What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
As I get older, I find I'm shopping for houses in old palm springs and understand why it's full of old people. I'm cold all the time now.
Bring copious amounts of money.

I am "house shopping" in Palm Springs right now. Damn, you sure don't get much for a million dollars around here. LOL Condos are pretty affordable because that's 80% of what's around here (being a "second home" community) but I want a real house without an HOA and that limits me to the other 20%. If I had 2 mil for a house, it would be no problem. Plenty of nice houses for 1 to 2 mil. I am topped at about 700k. I might look in LaQuinta Cove. You get a little more for your money there. The key is to get a 'double lot'. The lots are super tiny around here.

Back home in why oh why Ohio we advertised home lots by the acre. Half acre. Quarter acre. Whatever. Here they define the lot size in square feet. LOL

I see some of the posts with pictures here of the awesome wide open spaces and I miss that scene. However, I love the party. And, the party is in the resort towns. And real estate in resort towns is expensive. So, I make my choice.

Some day I might move out of the desert. I am totally open minded and not afraid of change. I am looking at distressed property on the Amalfi Coast in Italy (I have family in Sorento and Naples). You can buy super cheap and the gov will provide rehab assistance. I have been down that rehab road before in why oh why Ohio when I was flipping homes. It simply amazes me that one of the most beautiful coastlines in the world is full of blight and distress. If you Google street view you can see beautiful 2 million dollar 1600's villa built right into the mountainside and the abandoned property next door has tents of homeless people squatting there. Damn..... homeless on the Amalfi Coast. Hard to believe.

Anyway, if you're ever down this way, the beer is on me. :)

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
shatterday.jpg

imiubu

When this album came out in 72-73? the big tune to hit the airwaves was La Grange.
It was all the buzz.
Had a school mate who's parents indulged her musical interest and bought her all
the newest LP's. Thinking back, they may have figured it was an inexpensive way
to keep their daughter at home on weekends as her school pals all came over to
listen to LP's.

Back then the album went on the turntable and we listened front to back.
So, she and I push ourselves across the bed, lean against the wall and just listened.
That's what ya do yanno as this is all brand new and you want to hear every note, every lyric.

This song came on and I was struck so deeply emotionally, I teared up.
She looks over at me and says... are you crying? Yeah, but don't you FEEL that?
I didn't quite understand then just what that song caused me to feel but it was deep.
It is still my favorite of that album.

Fast forward to the mid 90's. I was in a relationship of about 6 yrs at the time.
On the surface it seemed good. We were doing well and getting along fine.
BUT... something was off. My gut said; something is off.

Saturday mornings were my housecleaning day and the boys get gone for the time.
I slap some CD's in the disk player and get to working.
This song came on as I was rounding the backside of my sofa.
I was over come by emotions and found myself down on my knees, holding
onto the back of that sofa and bawling like I'd not cried in ages.

It came to me then, the song is about yearning for connection deeper than the physical.
I also knew then and there that he was cheating.
He was. The relationship ended but we parted amicably.
That is also the day I learned to trust my gut.

jokerman

Premium user
When this album came out in 72-73? the big tune to hit the airwaves was La Grange.
It was all the buzz.
Had a school mate who's parents indulged her musical interest and bought her all
the newest LP's. Thinking back, they may have figured it was an inexpensive way
to keep their daughter at home on weekends as her school pals all came over to
listen to LP's.

Back then the album went on the turntable and we listened front to back.
So, she and I push ourselves across the bed, lean against the wall and just listened.
That's what ya do yanno as this is all brand new and you want to hear every note, every lyric.

This song came on and I was struck so deeply emotionally, I teared up.
She looks over at me and says... are you crying? Yeah, but don't you FEEL that?
I didn't quite understand then just what that song caused me to feel but it was deep.
It is still my favorite of that album.

Fast forward to the mid 90's. I was in a relationship of about 6 yrs at the time.
On the surface it seemed good. We were doing well and getting along fine.
BUT... something was off. My gut said; something is off.

Saturday mornings were my housecleaning day and the boys get gone for the time.
I slap some CD's in the disk player and get to working.
This song came on as I was rounding the backside of my sofa.
I was over come by emotions and found myself down on my knees, holding
onto the back of that sofa and bawling like I'd not cried in ages.

It came to me then, the song is about yearning for connection deeper than the physical.
I also knew then and there that he was cheating.
He was. The relationship ended but we parted amicably.
That is also the day I learned to trust my gut.

Music stays with you for life and a friend for life too.

imiubu

Hope you get to feeling better. I know it would have been more fun to actually finish the project…

I’ll bet those screws don’t get cut off to put the caps back on…
I handed over the key today.
Let them know the immediate things to be done.
Showed them where all the materials etc were.
Offered my assistance, welcomed them to their new home,
and made my way back to my comfy sofa.
Did my part as best as time allowed :)

I feel less dragged out but am sure I'll need a round of antibiotics to get fit.
Thanks for the well wishes :)

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Unsung 'hero's' IMO
This art got a 'bad rap' as the general public think of 'strippers' as a dirty thing :(
Maybe the hardest working profession besides hooking... again only my opinion.

We have a young woman here locally that teaches pole dancing.
She is fabulous. She recently began a class on slow sensual style pole dance.
She has old gals like me in her classes too. Thinking I might just join in.
Sure would be a lot more fun that going to a stinking old jock strap smelling gym. :)

I watch a lot of the dancing vids also and prefer the latino style dances the best.
Ya - I've always loved dancing - in all it's many forms - at 6-7 years old I was part of an English Country Dancing troupe - that got to travel and perform around southern England mostly - then my Mother enrolled me in a Jazz/Ballet and Tap dancing class - where I was the only boy - all the gals made a big fuss over me - and I was very popular as a dance partner - in my 20's I joined a Chippendales like dance group called 'The Dream Boys' in Hong Kong (best job I ever had - as a male dancer/stripper) - and always enjoyed hitting the dance floors where ever I was in the world - was a great way to meet and break the ice with the ladies - and led to many fun and meaningful relationships - over the years - got to know my current wife - on that first date - on the dancefloor -

- in my 30's I became a qualified Royal Society of Arts aerobics teacher here in the UK - 🇬🇧 - and did many different fitness modules to learn many ways to teach people how to exercise to music 🎶 on land and in the water (aqua aerobics) -- and had very popular classes at many gyms and swimming pools - for quite a few years -

These days I mostly dance around the kitchen with my daughter - lol

Here's something that popped up in my youtube feed yesterday - this gal must be made of rubber - she's so bendy -

imiubu

Ya - I've always loved dancing - in all it's many forms - at 6-7 years old I was part of an English Country Dancing troupe - that got to travel and perform around southern England mostly - then my Mother enrolled me in a Jazz/Ballet and Tap dancing class - where I was the only boy - all the gals made a big fuss over me - and I was very popular as a dance partner - in my 20's I joined a Chippendales like dance group called 'The Dream Boys' in Hong Kong (best job I ever had - as a male dancer/stripper) - and always enjoyed hitting the dance floors where ever I was in the world - was a great way to meet and break the ice with the ladies - and led to many fun and meaningful relationships - over the years - got to know my current wife - on that first date - on the dancefloor -

- in my 30's I became a qualified Royal Society of Arts aerobics teacher here in the UK - 🇬🇧 - and did many different fitness modules to learn many ways to teach people how to exercise to music 🎶 on land and in the water (aqua aerobics) -- and had very popular classes at many gyms and swimming pools - for quite a few years -

These days I mostly dance around the kitchen with my daughter - lol

Here's something that popped up in my youtube feed yesterday - this gal must be made of rubber - she's so bendy -

Bendy for sure and quite mesmerizing to watch.

It's so much fun to hear about your life, the things you've done, places seen and lived,
where you are now and... where you are going.
Have you begun that book yet? Recuperation may provide some time for such an endeavor :)

I've never traveled outside the US and then, not often.
I have had my photo and write ups a couple of times in the local papers haha.
1st time was for square dancing. My big claim to fame :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Latest posts