What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Okay, I've been thinking things over long and hard the past few days and I've concluded that my decission to remove myself from this thread was a rash over reaction to what happend. To that end I would like to apologize to everyone for the amount of political discussion I brought into the thread and I'm sorry for any upset feelings i may have caused. So going forward I'll do my best to try to keep my political opinions to myself.

In my defense though I saw a lot of other political views being expressed and I just thought it was fair game as long as I didn't turn it into some sort of nasty name calling match, which I don't think I did? I do notice though that my political views are in the minority and so I guess even if I kept it civilized just the fact that I was taking an opposing view made it uncomfortable? Anyway the way it all played out I felt like I was being singled out and that's what made me react the way I did. It's all so silly though because obviously there is no way I'm going to change anyone's mind nor is my mind likely to change, that however is no reason to leave what is otherwise a pleasent and fun thread with a lot of cool people even if some of us don't see eye to eye politically.

So I'm hoping with my apology we can put the matter behind us and as I said I'll just keep my political views to myself. Once again I apologize for any disruption I caused and I'll strive to not let it happen again.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Okay, I've been thinking things over long and hard the past few days and I've concluded that my decission to remove myself from this thread was a rash over reaction to what happend. To that end I would like to apologize to everyone for the amount of political discussion I brought into the thread and I'm sorry for any upset feelings i may have caused. So going forward I'll do my best to try to keep my political opinions to myself.

In my defense though I saw a lot of other political views being expressed and I just thought it was fair game as long as I didn't turn it into some sort of nasty name calling match, which I don't think I did? I do notice though that my political views are in the minority and so I guess even if I kept it civilized just the fact that I was taking an opposing view made it uncomfortable? Anyway the way it all played out I felt like I was being singled out and that's what made me react the way I did. It's all so silly though because obviously there is no way I'm going to change anyone's mind nor is my mind likely to change, that however is no reason to leave what is otherwise a pleasent and fun thread with a lot of cool people even if some of us don't see eye to eye politically.

So I'm hoping with my apology we can put the matter behind us and as I said I'll just keep my political views to myself. Once again I apologize for any disruption I caused and I'll strive to not let it happen again.
Welcome back.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac

In my defense though I saw a lot of other political views being expressed and I just thought it was fair game as long as I didn't turn it into some sort of nasty name calling match, which I don't think I did? I do notice though that my political views are in the minority and so I guess even if I kept it civilized just the fact that I was taking an opposing view made it uncomfortable? Anyway the way it all played out I felt like I was being singled out and that's what made me react the way I did. It's all so silly though because obviously there is no way I'm going to change anyone's mind nor is my mind likely to change, that however is no reason to leave what is otherwise a please at and fun thread with a lot of cool people even if some of us don't see eye to eye politically.

There you are I was afraid you weren't coming back.
Glad you did even if we vote different as diversity of thought is a strength.
👍🏾

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club

Respect.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
There you are I was afraid you weren't coming back.
Glad you did even if we vote different as diversity of thought is a strength.
👍🏾
Ya - I never judge people - since I'm not a judge - and what people believe in - is up to them - I've known people who believe that lizard people run the show - and others that believe that politicians do too - and I may not agree - but that doesn't stop me from getting along with and liking someone for their character - intelligence - humour or charm - for there is far more to a person - than just their beliefs - which can change like the wind - throughout someone's life -

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
todays lesson in Economics 105

IMG_8967.jpeg

Janborrego

Ya - I never judge people - since I'm not a judge - and what people believe in - is up to them - I've known people who believe that lizard people run the show - and others that believe that politicians do too - and I may not agree - but that doesn't stop me from getting along with and liking someone for their character - intelligence - humour or charm - for there is far more to a person - than just their beliefs - which can change like the wind - throughout someone's life -
Aren't they the same politicians and lizard people?
They are all slimy!😜

Goldhedge

Didn't need to apologize. We gots thick skin... unless you were feeling guilty, or sumpin?

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
good to see you back hempkat...sure, we all have differences of opinions but that's what life is all about...we all have different views on the same thing, we just need to tolerant on this thread...

getting ready to head out to another funeral...happy that it's not mine...I'm gonna take a pass on the viewing but will go to the gravesite to pay my respects...don't need to be looking at another dead friend...how odd, most are far younger than myself but to look at them they look far older...

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
416190446_2072151249828448_6058820233907648045_n.jpg

good to see you back hempkat...sure, we all have differences of opinions but that's what life is all about...we all have different views on the same thing, we just need to tolerant on this thread...

getting ready to head out to another funeral...happy that it's not mine...I'm gonna take a pass on the viewing but will go to the gravesite to pay my respects...don't need to be looking at another dead friend...how odd, most are far younger than myself but to look at them they look far older...

Goldhedge

Laughter is the Best Medicine

It’s true: laughter is strong medicine. It draws people together in ways that trigger healthy physical and emotional changes in the body. Laughter strengthens your immune system, boosts mood, diminishes pain, and protects you from the damaging effects of stress. Nothing works faster or more dependably to bring your mind and body back into balance than a good laugh. Humor lightens your burdens, inspires hope, connects you to others, and keeps you grounded, focused, and alert. It also helps you release anger and forgive sooner.

Last edited:

oldmaninbc

It's sad to watch our friends pass before us, a few years back in a short period of a few years my 3 best friends of 40-50 years passed. We worked together, we got high, we played and we even fought. From disagreements, to physical fights. Because of the strength of our friendships we survived and thrived as friends, through it all, that's the power of friendship.

Good morning Boo

Latest posts

Latest posts