What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Unca Walt

420club
She'd be welcome to help out with the restoration - but might have to compete with the Mrs - who excels in restorative techniques -
Well then, send the castoffs to this crowd. Not to me, though; I am just too old.

Last night I made love to the Red Witch on the porch, our swing, and lastly -- standing up.

Then I fainted.

Dunno why... We did it OK in the morning.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah - I knew a bloke like you once Wolfie - his name was Mc Guyver - he was always fixing things -

I've got a few screwdrivers and a box of spanners - that I often try and fix things with - which usually ends up with steam venting thru me ears -
I came by it honestly. I was born with 99th percentile mechanical aptitude and abstract reasoning, at the expense of height, good looks, charm, or being hung like a horse, and grew up poor, so that I had to both design and build my own toys from available material, thus developing my skills at being creative and handy.

I then worked as a manufacturing engineer in metal fabrication and subsequently for the leading Fortune 500 aerospace firm in their field, managing a team of PE's and Mechanical designers charged with developing new processes and equipment that allowed us to continue to push the state of the art and stay number one by doing what no one had done before. We had to design and build it because it didn't exist otherwise.

Besides contributing my own ideas, I got to watch the fertile minds of my own team members, as well as the high priced Phd's in associated fields that we were researching.

Anytime I get too full of myself, I'm reminded of the number of times another team member, a learned consultant ($$$$$$), a craftsman, or our very own village idiot pulled the eloquent solution out of left field (outside the box), amazing all of us righteously debating how many angels could dance on the head of a pin in right field.

That's how I grew to appreciate the adage that, "Two heads are better than one, even if one is a cabbage."

Also, "Tho shall seek and respect the opinions of operators, even unto the third helper, for theirs is a wisdom unknown to technicrats."

Unca Walt

420club
I am certain you gave @Gypsy Nirvana a smile just then. In the Brit world, "rooting" um... uses your "root".
Got to thinkin' about it... That concept is a two-way street.

The Brits could say, "Be still, my pecker!"

That don't mean whut it means here. Gypsy'd be talking about his trembling lip. (eg: don't be afraid)

HAH! The Exquisite Witch just came in and reminded me how our Brit hosts had cracked up when I told them a fairly common name in the US was "Randy". <-- At first, they thought we were pulling the long bow.

There was an engineer in my company named Randy Cherry <-- it was on his door!

Oh, Dear... Herself is back with another one from back in the Olden Days when she was working in an international office. A French guy came in and asked her for a rubber. She didn't know what he meant. The guy came running back in later to apologize profusely!

We've laughed about that for 60 years.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Good Morning Kids
Looks sunny today
clean shirt and would like to keep it clean ( at least until second breakfast😊)

Wow ,is her Mom around?😊
Yes she is… she still has skilz too 😁
IMG_2646.jpeg

Latest posts

Latest posts