What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Bendy for sure and quite mesmerizing to watch.

It's so much fun to hear about your life, the things you've done, places seen and lived,
where you are now and... where you are going.
Have you begun that book yet? Recuperation may provide some time for such an endeavor :)

I've never traveled outside the US and then, not often.
I have had my photo and write ups a couple of times in the local papers haha.
1st time was for square dancing. My big claim to fame :ROFLMAO:
keep it gangsta yall!

eta i enjoy hearing about all of your lifes!
this is a fun thread!

Littleleaf

Veteran
Looking for the right handle accelerator/ switch assembly for a 1977 honda trail 90. Will pay top dollar for one or just the bottom half. So if any one seen one in a barn or field. Hit me up.
bottom.jpg
top.jpg

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran

It's so much fun to hear about your life, the things you've done, places seen and lived,
Have you begun that book yet? Recuperation may provide some time for such an endeavor :)

Ya - I've been around - figuratively and quite literally too - so many stories to tell - and I did start writing about some of them - earlier this year - before open heart surgery kinda interjected - and pain meds T-Boned my chain of thought - but now/soon is the time to get back to writing my 'Smugg'lin Stories' again - previewing here on ICMAG - in the VIP Lounge - already have nearly finished the first chapter - lol

Must now get back to the discipline of writing a coupla/few pages per day - and it's good mental therapy to stay cerebrally sharp as I age - I find - to spend at least a couple of hours per day - digging deep into my memory - to paint a picture of words about my crazy past life - much of it stranger than fiction -

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club

well look at you go mrs twinkle toes! that is something really cool!
aint too much to see outside the us but people who dont speak good english
but its a beautiful world we live in
enjoy every bite!

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Kevin is waiting for you to blink or turn your back.
I'll bet, that reminds me of two cats we had when me and one of my brothers tried to grow cannabis in the basement. They would wait by the basement door and when we opened it to exit the basement they would dash down the steps and over to where we had the plants growing and start munching on as many leaves as they could before we could follow them back downstairs to stop them. I mean it was crazy, they were more excited by the smell of fresh cannabis then they were by the smell of catnip.

Last edited:

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Maybe could add a note in there in case there are “lab cats” around if there is such a thing. If I had a Lab, I would prolly have a Lab cat 😁 They have different Permissible Exposure Limits than us humans…
I don't remember which one or one(s) it was but I have a vague memory of hearing about how certain essential oils are very toxic to cats. Oh wait, silly me, I can look it up on the interwebs. :biggrin:

"Many liquid potpourri products and essential oils, including oil of cinnamon, citrus, pennyroyal, peppermint, pine, sweet birch, tea tree (melaleuca), wintergreen, and ylang ylang, are poisonous to cats. Both ingestion and skin exposure can be toxic."

Digger102

Veteran
Welp, I think I'm cashed :(

Been working steadily on the apt. downstairs for 3 wks now, to ready it for new tenants.

They want to start sleeping here tonight. Never do tenants move in prior
to the dwelling being completed, sigh. I have a minimum of 4 days work
left to finish the 2nd. coats of paint, install all the hardware including clothes
bars in all the closets, new face plates and cabinet hardware + little do dads
like cut the toilet screws off so the covers can be installed.

Guess these youngin's are going to get a quick lesson on how to do all
the finish work aye? Good skills to learn anyway IMO :)
I will leave them w/ instructions, materials and tools for completion and
I'm out. I won't be in a residence once occupied.

Also... along the way I'm thinking I've got a respiratory infection :(
Kicked my ass yesterday and all I did was sleep off and on.
Today... energy level is about nil also.

Going to load up on canna caps, plug in a movie and lounge on the sofa.

Hope the good folks here have a pretty darn groovy day :whee:
You would really take that chance for youngsters to come in and finish the job and then possibly complain later that you made them do the work and have a reason to BS with the rent if something breaks? I'm not a landlord, so there are things I dont understand, but what if they do a job that isnt up to your standards?

Goldhedge

That's known as an 'ear worm'....

