What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Goldhedge

Ya - I've always loved dancing - in all it's many forms - at 6-7 years old I was part of an English Country Dancing troupe - that got to travel and perform around southern England mostly - then my Mother enrolled me in a Jazz/Ballet and Tap dancing class - where I was the only boy - all the gals made a big fuss over me - and I was very popular as a dance partner - in my 20's I joined a Chippendales like dance group called 'The Dream Boys' in Hong Kong (best job I ever had - as a male dancer/stripper) - and always enjoyed hitting the dance floors where ever I was in the world - was a great way to meet and break the ice with the ladies - and led to many fun and meaningful relationships - over the years - got to know my current wife - on that first date - on the dancefloor -
I too loved dancing. Ballroom style, waltz, two-step, square, contra...

Learning how to waltz made all the difference!

I did a lot of dating via the dance floor. Woman LOVE a guy who can lead and dance!

One could instantly tell who was a good dating partner by dancing with them.

I wear boxer shorts because I like a lot of ballroom when dancing....

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
The winters aren't the same there anymore the Mississippi Flyway system moved and along with so did it's normal weather pattern.
That's why I'm in Mn now, I missed the snow and the cold and the true 4 seasons.
Don't remember it getting that extreme in the summer when I was younger down there.
I grew up in Kansas and when I go back in the summer I almost die...95 temp....95% humidity and 40 mph wind...no thanks. People there you get used to it!!

Goldhedge

Well, it looks as if we all woke up on the right side of the grass today!!

Good Morning! Gonna be a hot one today!

Screenshot 2024-06-02 at 8.04.26 AM.png

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I too loved dancing. Ballroom style, waltz, two-step, square, contra...

Learning how to waltz made all the difference!

I did a lot of dating via the dance floor. Woman LOVE a guy who can lead and dance!

One could instantly tell who was a good dating partner by dancing with them.

I wear boxer shorts because I like a lot of ballroom when dancing....
For sure - ballroom dancing 🕺 was a great way to get up close to the ladies - my Mum originally taught me to waltz - to this tune 😀

BrassNwood

Veteran
Bring copious amounts of money.

I am "house shopping" in Palm Springs right now. Damn, you sure don't get much for a million dollars around here. LOL Condos are pretty affordable because that's 80% of what's around here (being a "second home" community) but I want a real house without an HOA and that limits me to the other 20%. If I had 2 mil for a house, it would be no problem. Plenty of nice houses for 1 to 2 mil. I am topped at about 700k. I might look in LaQuinta Cove. You get a little more for your money there. The key is to get a 'double lot'. The lots are super tiny around here.

Back home in why oh why Ohio we advertised home lots by the acre. Half acre. Quarter acre. Whatever. Here they define the lot size in square feet. LOL

I see some of the posts with pictures here of the awesome wide open spaces and I miss that scene. However, I love the party. And, the party is in the resort towns. And real estate in resort towns is expensive. So, I make my choice.

Some day I might move out of the desert. I am totally open minded and not afraid of change. I am looking at distressed property on the Amalfi Coast in Italy (I have family in Sorento and Naples). You can buy super cheap and the gov will provide rehab assistance. I have been down that rehab road before in why oh why Ohio when I was flipping homes. It simply amazes me that one of the most beautiful coastlines in the world is full of blight and distress. If you Google street view you can see beautiful 2 million dollar 1600's villa built right into the mountainside and the abandoned property next door has tents of homeless people squatting there. Damn..... homeless on the Amalfi Coast. Hard to believe.

Anyway, if you're ever down this way, the beer is on me. :)
:)
OH... the one that stuck for almost all of last week...
Never like it and, who the fleck is Bruce anyway? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You got me runnin', goin' out of my mind
You got me thinkin' that I'm wastin' my time
Don't bring me down
No, no, no, no, no
Ooh-ooh-hoo
I'll tell you once more before I get off the floor
Don't bring me down
You wanna stay out with your fancy friends
I'm tellin' you, it's got to be the end
Don't bring me down
No, no, no, no, no
Ooh-ooh-hoo
Don't bring me down
Don't bring me down, groos
Don't bring me down
What happened to the girl I used to know?
You let your mind out somewhere down the road
Don't bring me down
No, no, no, no, no
Ooh-ooh-hoo
Don't bring me down
You're always talkin' 'bout your crazy nights
One of these days, you're gonna get it right
Don't bring me down
No, no, no, no, no
Ooh-ooh-hoo
Don't bring me down
Don't bring me down
You're lookin' good, just like a snake in the grass
One of these days, you're gonna break your glass
Don't bring me down
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no
Ooh-ooh-hoo
Don't bring me down
You got me shakin', got me runnin' away
You got me crawlin' up to you everyday
Don't bring me down
No, no, no, no, no
Ooh-ooh-hoo
Don't bring me down, down, down, down, down, down
Don't bring me down

When Jeff Lynne was recording this, he used the sound because he liked it as a temporary peacekeeper. He discovered that it was a Swiss/German word meaning “Greetings!”, so he left it in.Dec 3, 2018
Put this in a playlist and am going to give it a try next time the earworm invades haha

Oh boy, I just thought of that awful scene in The Wrath of Khan where they put
that earwig lookin' bug in someones ear. I don't remember who it was only the bug
in the ear part eeeww!

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Not sure but I hope they figure it out, she is improving with the meds they are pumping in her.
Well if she has massive internal infections, which is usually what causes an elevated white blood cell count, pumping the patient full of antibiotics is unfortunately thee best solution. The only other option which they only do if the antibiots don't work is to open the patient up and try to clean out the infection surgically. Depending on where the infection is and how bad it is, makes that the more risky option though.

If she's improving that's a very good sign but if the infection is widspread it can take a really long time.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
No - didn't do that just yet Walt - I'll take a look at the gadget - then see if it suits me first - I'm so used to writing then correcting as I go - it'll be a big change to start speech to type - but of course - change can be good 👍
Another option to consider is a voice activated recording device. They don't require any wires (microphone is built in and they can be small enough to easily slip in a pocket. You just turn it on and talk. It's especially good for when while doing something like a long walk and you have some great idea pop in your head or an inspired memory you can just capture it right then and there and retrieve the idea or memory later.

They're also good for capturing somone confessing to something without them knowing they're being recorded. I'm not sure what they cost but the ones I've seen were all reasonably priced in the $20 - $30 range.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts