What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
today in central florida were at 94 degrees in the shade...after a late lunch I have to head on up into the attic...climbing thru all the reinforcement studs in the attic is killing my back...so much for a 200mph wind rating...you need to be a monkey to get up there...

Unca Walt

420club
Barely seeing any coverage of this which is really alarming.......... this is major possibly the biggest issue in our generation and cricckets.
True dat.

Not like it is some bullshit Internet rumor. This is verifiable in seconds by anyone.

The thing that bothers me is that even here, I see zerio in the way of the average person doing anything to protect the value of what they currently own.

When the dollar buys NOTHING (like the bolivar/peso/pengo/yadayada) just what TF are these folks RIGHT HERE gonna do?

The "money" they have in the bank or mattress will be toilet paper.

And it will be too late then. Normalcy bias can actually be deadly.

Unca Walt

420club
I recently got a cream soda at this craft beer place with my hamburger. Didn’t have the same charm as I remembered in the old days. I do love cherry soda tho and buy it on occasion along with root beer for a change.
When I wuz a kid, we useta make root beer. Easypeasy:

Pull up a young sassafras tree (no higher than 5'). Cut off all the thin roots and wash them in the creek. Cut the roots into 4" lengths.

We useta put the roots on piece of tin from a roof and let them dry for 3 or 4 days. Then we peeled off the crispy root coverings. <-- This smelled like root beer already.

Anyway, you then boiled the bejezus outa the bark corverings for about a half hour. Add sugar, and bingo! You got root beer.

jokerman

Premium user

Pull up a young sassafras tree (no higher than 5'). Cut off all the thin roots and wash them in the creek. Cut the roots into 4" lengths.

We useta put the roots on piece of tin from a roof and let them dry for 3 or 4 days. Then we peeled off the crispy root coverings. <-- This smelled like root beer already.

Anyway, you then boiled the bejezus outa the bark corverings for about a half hour. Add sugar, and bingo! You got root beer.
as a kid i remember fairs that sold the sasparilla stick ?
it was in the last century!

oldmaninbc

Good morning Old Man! The "Smiling Zack" service rep was a hoot as well, doing the soft shoe and avoiding the question as the schedule stretched.
It's such a shame that we have to live in a society that feels it's necessary for unscrupulous behaviour.

One of the local drugstore chains recently had a class action lawsuit brought against them by franchise owners. Claiming they were being forced to act in unethical ways by the parent companies. Thousands of employees have backed up the franchise owners claims. The people being hurt are owners, employees and customers.
The drug store chain is owned by a very large Canadian grocery chain. Who, a few years back was included in a group of grocery companies who conspired to raise bread prices and did, people were awarded compensation after it went to court.

What continued to bother me was...when the people went to collect their compensation the company required personal information from the customer. Just no end to their thieving ways.

jokerman

Premium user
I think he’s on a snack break 😊
Oh Subie of River Thames ☝️
Am I that predictable😊?
Actually I got a call from my Honey if i could bring this cream from a dermatologist for a lady She works with.
I said sure .also let me bring bk
I go to a outstanding bagel store near her office.
2 bagels with lox and a 1/4 lb of coleslaw $30.00
a bagel with veg cream cheese $6.25 and add $1. for onion slice
then they show you options to tip.
$47 by the time I got done
what i can buy for $47 at a store would last 3 days
Maybe 2 days if snacks were involved.

SubGirl

420club

My grandma called that sassafras tea. I drank it but didn’t care for it although I pretended that I liked it cause she did.

SubGirl

420club
Am I that predictable😊?
Actually I got a call from my Honey if i could bring this cream from a dermatologist for a lady She works with.
But it was good I’ll bet.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Whats up OFC? Been working outside in the heat. Nothing like Boo is dealing with but plenty hot for me.

Heat makes me lazy. Just checked to make sure everything has plenty of water. Peppers are wilting from the sun. I plant the peppers between the maters and beans. They both provide shade but the beans are just breaking ground and the maters are only about 18" tall so no shade yet. Clouds are moving in so that helps.
Am I that predictable😊?
That is ridiculous! Everything costs a fortune now. Going out to dinner costs about 40% more than the last election. Then Walt says the dollar won't be worth anything but toilet paper. I am looking forward to the future.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

oldmaninbc

Whats up OFC? Been working outside in the hear. Nothing like Boo is dealing with but plenty hot for me.

Heat makes me lazy. Just checked to make sure everything has plenty of water. Peppers are wilting from the sun. I plant the peppers between the maters and beans. They both provide shade but the beans are just breaking ground and the maters are only about 18" tall so no shade yet. Clouds are moving in so that helps.

That is ridiculous! Everything costs a fortune now. Going out to dinner costs about 40% more than the last election. Then Walt says the dollar won't be worth anything but toilet paper. I am looking forward to the future.

tenor.gif
Make sure to keep yourself hydrated.

jokerman

Premium user
Am I that predictable😊?
When I got to the bagel store I phoned the office if a third girl wanted something.
The lady who needed the cream answered the phone and I asked if the third girl wanted something ,
I then asked the second lady to ask my Honey if that tube of cream She wanted was marked KY.
She didnt think it was as funny as I thought it was.