.
What I recall most is that; so very often I'd be thinking...
WTF? :LOL:
Dirty ole man also, IIRC haha
Yes - English humour can be as funny as any other - it just depends on what makes you laugh - and if you understand it - and there are so many examples of various types of humour around these days - and many treasures from the past -

- Benny Hill was mostly funny due to the sexual innuendo ingredient - other forms of humour rely on language - which can be quite verbose and colloquial -