The Earworm Eraser – Get catchy songs out of your head | Atlassian​

It’s impossible to get catchy songs out of your head. That’s why we brought together music psychologist Dr. Kelly Jakubowski and audio engineers to create the Earworm Eraser – a scientifically-engineered track designed to get rid of earworms for good.The Earworm Eraser audio track works by incorporating scientific principles of music and the brain to disrupt the neural patterns that keep a catchy tune stuck in one's head. The track features a series of audio patterns and rhythmic structures that are carefully designed to break the loop of the song in the listener's mind.

Goldhedge

I enjoy listening to different/ unique/ uncommon to me, musical instruments.

Pipa: “White Snow in Spring,” performed by Wu Man​

Recognized as the world’s premier pipa virtuoso and leading ambassador of Chinese music, Grammy Award-nominated musician Wu Man performs “White Snow in Spring”. Filmed in The Astor Chinese Garden Court, at The Metropolitan Museum of Art, April 13, 2016

“White Snow in Spring” first appeared in 1895 (Qing dynasty) as a hand-written score by pipa master Li Fangyuan's New Collection of Thirteen Pipa Score.

Gamelan recorded in Peliatan Bali Indonesia in 1985​

imiubu

You would really take that chance for youngsters to come in and finish the job and then possibly complain later that you made them do the work and have a reason to BS with the rent if something breaks? I'm not a landlord, so there are things I dont understand, but what if they do a job that isnt up to your standards?
I am not the landlord, only the upstairs tenant in this 101 yo house, turned duplex.

What is left to do is cosmetic. A 2nd. coat of paint in a few places, changing the toilet seat,
mounting closet, bath and kitchen cabinet hardware, etc.
He has experience and is a friend of the LL.

I'm just the person who helped by choosing the flooring, paint, hardware, ceiling fixtures
and blinds then, I purchased them w/ the LL $ :)
Did a lot of stripping, sanding, painting old wood, some small repairs, some cleaning etc.
It was a rush job and I wanted to lend my experiences to my landlord as... he is awesome.
He trusts me and my judgement, we make a good team, so he says.

Also, it was therapeutic for me in many ways as I love that kind of work
and...
it was my way of purging the negative vibe from the previous evil entity (tenant) out of this house.
To make anew and dispel the old in a positive fashion.

Edit to add:

In a different setting, tenants would not move into a unit until reno's are completed.
This is privately owned property. I have been here 15 yrs. The previous DS tenant
for 16. There was a lot of updates to be made, and contractors did all that. I basically
oversaw the project and suggested all the work that was done. LL is clueless to cosmetic
aesthetics and the necessity of attention to details. That's my dept. and I loved it :)

Last edited:

imiubu

The Earworm Eraser – Get catchy songs out of your head | Atlassian​

It’s impossible to get catchy songs out of your head. That’s why we brought together music psychologist Dr. Kelly Jakubowski and audio engineers to create the Earworm Eraser – a scientifically-engineered track designed to get rid of earworms for good.The Earworm Eraser audio track works by incorporating scientific principles of music and the brain to disrupt the neural patterns that keep a catchy tune stuck in one's head. The track features a series of audio patterns and rhythmic structures that are carefully designed to break the loop of the song in the listener's mind.

Put this in a playlist and am going to give it a try next time the earworm invades haha

Oh boy, I just thought of that awful scene in The Wrath of Khan where they put
that earwig lookin' bug in someones ear. I don't remember who it was only the bug
in the ear part eeeww!

imiubu

Pipa: “White Snow in Spring,” performed by Wu Man​

Recognized as the world’s premier pipa virtuoso and leading ambassador of Chinese music, Grammy Award-nominated musician Wu Man performs “White Snow in Spring”. Filmed in The Astor Chinese Garden Court, at The Metropolitan Museum of Art, April 13, 2016

“White Snow in Spring” first appeared in 1895 (Qing dynasty) as a hand-written score by pipa master Li Fangyuan's New Collection of Thirteen Pipa Score.

Gamelan recorded in Peliatan Bali Indonesia in 1985​

The Gamelan one is super cool. I rather dig percussion, over strings though.

imiubu

Sure is easier to keep up with the thread this time of night lol :tumbleweed:
Must be all the of's dun gone of to slumber land :)
If not for sleeping so much today, slumber would have taken me too.

Now however, it's so slow that; I'm talking with my seh elf (sounding like billy idol :D).

Latest posts

Latest posts